NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Default When a 1914 Cracker Jack is a 1915 CJ

Have sent three separate emails to Probstein about this auction (first one sent on Tuesday morning) with no response. Unless this is a 1/1 1914 CJ with the text upside down on the reverse, its a 1915 that has been mislabeled by SGC. This has been pointed out in all three messages I've sent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Cracker...item566a73df68
Old 10-03-2014, 05:13 PM
edward broeth

This same thing happened to me a while back I did not realize until I tried to resell it a few years after I bought it, I was not happy

looking for 1952 topps high series commons
Old 10-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Gobucsmagic74

I can appreciate an honest mistake if he's just going off the incorrect slab, but he's selling 2014's and 2015's for ease of reference and I've pointed the mistake out several times now. Just seems like he's opting not to correct it at this point, which is the opposite of an honest mistake.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
I can appreciate an honest mistake if he's just going off the incorrect slab, but he's selling 2014's and 2015's for ease of reference and I've pointed the mistake out several times now. Just seems like he's opting not to correct it at this point, which is the opposite of an honest mistake.
Rumor has it he is away for a Jewish holiday, could just be an honest mistake as he is not answering emails and observing the holiday?
Old 10-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
Rumor has it he is away for a Jewish holiday, could just be an honest mistake as he is not answering emails and observing the holiday?
The listing now says he is unavailable until the 4th, so that could be. Hopefully that's the case.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
The listing now says he is unavailable until the 4th, so that could be. Hopefully that's the case.
It's probably a holidays thing.... It needs a correct flip.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It's probably a holidays thing.... It needs a correct flip.
Yeah, the holiday thing is no excuse. I've sent the guy four "heads up" messages and he knows it's a 1915. I will be winning the auction and working it out. Don't bother me none.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 10-05-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Gobucsmagic74

I just bid 1 billion dollars...
Old 10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
I just bid 1 billion dollars...
Yikes, be careful Dan, you just set yourself up for the $999,999,999 shill.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Lol Ian! Just received the one and only response from Probstein, "I already instructed soembody to win and give it back to sgc to reholder...please don;t bid". Guess this proves he orchestrates bidding, just in case anyone needed proof.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Lol Ian! Just received the one and only response from Probstein, "I already instructed soembody to win and give it back to sgc to reholder...please don;t bid". Guess this proves he orchestrates bidding, just in case anyone needed proof.
He can't change the title once there are bids. What else do you want him to do? It seems to me he is doing the responsible thing, so just in case there is someone on earth who doesn't know the difference he doesn't get stuck.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
He can't change the title once there are bids. What else do you want him to do? It seems to me he is doing the responsible thing, so just in case there is someone on earth who doesn't know the difference he doesn't get stuck.
Canceling the listing and getting the damn thing right seems like a solid option, especially since I brought it up to him on Tuesday and three times since then, but yeah letting it play out totally mis-listed seems like a normal course of action. I took care of it, no need to fret
Old 10-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Canceling the listing and getting the damn thing right seems like a solid option, especially since I brought it up to him on Tuesday and three times since then, but yeah letting it play out totally mis-listed seems like a normal course of action. I took care of it, no need to fret
You are the one fretting here Dan. Something tells me the final bid is going to be very high.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
You are the one fretting here Dan. Something tells me the final bid is going to be very high.
I couldn't care less what it ends for Peter and it really makes no difference, but again, thanks for chiming in.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The final price reflected the true year, it seems, and now there is a message that says the seller gets back today. I don't remember seeing that a few days ago but maybe I missed it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Cracker...item566a73df68