NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Jason Wells

Default Card Show in Raleigh This Weekend

I was thinking about making the trip down to the Show at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh this weekend.I know we have a lot of members from North Carolina and was hoping to get a feel for what the shows there are like.Anyone every been or planning to go?Thank You for any feedback.Jason
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Lee Hen.ebry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I was thinking about making the trip down to the Show at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh this weekend.I know we have a lot of members from North Carolina and was hoping to get a feel for what the shows there are like.Anyone every been or planning to go?Thank You for any feedback.Jason
I have been and there is a fair amount of pre-war offered. I don't know if they still have it (maybe not in winter, anyway), but they usually have a flea market outside at the same time that often has some interesting stuff. Anyway, from what I remember, you can expect 5 or so dealers to have a pretty good selection of pre-war (mostly t206) and then a few dealers here or there that have small stashes of pre-war. Last time I was there I picked up a t206 Cobb Bat on in good condition for $400 and a handful of other t206's at decent prices. If you are expectecting anything much rarer than t206 in pre-war, you will probably not find it at this show. Larrie Dean usually sets up at this show and has many pretty nice t206's for sale at reasonable prices.

There are usually a good amount of autograph dealers at this show and even an autograph guest sometimes, so if you are looking for something like that, this show should be right up your alley. Also, post-war is more abundant at this show than pre-war (as is at most shows); if you like 1950-1970 cards, there are quite a few of dealers.

Lee

Last edited by tinkertoeverstochance; 12-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Larrie Dean

Default Raleigh Show

Yes, the Raleigh show is this weekend...December 14-16. Among my more recently acquired Pre-war material are US Caramels, Goudeys and Batter-ups. Stop by my tables and say hello. Thanks Lee for the nice comment! Larrie
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Jason Wells

It's good to hear of a decent Prewar selection.Sounds like there are some good deals to be had.Thanks guys.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Pete Sycks

Heading out there on Sat. There are a couple of pre-war sellers. Lots of newer shiny stuff there though. The paperboy will have his loupe attached to his head.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
The paperboy will have his loupe attached to his head.
Yep...he is a trip. That loupe couldn't help him with that fake Jordan rookie he was selling though.