NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2018, 08:03 AM

Default Ebay relisting suggestion for overpriced BIN cards

If I could change one thing of many things about ebay, I would make it a rule that if a seller relists a BIN card that it most be 10% lower in price and after a few re-listings the cards would finally sell and stop clogging up my searches!!

And yes, I know how to remove certain dealers from searches, but that list is getting pretty big and frankly a pain.

Just venting!
Old 11-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Then they just list it as new.

eBay needs to charge 10 cents per listing.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:05 AM

I'm amazed at some of the listings that keep getting renewed for a year or more without at least accepting offers. Why not try to make a sale even if you get a little less than your BIN price?

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 11-03-2018, 09:16 AM

I did not realize you could relist as new for just 10 cents, so they can keep relisting for a year and it only costs them 1.20 and at that rate their sunk cost will never match the appreciation of the cards, so I get it now. Back to my clogged searches.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Manny
Banned

They're waiting for Jeff Bezos to start collecting pre-war cards.

eBay big buck$. LOL
Old 11-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcjoe View Post
I did not realize you could relist as new for just 10 cents, so they can keep relisting for a year and it only costs them 1.20 and at that rate their sunk cost will never match the appreciation of the cards, so I get it now. Back to my clogged searches.
No, they can list as new for free. I’m saying that if we go back to the old ways and charge every listing 10cents then there would be less BINs that last for years.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Christopher Williams

I love autographs and love old cardboard.

And I love this topic also.

And I also love BIN.

I have purchased autographs for as low as 30% of the BIN now price and frequently win auctions at 50% of the BIN price. It works for me as a buyer and collector.

I don't sell to make money. I sell to purchase other items I want.

But as a seller, my Jeter items might be overpriced at this time, and with Jeter's stuff being depressed right now, I keep those "overpriced" items listed as a reminder, so when the time arrives and his stuff skyrockets, buyers/collectors will remember my items.

I will admit, I get a lot of Ebay emails asking me "when are you going to lower your prices?" I reply "I'm not." I will sell at the price I want.

The "population" on EBay has changed dramatically and you have to adapt to it.

I understand people getting emotional about it, and no one gets more emotional about the forgeries on Ebay than I do, but you have to take a step back and adapt to the "population," but that doesn't mean you have to give in to it, unless, of course, you need the money.

One of the great things about Ebay, is that if you have to sell something at a lower price because of need, you can always buy a similar item again in the future.

A long time ago, I was in tough situation and was forced to sell almost everything, but you know what; I have been able to re-purchase 90% of my stuff.

I apologize for the long rant.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
No, they can list as new for free. I’m saying that if we go back to the old ways and charge every listing 10cents then there would be less BINs that last for years.
No, we don't need to go back to more fees from feebay. Keep BIN's as they are and reduce auctions somehow. All BIN's all the time!
Old 11-03-2018, 12:32 PM

Default Ebay relisting suggestion for overpriced BIN cards

Totally disagree. A lot of cheapskates on feebay and you have to wait them out with BIN's. Make cheapskates wait till they have no choice but to pay closer to true value for a card if they want it with a BIN. Feebay Auctions for sellers for the most part suck period. Many card values are hurt by the big volume sellers on feebay. To get true value, you have to wait out the cheapskates to get your price. I learned this from my Penn Economics professor..."If you are an eager seller, you are going to lose." People sell for 3 reasons and they are the three D's: DEATH, DIVORCE & DEBT. Love 707 Sportscards. Levi knows what the hell he is doing. He waits to get his price, smart man.

Last edited by cgreat14; 11-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreat14 View Post
Totally disagree. A lot of cheapskates on feebay and you have to wait them out with BIN's. Make cheapskates wait till they have no choice but to pay closer to true value for a card if they want it with a BIN. Feebay Auctions for sellers for the most part suck period. Many card values are hurt by the big volume sellers on feebay. To get true value, you have to wait out the cheapskates to get your price. I learned this from my Penn Economics professor..."If you are an eager seller, you are going to lose." People sell for 3 reasons and they are the three D's: DEATH, DIVORCE & DEBT. Love 707 Sportscards. Levi knows what the hell he is doing. He waits to get his price, smart man.
If you can wait 10 to 20 years on the market to catch up with your prices. To me a better economic model would be to take a smaller mark up and turn your money over many time per year. That model seems to be working for Wal-Mart and Amazon.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:16 PM

Totally disagree. We're not Wal-Mart or Amazon. And you don't have to wait 10 or 20 years. It's better than getting an average of 45% of true value. With BIN's and Best offer you get close to 80% - 100% of true value. After feebay & pigpal fees, you need to have BIN's & two more reasons why seller feebay auctions suck. Make the cheapskates wait and pay more is my motto.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Larry More.y

In my case, I find using both models (price low, turn quick/price higher/sell slower) in conjunction with one another works best.

What I mean by this is when I am listing a card that their is a vast supply of already on ebay, I price slightly below the "market price" in order to turn the card over quickly. When I buy, I buy with the intent of selling these types of card at a low margin, but with a quick turn. I am will to accept lower margin on these cards with the intent of selling quickly.

When I list a card where there is a low supply on ebay, I price these cards slightly higher than what the market will normally bring with the intent of maximizing my profit. While these cards don't turn as quick, they do eventually sell (6-8 months) and I am able to recognize some additional profit.

While the majority (80%/20%) of the cards I list are quick turn/low margin, I still manage to turn my inventory 4.5 times a year and realize a profit that meets my needs.

So, depending on the existing availability of the card I am listing, I use one of these two models. IMO, both models are effective depending on the situation.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 11-03-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgreat14 View Post
Totally disagree. We're not Wal-Mart or Amazon. And you don't have to wait 10 or 20 years. It's better than getting an average of 45% of true value. With BIN's and Best offer you get close to 80% - 100% of true value. After feebay & pigpal fees, you need to have BIN's & two more reasons why seller feebay auctions suck. Make the cheapskates wait and pay more is my motto.
If your prices are terrible I won't even attempt to view the rest of your inventory. More reasonable pricing will lead to multiple cards purchased in one sale and better turn over. The over VCP method might work on single card sales but you're ignoring add-ons. It's a missed opportunity IMO
Old 11-03-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
If your prices are terrible I won't even attempt to view the rest of your inventory. More reasonable pricing will lead to multiple cards purchased in one sale and better turn over. The over VCP method might work on single card sales but you're ignoring add-ons. It's a missed opportunity IMO

Nah.... don't agree. You are not my kind of customer so I don't care about any missed opportunity. My buyers want quality and are willing to pay for it not at feebay auction bargain prices. My BIN prices are reasonable and the cheapskates don't even want that. They want top quality for cheap and that's what crappy feebay auctions gives them sometimes. It ticks off sellers because the sellers got themselves in a situation where they have to sell and this is what the cheapskates wait for... so I am making them wait longer...look at 707 sportscards on feebay... not ONE auction. Levi Bleem knows what he is doing.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:47 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

There are several sellers that I will never buy from, Levi being one of them. The ridiculous prices are so distasteful that I refuse to consider them as sellers. I'm obviously not the only one like this either.

I'm not saying sellers need to take a crazy hit on their sales, but lowering the prices a bit to gain more buyers would result in more sales and more profits. The waiting for "cheapskates" to pony up for a high price approach is ok if you're not into making sales and money. Real smart though apparently.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here

Last edited by CobbSpikedMe; 11-03-2018 at 03:57 PM.