NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Default OT- Some ?'s for the weekend.

Posted By: jP

Lately ive been thinking about this baseball collecting and thought to myself how good this hobby makes me feel. so here are some ?'s for all you board members.c'mon and let us know.

1. Last baseball book, magazine,guide,etc. you read or are currently reading ?

2. Last baseball related movie you saw ?

***********Quick Movie Poll********************
Which you dig most?

Cobb or The Babe

The Natural or Field of Dreams

3. When you are about to leave this earth forever (hopefully not soon for anyone)and you could take just 1 complete set with you,which would it be and why ?

4. If you had to pick 1 word that best describes how collecting BB cards makes you feel. What would that word be and why ?

thanks for participating. hope the weekend is a good collecting one.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Donaldson

1. 1978 Sport Magazine I won on eBay for 99 cents. Had a nice article on Yaz.

2. A League of Their Own. Just saw it a few months ago with my daughter aged 4. We both liked it.

Cobb or The Babe - The Babe, even as a small boy I loved reading about him.

The Natural. Just the photography was beautiful

3. 33 Goudey of course. Just a beautiful set.

4. Happy. Although I must say at a few (very few) times when dealing with people (at shows. No one on this board!) who seem to be in it for the money and are rude I've felt not so happy.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

1. Last baseball book, magazine,guide,etc. you read or are currently reading ?
I have very very little time to read a book about baseball, Usually it is a list of excerpts which I have gleaned from a variety of on line sources which contain data or other information which I can relate to my collection, or reference books, which I employ weekly or more frequently.
2. Last baseball related movie you saw ?
It wasn’t a movie as much as a compilation of Brooklyn Dodger highlights leading up to the Bums in ’55.

***********Quick Movie Poll********************
Which you dig most?

Cobb or The Babe
I dig Cobb the most. But the Babe is baseball.

The Natural or Field of Dreams
Field, it was real.

3. When you are about to leave this earth forever (hopefully not soon for anyone)and you could take just 1 complete set with you,which would it be and why ?
My set of brass knuckles, it ain’t over yet.
4. If you had to pick 1 word that best describes how collecting BB cards makes you feel. What would that word be and why ? fulfilled. it is my painting and every card is another brushstroke.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike campbell

baseball magazine - December 1929. Love the article on page 303. Interview with Foxx

I hate sports movies. I avoid them. Corny and always over the top. The last film I saw was a few weeks ago, and it was a film put out by the American League in 1939, and it showed many of the hall of famers of the time. It was made to celebrate the supposed first 100 years of baseball. (yeah right)
It has a great conversation between Griffith and Mack. very funny. Very canned and prepared before hand. They were reading a script held off camera. The national league also made a film that year. For the same reason.

Babe - Still the KING

Neither - hate sports movies, (eight men out was OK)

George C. Miller - I love the Art Deco look.

"Satisfied" - I don't hunt, but I suppose it could be compared to a hunter getting a big buck. Or a fisherman hauling in a prized catch.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

1. Currently reading "A Game of Inches" - the first one about innovations. Great book, but it's taking me a long time to plow through. Other than that, latest Old Cardboard.

2. Don't remember, but probably "Major League". Hee. I could watch that one a lot and never get tired of it.

3. Babe - the player. If you're talking about movies then I don't know as I've never seen either movie.

4. Field of Dreams, but I really didn't like either. "Major League" is really more my taste in movies. lol. Sad to say.

5. N162. Great color and images and lots of different sports represented that even today are no longer around or big. So in 10,000 years some student archaeologist could dig me up and find those cards, and probably learn a lot about late 19th century competition in America.

6. "relaxed". It's fun - but also great stress management.

Joann