NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Default Koos shows his true colors

Posted By: jay behrens 

Nice to see Koos out there bidding on cards he has no interest in but knows other people on this board need to complete sets.

Jay

Old 08-30-2002, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

True colors? I don't think he is worthy of the adjective "colorful" or any variation there of. I have to wonder what the motivation is? This kind of activity is nothing short of antagonistic, lowdown, dirty rotten and the work of a scoundrel just trying to piss people off. It will insure his spot in....

I'm beginning to agree with Julie and Diane Feinstein.

Old 08-30-2002, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Speaking of, I have a Brittany Spear "swatch" card from the National (Free of course!). I thought a "swatch" was something you wore on your arm, but apparently it means "game-worn" clothing. From the photo on the card, it appears to have come from the "navel area". I might have a dna-test run for belly button lint residue.

Why did they give out stuff like this at a Sports convention? Is Brittany considered a "sport"?

I have been dying to talk about this card for weeks now, so I have to thank Jay for creating a worthless thread that I could add it to without guilt.

--------------------------------------------

Old 08-30-2002, 09:21 AM
Administrator

I think PSA/DNA should be able to solve your problem.

Jay

Old 08-30-2002, 09:47 AM
Administrator

...here's the one I have: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=898438501

Old 08-30-2002, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...look again. I just checked out that link, and there's a little "something-somthing" you should be aware of...

The serial numbers for these cards begin with the letters BS...

I think that could stand for something more than just her name initials... LMAO...

Old 08-30-2002, 11:34 AM
Administrator

and is almost a direct tie-in to the vintage cards, is that this is a mirror (copy of the idea) of the game-worn jersey cards that are coming out. I have a Matty game worn jersey card that I've sent off to Grade Tech for a holder.

It's the first time I've seen this sort of issue, and now the Spears thing makes me think this idea will carry over to many other pursuits.

Are there other vintage players where the game-worn jersey cards were issued? I only have time in my day to search thru the Christy stuff, so I'm just curious. I assume there must be. HOF only, possibly?

-dan

Old 08-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brueso

for minor leaguers thru HOFers. There are jersey cards out there with portions of a Johnny Evers jersey, Ruth, Dimaggio, Gehrig, Mantle, etc. (The Britney card might have been from the American Pie series, which have "swatch" cards of shirts, etc from people like Elvis Presley, Humphery Bogart, etc.)

Whoever came up with the idea of making jersey and bat cards gave the card industry a big shot in the arm. Then there are of course the "cut signature" cards which usually have the signature from a cancelled check or something similar attached to a card and include Hall of Famer autographs as far back as Anson, Matty, Wagner, Walter Johnson, etc.

One of the more attractive of the jersey cards has 3 swatches on it- one of each of Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Honus Wagner. Those cards regularly e-bay in the neighborhood of $700.

Old 08-30-2002, 12:08 PM
Administrator

The next thing you know, they are gonna cut a t206 Wagner into tiny pieces and put them in insert cards. Boy oh boy. can't wait to my little piece of Wagner.

sarcasm mode off

Jay

Old 08-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Administrator

...way too many for me. Elliot - you're not writing a newsletter, presumably just removing obscenities and personal insults to other board members, so editing is just NOT THAT CRITICAL. Let us talk!

Old 08-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Administrator

...way too many for me. Elliot - you're not writing a newsletter, presumably just removing obscenities and personal insults to other board members, so editing is just NOT THAT CRITICAL. Let us talk!

Old 08-30-2002, 12:12 PM
Administrator

What's worse, not only will the card's corners have to be graded, the cut piece of insert's corners will have to be graded, too. And, it's edges.

Holey moley!

Old 08-30-2002, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Koos

..over HERE!!!! Does anyone remember the top thread in this post of endless digression? My bidding on and WINNING Mad Bear and Gerrrrr-onimoooooooooooooooooooo!!
I NEED those two cards to get started on my set!!! Always liked those particular two crazy red devils! Always will! I can relate to them. BCD and I were BOTH raised by a very War-like tribe (our motto was, "I'd rather fight than bitch" AND YES, we'd paint those smiley little faces on the backsides of our fallen enemies so the FRIENDLY spirits could find them.

Old 08-30-2002, 05:41 PM
Administrator

...precisely to give you hell about this, so go blow off some steam. Jay is of course also invited. But no talking about "you know what".

http://www.network54.com/Forum/216056