NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Pup6913

Default OT KC to get the 2012 All-Star game

Just heard on the news this morning about KC getting the 2012 All-Star game. It is a ways out in time but if there are any of you coming to KC for this I would love to be as helpful as possible in finding hotels, food, entertainment, etc, ect.

If interested please send me an email or PM. The best area to stay is about 10 min North on 435 by Worlds of fun. The Hotels are cheap and new and the area is nicer than around the stadium. I would suggest not staying off Hwy 70 and Noland road (this is just my opinion about the area since I stayed there when I moved to KC for a week)
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

That's great. Kansas City used to be a great baseball city and maybe it will be again if they ever get a major league team back.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
That's great. Kansas City used to be a great baseball city and maybe it will be again if they ever get a major league team back.
I agree Good thing I am a Cardinals fan
Old 06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Troey

I'll probably be making the short trip from STL to be there, don't know for sure yet though. I don't think I'll miss it being this close, even though it was just here in St. Louis last year.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Gad, what's next, Wichita? No offense but KC for the AS Game is the equivalent of Cleveland for the National.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-16-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
John Hanssen

Default beaufitul park

Ive watch many, many games at that park and I will enjoy taking the famliy to the AS game. Its a no brainer.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Gad, what's next, Wichita? No offense but KC for the AS Game is the equivalent of Cleveland for the National.
I've never been to Cleveland, but I've been to KC a lot and there's a lot to do there...The Negro League Hall of Fame, World's of Fun/Oceans of Fun...they have a great zoo, the World War I Museum, a NASCAR track, NFL and Major League baseball. I suppose for someone from LA it's rather boring, but for us hicks in flyover country KC is Metropolis.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

KC is BBQ heaven from what I hear.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Craig Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Gad, what's next, Wichita?
And what's you're problem with Wichita? We have, well, umm, The Wichita Wingnuts AA team that is in last place and play in the bea-u-ti-ful Lawrence-Dumont Stadium which opened in the 1930's and has a seating capacity of 6,000!

But seriously, I grew up in KC during the Royals glory years of George Brett et. al. and the stadium really is great for watching a game.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I've never been to Cleveland, but I've been to KC a lot and there's a lot to do there...The Negro League Hall of Fame, World's of Fun/Oceans of Fun...they have a great zoo, the World War I Museum, a NASCAR track, NFL and Major League baseball. I suppose for someone from LA it's rather boring, but for us hicks in flyover country KC is Metropolis.
And a big theater that they call a burleque.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Borders View Post
And what's you're problem with Wichita? We have, well, umm, The Wichita Wingnuts AA team that is in last place and play in the bea-u-ti-ful Lawrence-Dumont Stadium which opened in the 1930's and has a seating capacity of 6,000!

But seriously, I grew up in KC during the Royals glory years of George Brett et. al. and the stadium really is great for watching a game.
People never believe it when I tell them my favorite city from when I played in the minors was Wichita. Not even close. Great fans.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
People never believe it when I tell them my favorite city from when I played in the minors was Wichita. Not even close. Great fans.
Wichita has a very long and storied baseball history. They were the mecca for the great semi-pro teams of the early to mid 1900s.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Wichita has a very long and storied baseball history. They were the mecca for the great semi-pro teams of the early to mid 1900s.
You think it may be because of all the corn fed country boys I do know most farming communities always have great baseball teams. i know we did in high school and still do.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Pup6913

Here is a link to the announcement from Selig. The introductor for Selig is funny. Especially when he all out said that KC has always had a Crappy team. LOL Except for 1985 and 73'.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bud-...,7306831.story