NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-22-2017, 05:39 PM
Terry
Ter.ence Le.wis

BGS is doing raw card review. Both SGC and PSA where there. I had 30 autos to drop off with PSA but the line was extremely long.

Good mix but certainly more vintage. Was quite surprised to see so much modern basketball/ hockey cards!

Picked up 7 206's from three sellers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-22-2017, 08:20 PM

Was there for a few hours this afternoon. PSA line was sick. Really good crowd to open the weekend.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Seth

I miss this show since I moved away from Philly! Fun times, hope people find great things there!
Old 09-23-2017, 12:48 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Nice uptick in vintage I think. I wasn't there for cards but there seemed to be more vintage than prior shows. A really nice mix. All of the important alphabet soup we're there.

I picked up a pair of mint vintage AAGPBL pins for a fair price.

Tom C
Old 09-23-2017, 02:12 PM

Probably the last Philly show for me today, or the entire hobby's prices are going up.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:28 PM
Scott Russell

have had a good show so far, and nice to see familiar faces as well as meet some members I haven't had a chance to previously. Dan McKee, I am flying solo so it's hard to get away from my booth, I'd love to say hi if you can get over to booth 710 some time.

Everyone should ask Val Kehl about his awesome door prize!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 09-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Steve

I made a quick trip to the show today, and it was great to see so much foot traffic! As I understand it, some dealers were doing better than others, but overall is was nice to see some dealers that hadn't been in attendance recently. Noticeable improvements.

Even though I didn't buy any vintage, I look forward to returning. (I did buy a few boxes of early 90's wax at less than $10/box... Opening cheap packs is fun entertainment while watching my fantasy football team tank tomorrow.)

I had a great time talking to Val, Dan McKee, Ted Z, and his lovely wife.

If you're thinking about going tomorrow, check it out -- it's worth supporting the show now so that it continues to improve. Perhaps it'll get even stronger going forward.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 09-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Val Kehl

The good news - first time in my 30 years of attending card shows that I ever won a door prize! The bad news - the prize was a signed, glossy photo of some Phila. Eagles lineman lineman I never heard of and that I was told played in the 1980's - of absolutely no interest to me - gave it to the young fellow at the show entrance who was collecting the admission tickets and stamping hands for return entry.

Another cheap thrill was watching Dan Mckee's table for him while he went to take a whiz. What a thrill it would have been to sell his Baltimore News card or his Washington Times card or any of his other truly rare cards while he was away! No such thrill, but I almost sold a WaJo strip card!

Scott, your post served to remind me that I promised to come back after I visited Dan's table and tell you where Dan's table was located. Sorry, but my Alzheimer's-like memory failed me again! Glad you are having a good show.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:04 PM

First philly show for me, and I hope it was the first of many. I loved all the vintage. Great show
Old 09-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Scott Russell

As a dealer it was a super solid show for me, and that's with my weakest inventory in a LONG time, can't wait until I can bring some good stuff again! Thanks to all the great customers and of course to Joe Drelich!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 09-24-2017, 08:25 PM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Thoroughly enjoyed the show. Made a few pick-ups that I am very pleased with (photos in "September Pickups" thread), and really enjoyed talking with fellow pre-war enthusiasts. Overall, I thought that the selection of quality pre-war cards was good. Found John Montefusco and Bobby Shantz cards at Uncle Dick's and grabbed the free autographs for my kids (Montefusco on Friday and Shantz on Sunday). Both were friendly and talkative, and happy to accommodate inscription requests and pose for photos. Not really my thing, but there seemed to be a very good selection of raw and graded 50's and 60's stuff as well as modern. Looking forward to Chantilly.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1975 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the show. Made a few pick-ups that I am very pleased with (photos in "September Pickups" thread), and really enjoyed talking with fellow pre-war enthusiasts. Overall, I thought that the selection of quality pre-war cards was good. Found John Montefusco and Bobby Shantz cards at Uncle Dick's and grabbed the free autographs for my kids (Montefusco on Friday and Shantz on Sunday). Both were friendly and talkative, and happy to accommodate inscription requests and pose for photos. Not really my thing, but there seemed to be a very good selection of raw and graded 50's and 60's stuff as well as modern. Looking forward to Chantilly.
Really wanted to go but a family medical situation intervened. Bummed. Like that show.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:32 AM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Really wanted to go but a family medical situation intervened. Bummed. Like that show.
Nothing serious, I hope. Family first, then cards! Chantilly is only a few weeks away...
Old 09-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1975 View Post
Nothing serious, I hope. Family first, then cards! Chantilly is only a few weeks away...
Thanks. Serious but now under control. For now.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:53 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

I hope to be at next years show..i assuming a lot of 80s-early 90s Eagles pictures etc. Some of the best defenses in NFL
Old 09-27-2017, 06:46 AM
Joe Drelich

Default Mike Mamula !

I just wanted to say thank you to the Net54 family of dealers and collectors ! The Philly show greatly appreciates your support. I'm proud to say we had many people use the 1/2 off Friday discount. We will continue to offer specials for the Net54 community at our future events. Our next show is December 1st-3rd.

A special congrats goes out to Val for winning his first door prize, a Mike Mamula signed 8 x 10 ! I believe his quote was " This and 2 bucks might get me a cup of coffee". What can I say Val, maybe next time it will be a T206 Ty Cobb...

The crowds were strong on Friday and Saturday, Sunday the foot traffic was a little lighter, however that was to be expected as The Eagles had there home opener at 1pm against the Giants.

I'm excited for the future of the show and for our hobby.

Hope to see you all in December. Feel free to email me with any questions about the show.

www.phillyshow.com

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 09-27-2017, 06:50 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Thanks Joe for keeping it going. Fun way to spend an afternoon. I will make the next one if I have to walk from New Jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Vintage View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to the Net54 family of dealers and collectors ! The Philly show greatly appreciates your support. I'm proud to say we had many people use the 1/2 off Friday discount. We will continue to offer specials for the Net54 community at our future events. Our next show is December 1st-3rd.

A special congrats goes out to Val for winning his first door prize, a Mike Mamula signed 8 x 10 ! I believe his quote was " This and 2 bucks might get me a cup of coffee". What can I say Val, maybe next time it will be a T206 Ty Cobb...

The crowds were strong on Friday and Saturday, Sunday the foot traffic was a little lighter, however that was to be expected as The Eagles had there home opener at 1pm against the Giants.

I'm excited for the future of the show and for our hobby.

Hope to see you all in December. Feel free to email me with any questions about the show.

www.phillyshow.com
Old 09-27-2017, 10:17 AM
Val Kehl

Hey Joe, thanks (I think) for the "special congrats." Not only was my door prize worthless (to me, anyway), but I had to pay the full admission price because I attended on Saturday! Now then, if you will include a T206 WaJo (even in poor condition) as one of the door prizes, I'll come to every Philly Show (I come only once every year or two), despite Philly being a long-ass drive from Manassas, VA, and back, especially as I am too cheap to spend for a hotel.

All teasing aside, I and many other collectors are most appreciative of your efforts to greatly improve and build up both the Philly Show and the Chantilly Show (which I have attended every time since its inception - I always attend on Friday, because it used to be FREE admission), and I wish you great success.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.