NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Default Question re: eBay, etc.

Posted By: Bob S

Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum (I've posted a couple of times), and I wanted to ask if members were allowed to post their eBay username. Also, is it OK to ask another member for their eBay username?
Sorry, if these are dumb questions.

Thanks,
Bob

PS: I almost forgot a related question. Are members allowed to buy/sell directly from/to other forum members? It would help save the ebay fees.

LOL-I just thought of another question...What is the "Include Signature" as related to the posting options below the text box.

Thanks, again, everyone.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

The is a thread with the people willing to give there ebay names, use the seearch mode.

There is a buy/Sell trade link at the top. Navigate the front page a bit you will get most of your answers.

Lee

Old 11-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

The top of the main page 'Vintage Links' lists the eBay names for many board folk-- though my listed user name has changed.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Thanks, Lee and David.

I should have been able to figure this all out but as I near 60, I can feel my intellectual skills diminishing. (Ah, and to think, at one time, many years ago, I taught Philosophy at a major University.) Maybe that's the problem. LOL

Time waits for no man nor beast, though the distinction between those two may be very minimal.

BTW, if anyone can help with the "signature" part of my original question, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks, again.

Bob

Old 11-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

A signature is a universal term for a permanent stamp found at the end of various forms of digital communiqué. For example, everything from "Regards" on down for me is a signature. It automatically posts to the bottom of every post i make. You can do anything with your signature from simple text to hyperlinks or whatever. If this is foreign to you, drop me an email [use my sig ] and i'll help you out with yours. Welcome aboard.

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me

Old 11-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Glenn

Bob,

I don't have one, but I believe the "signature" refers to a section of text that is automatically attached to the end of anything you post. That could be just your name, and would save you the (admittedly minimal) trouble of having to type it each time you post, or it could include a favorite quote, amusing aphorism, whatever.

Glenn

Old 11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Thanks, Blacksox, and Glenn.

Bob

Old 11-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

Hi Bob

Your questions have been answered but wanted to say welcome to a fellow
philosopher. I've taught at universities for nearly 25 years and am
as enthusiastic about t206's as i used to be about Heidegger.
You'll find a number of 'graying'50ish comrades on here---myself,tbob,sloate--
i'd best not name any more .

again, welcome

Barry

Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

50s? Comrads? Where's McCarthy, the board is being overrun with commie pinkos? :-p

Jay

If you can sue a band for making you want to commit suicide, can I sue Barry Manilow for turning me into a wuss in the 70s?

Old 11-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

I collect, therefore I am.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome, Barry, and thanks for the 's Jay and Todd. This is a really great forum.

Bob S

Old 11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator

That Anonymous should have been vintage466wxyz, of course. I feel like that great philosopher, Homer Simpson.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Duh, the Anonymous should actually have been BOB S. Ineed a nap. Must be the Lyme didease. LOL

Bob

Old 11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren J. Duet

Hello Bob,

I'm sorry to hear your intellect is diminishing. I recommend an ounce of Black Cherry Juice concentrate daily to reduce your decline--it has high levels of acanthocyanins(antioxidants) and phytonutrients that rid your brain of "rust".
A handful of unsalted almonds daily will also benefit your brain power by providing synaptic support via omega fatty acids.

I'm not selling anything other than good health.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Amazingly, I do take black cherry concentrate caps, as well as blueberry concentrae caps daily. My problem is that my Lyme was not diagnosed until it had reached 2nd or 3rd stage. I remain hopeful, however.

Thanks.

Bob S

Old 11-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren J. Duet

Bob,

Given that a clear delineation between stage 2 and stage 3 disease was not made, I would advise doxycycline 100mg 3x daily for a month--if had not been done. Alternative antibiotics include rocephin 2g IV daily x 28 days if you had a positive lumbar puncture and amoxil 500mg 4x daily x 30-60 days.