NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Mark Fox

Default Storing flats of various sizes together - Suggestions/Ideas?

As my collection expands, I'm starting to rethink and debate the best way to store my flats. I have an array of different media types and anticipate acquiring additional types as I progress that do/would include GPCs, index cards, checks, small photos, large photos, contracts, documents and album pages just to name a few off the top of my head.

The two solutions that come to mind obviously is a D-ring binder with varying page types for the various items or the other option is a high quality archive document box with the items in individual sleeves/protectors stored in the box.

Anyone have any other ideas, suggestions, thoughts?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Steve Birmingham

One of the things I do with stuff of varying sizes that I want to look at and keep together and in order is using either a standard binder, or a 12x12 scrapbook binder. Most art and scrapbook stores sell acid free pages for the 12x12, and Ultra pro of course makes regular size one pocket pages.

I mount the items to acid free cardstock with acid free photo corners, and put it in the page protectors.

It works well, especially using a cardstock that is colored to be mildly contrasting. Like using a light tan color for white envelopes.

That way I can also store a variety of sizes and shapes in a consistent page size.

On 8 1/2 x 11 pages I can also print a writeup directly on the page before I mount the item.

Of course a serious archivist would go with mylar pockets in an archival box.

Either way is fine for the shorter term, and for most items.

If the bulk of it is more expensive, I might go with the mylar and boxes.

Steve B