NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Default 1st February B/S/T Thread

Posted By: David Davis

Old 02-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Signed letter from Grantland Rice to Bill Dickey. $100 postage paid and insured.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1908 Ohio U real photo postcard - postally used. This card has George Kahler (Cleveland Naps) pre major league career. He is standing third from right in the back row. $150 postage page and insured. SOLD

Photobucket

Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron Patton

Dan, check your email regarding the OU postcard...

Old 02-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Aaron, check your email.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Kennedy

Email me TwirlerReulbach@sbcglobal.net

Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

1954 World Series, full ticket to Game 3 at Cleveland: It's not a PSA 10, but it is a full ticket, which don't come around all that often. One set of staple holes on each end of the ticket, plus there are a few creases. Minor paper loss on reverse doesn't affect any printing. I bought this fully intending to add it to my Indians collection, thinking that it was a Game 4 that I already had ... wrong! I don't need two full tickets to Game 3. -- $225 delivered

Nine-inch dinner plate used at the Wigwam Club in Cleveland Stadium, circa late 1950s-early '60s: The Wigwam Club was where the press and members of the Indians front office ate before and after games. It wasn't open to the public. Dinnerware from the Wigwam was produced by Syracuse China and surfaces every so often. I decided to scan this rather than take a photo, and as you can see the plate doesn't quite fit on my scanner. There also was a shadow created; the plate is white and maroon in color. It is not darker in the center. Exhibits typical wear, displays very nicely. No chips or cracks. It's a nice piece. -- $175 delivered.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith

Circa 1895-1905 Cedar Bluff Iowa Baseball Cabinet Photo - Sold

The photo measures about 6 x 4 inches with the board measuring 6 x 8 inches.
The back is marked: Ball Club, Cedar Bluff, Baraca Class.
From what I understand a baraca class is a young man's religous group. Upon seeing the Doric 76 on 2 of the jerseys, a masonic group team also came to mind.
The back also has a newer sticker label identifying the young man in the middle row far left as E.O. Wader (sp?)

THIS PHOTO HAS BEEN SOLD -thanks

Old 02-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Scrapbook damage - $12 delivered SOLD

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old 02-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: brock

Hello
Today i'm trying to sell a cut sig of sam Rice. This is a great autograph. You can see there is alittle water stain on the Sam part. I'm asking $43 shipped. I prefer paypal. Thanks Please email me at boblee89@yahoo.com

Old 02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C.

Offered are two spectacular baseball cabinet cards.

The team cabinet on the Buenos Aires mount is approx 6 1/4" x 10," is blank backed, and has a thick mount with a gold edge (see below). $575.

The Wesleyan cabinet is approx 5 1/4" x 7 1/4", also with gold edge. The photographer is printed on the back (see below). $625.

They are both in fabulous condition and are of very high quality.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C.

Bump

Old 02-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Administrator

$350 Shipped and Insured.

This ball originates from a former minor league player who must have been invited to spring training in 1937 as he never made it to the major leagues. Vern Voegler was the name of the player and he played in the Dodgers minor league system throughout the mid-1930s...I have other autographed balls of his that are not for sale, but do help with provenance on the ball...they are the Beatrice (NE) Blues and Clinton (IA) Owls - both Dodger affiliated teams.

The big signature on the ball is Heinie Manush...also signed by Cookie Lavagetto, Babe Phelps, Tom Winsett, Woody English, Watson Clark, Jim Bucher, Andy High (may have been a coach at the time since he was retired in 1934), Paul Chervinko (signed it twice), Tony Malinosky, Jake Daniel, Fred Frankhouse, Joe Stripp, Buddy Hassett, John Cooney, Roy Henshaw, and there are a few names on here that I can not decipher.

This ball is an official Ford Frick baseball and comes with the original Spalding box that it has been stored in for 70 years.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Old 02-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

1954 World Series, full ticket to Game 3 at Cleveland: It's not a PSA 10, but it is a full ticket, which don't come around all that often. One set of staple holes on each end of the ticket, plus there are a few creases. Minor paper loss on reverse doesn't affect any printing. I bought this fully intending to add it to my Indians collection, thinking that it was a Game 4 that I already had ... wrong! I don't need two full tickets to Game 3. -- $225 reduced to $190 delivered

Nine-inch dinner plate used at the Wigwam Club in Cleveland Stadium, circa late 1950s-early '60s: The Wigwam Club was where the press and members of the Indians front office ate before and after games. It wasn't open to the public. Dinnerware from the Wigwam was produced by Syracuse China and surfaces every so often. I decided to scan this rather than take a photo, and as you can see the plate doesn't quite fit on my scanner. There also was a shadow created; the plate is white and maroon in color. It is not darker in the center. Exhibits typical wear, displays very nicely. No chips or cracks. It's a nice piece. -- $175 reduced to $155 delivered.