NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: steve

EBAY ITEM 150308708382- CAN THE PROS LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS A LEGIT CARD OR ANOTHER FAKE INTO THE INDUSTRY. THANKS TO THE PROS

Old 11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Frank

I guess we will find out shortly as it didn't stay on long.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Dan Bretta

As if the original poster is concerned about fakes "INTO THE INDUSTRY".

Old 11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Anthony S.

*** smile ***

Good catch, Dan.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

and you wonder why this site gets a bad rep for its negativity

Old 11-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Steve

You're badly mistaken, Be grateful, these guys are being gentle on you considering your past.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Put a valid email address with your posts "Steve" or beat it out of here.

edited to add: this was aimed at the original poster not our resident firefighter.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

thanks for your help, greatly appreciated. again you wonder why this site gets a bad rep.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Dave F

Steve-

Do you need a reminder as to why? Seriously?

Old 11-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

This site only has a bad rep with rip off artists.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Jim VB

Dan,

We all know who Steve is, but in this case he is also the buyer of the card in question. "BoberinoXXX" is his newest ebay handle.

Here's hoping the card is a fake and the seller beats it out of town. happy.gif

Old 11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

love the gentleman here and for the record thats why there is paypal an ebay insurance, but i appreciate the kind words from an obvious great bunch of guys

Old 11-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

bottom line is if you want help, if not no need to put more negative postings on here which i see is quite common unfortunely

Old 11-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: hrbaker

A TOUCH OF GIZMO TOO!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Steve,

We're actually a great bunch of guys (both here and the non-sports board.) But we never seem to like it when somebody comes along, cheats a board member or two, then continues to try to use the board as both a reference tool and a marketplace.

If you want to be a part of the board, start by going back and making good to Mark Finn and anyone else you've cheated. (Of course, "cheating" means taking money and not delivering goods along with shill bidding.)

Also, stop switching your ebay name every time you change your boxers. That just leaves a bad image.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Richard L.

Well Steve, how do you explain this user ID of yours. Then you come here to ask for help. By the way, did you ever pay back Mark F. for the money you screwed him out of??

Photobucket

Old 11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: leon

The Mark Finn issue.....I sort of forgot about that one....Now I get it...or at least remember there was a big issue that never got resolved....

Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Who would buy such a card with no reverse picture?

Who would buy such a card not graded/authenticated?

The same seller also has a 53 Topps Mantle where he shows both sides
of the card.

He also states he is hard up for money and the old "it was my grandfather's"
BS to boot.

Mark Finn is one of the best non sports guys around.

Shame he was ripped off.

Steve

Old 11-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

i have not, nor will i ever pay back mark finn because instead of contacting myself he felt the needs to slander me as well as post personal info which i thought was against the forum but apparently the moderators choose when and when not to inforce their rules. As for me participation on this board i just completed a deal on the b/s/t forum where i bought and paid in full for a t205 speaker (which im still waiting for). its a shame there is so much negativity on these forums instead of any problems being solved by the parties at hand

Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: hrbaker

You don't have one of those funny photos that says "More SpellCheck" do you?

Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

sorry i didnt know grammar would be on the test sir

Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: David Goff

LOL...this is too funny! Over on the Non-sports side, Steve-O blamed everyone for his problems and lack of business ethics. He would always beat around the bush when someone asked him a question about his auctions and why he was ripping people off. Then all of a sudden, he posts on the bst and a couple of other threads like nothing happened. Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode "The Revenge".

For those of you who do not know about him, there is a huge thread over on the Non-sport side...check it out some time.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

dave, just wanted to let you know that im taken already. im only saying this since its obvious you have a hard on for me. get a life

Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Steve,

Your act is old. Your a low life. Nobody cares to help you. Everyone would just as soon laugh as you pickup crap on ebay that has question marks all over it. Mark Finn hasn't been your only problem on this board and you know it. You outright lied to me. Where is that Yum Yum you had already put in the mail Steve? Did it magically turn itself around and go back to you? Your a liar, a cheat and a jerk.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

dave what in the hell are you talking bout. i was the one that was scammed by marketkingman. then you decided to try to end my auction early thinking they were legit (as did i). within 12 hrs of sending me money to end the auction you bitched and moaned before even getting the cards. i did the right thing and talked to you on the phone and refunded your money. what the hell do you want. get a life

Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Again Steve, your a joke.

You did NOT get screwed by "marketkingman". I came across an auction that had ended a couple days earlier for "marketkingman" and YOU had the exact same scan. Funny if he "screwed" you how he grabbed your scans before you even put your auction up live.

As far as you did the right thing.....your a bull**** artist. Yes, you got on the phone after I tried emailing to no avail and then tried two numbers I found through ebay...you had not contacted me back. You only returned a phone call when I left a message saying my next call would be to your local police (who by the way, those guys just LOVE you). Then you go with the "I've already mailed the cards out, so I won't refund until you send them back to me." Hmmmm....I had a gut feeling I wasn't getting anything, but told you if they did show up I would refuse the package. So after going further with law enforcement and leaving you emails of exactly where I was at in that regard, magically you refunded my paypal money. Guess what Steve, that package of Yum Yum's you mailed me that you needed back before returning my money....never arrived. You are the worst of the worst and a low life scumbag.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

hey idiot, i did the same thing you tried to do to me the only difference is i dont know what is a real and what isnt. i had him end the auction early since i thought i was getting a steal. Just like you thought u were getting a steal with me. i never said i could guarentee their authenticty because like the first post i made here i have no idea how to tell a real from a fake. did i use his scans, yes because it was the same freaking card idiot.

as for your threats that had nothing to deal with it. i spoke to you on the phone because yes you called me, i said i could not talk at the moment and CALLED YOU BACK. or did you forget that. i refuned your money once i got back from my trip since i was away for the weekend if you remembered correctly.

you are scum, you are a lowlife and the fact you have the balls to say anything negative about me when im the one who was out money due to this scam artist is a joke. as for the local authorities loving me? maybe its cuz i play poker with them on the weekends and showed how i gave you the refund and think you are a old grumpy bastard. stop wasting my time and the rest of the people on this site

LEON DO YOU SEE WHY TRYING TO RESOLVE THINGS IS NO USE BECAUSE OF IDIOTS LIKE THIS

Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Do you think anyone ever called up the Lavelli residence and said, "Are Gluefingers available?" ?

Would a David Bowie fan who suffers from multiple personality disorder sing the song as "I can be heroes"?

Would the Communist version of the Guess Who's "Clap For the Wolfman" feautre the line "If you got the Marx, baby, I got the ENGELS!"?

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Steve-

Spin it any way you want to. I still have the emails between us. I have the records of when/who I talked to with your police dept, and I have the paypal dispute records as well. Your a phoney, nothing but. Let me try to make it clear this time so you can answer this question.....hey stupid, WHERE IS THE PACKAGE YOU SAID WAS ALREADY IN THE MAIL TO ME????? That package again, is the reason YOU said you wouldn't refund me..."because then you would have the money back and the Yum Yum's". Ha. I know your not a bright guy Steve, so read this again and concentrate on the areas in CAPS.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

I'm getting bitched at over on the NS side since I'm moderating poorly too. LONG history of crap with this guy. Appears he does do a 'good' deal from time to time but I guess he doesn't get what he wants on some auctions and frequently stuff gets 'lost in the mail' resulting in refunds sometimes and sometimes not. The Mark Finn problem could have been easily fixed but he continues to blame Mark's response to being screwed as being the problem instead of the screwing to begin with. Typical scammer. Thanks to all the board members who track this guy like a hawk. Yeah, this board has such a bad rep.......

Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

yes you do get ****ted on because you arent doing your job, how do you explain the allowance of private info being handed out to anyone. how do you explain slander allowed on your forums despite the clear explanation that it is not allowed. as for me doing a good deal from time to time, that must explain my over 600 feedback with over 2000 transactions and 100 % feedback in the past 12 months. as for mark finn as i stated if he had contacted me this would have been done with, instead he slanders me and post private info of me so this is a dead issue. keep up the great job of obvious prejudice of choosing when the rules apply and when they dont

Old 11-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: peter ullman

this is quite boring...and hackneyed...and I wish it would go away.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Golly Steve,

If you don't like the way kids play at this playground, why don't you pick up your marbles, wipe your nose, and go play somewhere else?

Old 11-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

you and me both, but apparently most of the people on this site are old grumpy fraternity folk who have nothing better to do. you guys got what you want, you ruined my rep, happy. just end it cuz its old and everyone knows what everyone thinks of one another. i will continue to post as some of the people on this site are gentleman and helpful. the rest go find something else to do with all your negative emotions. go get a hug or something. still waiting on the response of the initial post.

as for your yum yum card. im still waiting for either my money or my yum yum card back con artist

Old 11-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Tim Caravella

Sorry to intrude, but how about some of you knowledgeable people respond to my Joe D thread and actually help someone trying to get some info (why i came to this forum in the first place) instead of playing Cowboys and Indians.

I understand there are major issues with con artists and scammers, but I am a true fairly new vintage collector trying not to make stupid mistakes and learn from people who are experienced and helpful.

Cut the BS and knife throwing, all you are doing is throwing gas on the fire. It will never end that way.

Tim

PS... great Seinfeld clip!!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: dan mckee

So if I am reading this correctly, Mark Finn never tried to contact you (Steve the non-fireman) to resolve an issue and just went to the NS board with your personal info and to slander you? I am not sure that constitutes not correcting a problem but I am sure that that is out of character for Mark Finn who I know very well and live close by to. Can someone post a link to the Mark Finn incident or email me directly? thanks.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

actually dan, right after you made a post about how we have done several transaction without a problem he made a post on Sept 17th 2007 posting my address and phone number which i thought was against forum policy. Just a warning. i have sent a file and info to an abuse website which takes care of issues like this and im sure the moderators will be hearing from them shortly as they are actually breaking the law letting this slander and personal information out. whether or not this is against mark finns character i do not know since he has actually left me postiive feedback a number of times until this incident and actually put bids on my items last month (funny how that is).

Old 11-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: DR

''that must explain my over 600 feedback with over 2000 transactions and 100 % feedback in the past 12 months''

eBay ID: network****ty4

Jun-09-08 - NEGATIVE - Cards were damaged! Not as described! Beware OF THIS SELLER! Buyer: itllab191v

Jun-01-08 - NEGATIVE - Seller didn't receive payment in the first week, so he opened a dispute. Nice. Buyer: aaron1050

May-28-08 - NEGATIVE - Awful grading without apology/no refund without pos FB/excessive shipping charge. Buyer: garyspaper

May-20-08 - NEGATIVE - Had to file paypal complaint to get my item after I was told it was shipped. Buyer: r337man

May-19-08 - NEGATIVE - Absolutely terrible grading. Buyer: sult07

Jan-30-08 - NEGATIVE - Non-paying bidder.Didn't have the courtesy to respond or pay. Seller: 1extreme02

Nov-05-07 - NEGATIVE - NON Payer, No response on Ebay Dispute. Seller: summer1house

eBay ID: csorano

Oct-30-07 - NEGATIVE - AVOID AT ALL COSTS! OVERGRADES TO THE EXTREME FRAUD! FILED COMPLAINT WITH FBI. Buyers: albojobo

Oct-16-07 - NEGATIVE - Seller committed Internet FRAUD, tried to sell stolen goods, reported to police. Buyers: markfinn

eBay ID: gometsgomets / boberino99

Oct-28-08 - NEUTRAL - Poor communication. Took a month to ship. Buyer: zackanddraven

Sep-29-07 - NEGATIVE - LIAR THEIF ALL NEGS TRUE FILING COURT CLAIM OTHERS SHOULD NOTIFY POSTAL COPS. Buyer: dadsrock

Aug-17-07 - NEGATIVE - Accepted payment, demanded excessive insurance, no refund, no iyem BEWARE !!!!!!: markfinn

You get the point! Another 15 or 20 negatives could be listed too. Some of the most respected gentlemen in our hobby and board members have / had unresolved issues. Leon and Tom, your patience is impressive. The IP block feature could be among your best finds of the year!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

wow, Steve...Impressive!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

i can find the same amount under mark finns username- so what does that mean. also notice that half of those were from people from this forum in an attempt at sabotage. its sad you guys have nothing better to do that discriminate, and break the law. also so how do you explain a perfect history in the past 12 months for a perfect feedback which mark finn and many of the so called pros do not have

Old 11-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Leon...pls close this down. It's like looking at a solar eclipse...a trainwreck...I'm so bored at work I can't help but look!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Dan,

213 posts and counting on the Mark Finn issue. Bring some popcorn.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526604/thread/1187435714/last-1226146359/Bad+eBay+seller+-+dspbaba999-gometsgomets-boberino99

Old 11-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

some markfinn feedback for you

Buyer can't communicate well. Offered full refund, and is still not happy. Seller: auctionbayonline ( 7091

REFUSED TO PAY THEN HE LEAVES ME NEGATIVE FEEDBACK! TERRIBLE TRANSACTION! BEWARE Seller: csorano ( 26

cards send and have tracking number to prove it Seller: boberino99 ( 635)

Sellers BEWARE WOULD NOT PAY by Paypal, MO or Bank check then leaves NEG feed Seller: giles202 ( 4398

Payment Sentt in Cash. USA Dollars. Hard Cash. Thanks a Lot. Check my feed Back Buyer: brianbday ( 1304)

A real Jerk-Off and waste of time:no contact- no class; get you SH*T together Buyer: elleviv ( 222)

Customer didn't buy insurance packaged well on our end Seller: alacazander ( 4205)

Difficult to deal with. Would not recommend. honest-abe ( 8841)

Did not complete transaction on Auction #3112524 of 12/20/97. raytay ( 2645)

I guess every rose has its thorn

Old 11-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

And every cowboy sings a sad...sad song. I wouldn't deal with either of you.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

How many of the above user names are yours Steve?

Steve D

Old 11-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Anyway,

isn't the '51 Bowman Mantle RC one of those cards that eBay requires to be Professionally GRADED before it can be auctioned on eBay.. perhaps not.. maybe I am thinking of the '52 TOpps Mantle.

The way the scan is cropped would worry me as would the lack of a back scan..

mco

Old 11-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

only 1, for those of you who dont know, my usernames are

boberino99, network****ty4 (a clear joke since i knew you stalkers would pick up on it and i dont use the account as you can see) and prymtyme33333. get it, got it, good

Old 11-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

marty thank you for your gentleman respone, only took me 45 posts to get there, thanks

Old 11-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

Posted By: dan mckee

There is some seriously high feedback on many of those ID's. I doubt Steve or any of us could build up some of those numbers on so many different ID's. Dan.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Default LEGIT OR NOT

thank you dan. so either dont trust either me or mark finn or is it possible that doing thousands of transaction on ebay that you may have one disagreement from time to time.

what i dont understand is, if he was so unhappy why did he continue to bid on my items? if someone rapes you, you dont go back for a 2nd date?