NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Bill Boyd

Default The second kreindler event, gentlemen, question area

Hi All,

Just want to let everyone know that we will be doing another Kreindler “Event” with a start date will be Sunday, October 19th at 8PM EST. There is going to be one major change, and that is the size of the winning painting. We learned a lot from the last event, and the main item we learned about was how limited you will be with a 16 x 20 inch painting. I know many expressed a larger painting, so they can get that action photo they would love to have done, well we agree.
This second event, the painting offered will increase in size to 20 x 28 inches. That is 560 square inches compared to 320 square inches that the 16 x 20 gave us.
With the increased size comes increase price of entry. Sorry to do that, but to be able to win and have your action photo turned into a beautiful color painting, or to have a photo of Ruth and Gehrig in same painting, or players of your choice, I think it is a great opportunity.
This would give the winner a much wider choice of subject of their choosing. But it does not cover all photos. 20 x 28 is still too small for that team painting or panoramic shots. Graig may have some other stipulations to add as well.
We will be offering 250 entries at $30 apiece. Total value for Graig's artwork, $7500. What a chance, and if you still want to go larger, if you win, just add to that amount to increase the size. Not many offers like this, and just for $30 apiece, and because we have a list of entries of 001 thru 000 (1000), that means each entry will get 4 seperate numbers (entries).
I will post the rules below, and also at time of "the event".
The last winning number was the second one sold. You never know.
Let me add; same format as the last "event", all monies goes to Graig to pay for the consignment fees.

Let me hear your opinions on this, if the cost is too high, we can always go back to the original 16 x 20.
So now, let me show you some samples Craig said can fit into a 20 x 28.

Bill Boyd

Attachment 163566

Attachment 163567
[ATTACH]Attachment 163591[/ATTACH]

Attachment 163570

Last edited by billyb; 05-28-2015 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Bill Boyd

OFFICIAL RULES TO WIN A 20 x 28 INCH GRAIG KREINDLER PAINTING
of YOUR choice

1. Sale of entries will begin on Sunday, Oct 19, 2014 @ 8PM (EST). Entries can be reserved on the Kreindler Event thread starting at that time. (The new thread will pop in at 8PM and entry purchases start at that time)

2. Cost is $30 per entry, limited to 3 per person for the first 72 hours. After 72 hours, if available entries remain, the cap will be lifted allowing those who had maxed out to purchase additional entries.

3. "Buddy System" - This can be used to assist members who cannot place their request for entries due to personal issues occurring at the start time. One member can purchase entries for another member, but the total number of entries between the two members still cannot exceed 3 until cap is lifted. (No presale of entries)

4. At 250 entries, sales will stop.

5. We cannot list any specific company to use for payments, but if you choose to use everyone's favorite online method of payment, please use F&F or a method that pays any additional fees on your end, not out of the $30 on the receiver's end. Graig's email address is gkreindler@gmail.com
For payment by mail, please send me or Graig or Lance an email message or PM, and we will give you the mailing address to forward your payments.

Because all money is going to Graig Kreindler to pay for his consignment fee, please list your payment for "ART WORK, or ART CONSIGNMENT FEES, BASEBALL ART", as certain companies frown on words like; "raffle," "contest," "chances," "tickets" or any other gaming terminology. Also, when making payments, be sure to add your Net54 handle somewhere on payment, or just PM me and let me know you did pay and by what method.

6. Your entry numbers will be given out in order requests are received. Each member will receive 4 numbers from between 1 to 000 (1000). Each number will be spaced by 250. Example: #1 will also get 251, 501 and 751.

7. If your payment not received by one week after the last entry is sold, your entry will be forfeit and resold. If payment is mailed late, notify me with PM.

9. Once all payments are received, an upcoming sporting event game will be selected, along with a secondary game in case of a rainout.

10. The winning number will be the last three digits of the attendance of the selected game, as given on the New York Times web site, box score. The attendance on the New York Times website is the ONLY FIGURE WE WILL USE, even if a different attendance number may be given on the radio, television or elsewhere. A back-up game will also be chosen, in case the first one is cancelled.

11. Winner is responsible for all shipping fees, which includes shipping box, postage, and insurance (reccomended). Shipping fees may cost around $250.

12. THE WINNING NUMBER WILL BE POSTED ON THE EVENT PAGE.

STIPULATIONS: Graig Kreindler does reserve the right of final word as to the content and subject matter of the painting requested. Also, Graig wanted to let everyone know that 20 x 28 inch paintings still have some limitations. Panoramic or team photos will not fit into a 20 X 28 inch painting.

IN THIS AREA I WILL POST UPDATES WHILE WE ARE AWAITING ALL ENTRY FEES TO BE PAID. THEN I WILL POST THE DATE AND TEAMS OF THE SPORTING EVENT THAT WAS PICKED FOR DETERMINING THE WINNING NUMBER. AND FINALLY, I WILL POST THE WINNING NUMBER AND FINAL WINNER.

Good luck to all!
Bill Boyd
wboyd4422@gmail.com

Last edited by billyb; 10-07-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:32 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I'll take 3 please.
#4, #3, and #41

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 10-07-2014, 02:33 PM

Default Painting

Put me down for three please
Old 10-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Bill Boyd

Mark and Bob,
Hold on guys, this is just the information about the event. Obviously you are in favor of the upgraded size and cost. That was my main concern. We start this on the 19th.
I want everyone to get a chance to view the information so as no one gets left out, that is why the delay between showing the information and the actual start.
but I am glad you are excited about it.

Thanx
Bill

Last edited by billyb; 10-09-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:42 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Way to read the rules, guys!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:57 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Listen. I'm a math and science guy. That whole reading comprehension thing. Eh!

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 10-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Brock

I'd be fine with the $30.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Bill Boyd

Good to know Brock, thanx

I would not ask for a response if we could have kept it the same cost, but with the increase in size and value, it is good to hear everyone's responses.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:52 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

I think $30 is good for those guys who want the bigger piece. $20 is the most I'd probably spend and I'm okay with the 16x20. I don't know if I'm alone on that..but maybe we can alternate the raffle with sizes/ entry cost?! First one was $20,this would be $30, next would be $20? Just a thought.

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 10-07-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Bill Boyd

Gary,
I know exactly where your coming from. I hated to have to increase the entry fees. But when you really look at it. At 560 square inches compared to 320 square inches, that is darn near double the size at just a 50% increase.
It is just a great deal.

Bill
Old 10-07-2014, 04:53 PM

Sounds good to me. Love some of those photo examples!

Greg
Old 10-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

I'm in for $30.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Steven Finley

I was away from the boards during the last raffle, I would definitely be in a $30. Quick question. Does he specifically only do baseball or would he be open to doing other sports.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Bill Boyd

SB,
At the last raffle, Graig mentioned he would do whatever sport the winner wanted, as long as he could fit the photo chosen within the 20 X 28 inch painting.
But I would ask Graig that question for sure, and show him the photo either here on the thread, or email him and ask about the photo you may have in mind.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Graig Kreindler

Steven,

I would definitely do a different sport other than baseball, if you desire. If you ever want to drop me a line and chat about what you have in mind, feel free to do so.

Graig
Old 10-07-2014, 08:06 PM
R.J. Hinners

Bill,

Sunday is the 19th. Are we shooting for Sunday night (presumed) or Monday night?

R.J.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Bill Boyd

I was shooting for Sunday, crap, did I goof, let me check

Bill

RJ,
Thank you for catching my mistake.
Bill

Last edited by billyb; 10-09-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Da BiGGar, Da BeTTar!!!

I will roll pennies, collect cans & bottles ...
Jus ta WiN One of Graig's "Matty's"!!!

I'm Already back ta thinkiN' Bout which One I WanT!
And I'm Gonna WiN This TiMe!

Positive ThinkiN' has Always Come Cheap fir me...
(Back ta RolliN' da Coppar's)
Old 10-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Bill Boyd

LOL.....Denny, I think you need a little more positive attitude.....LOL

And it is a good idea for everyone to have a photo or image ready in case you win. If you have a question whether your choice would fit into the 20 x 28 painting, post your photo here and ask Graig ahead of time, just in case it will not work, so as to give yourself time to select an image that will work.
The sooner your choice is made, the sooner that painting adorns your man cave wall.

Last edited by billyb; 10-09-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Jim Murphy

does the painting have to be one from a photo?

If I won, I would like to get a painting somewhat like the old Brown and Bigalow calendars where I could have my son and Babe Ruth together but in the style of Greg
Old 10-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Bill Boyd

Murphusa,
I love the idea of Babe and your son together. This question is one only Graig could answer. I am sure he will answer your question when he reads your post.

Bill
Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Tom Boblitt

I can lose just as easy at $30 as $20. I'll be in for a few.
Thanks for organizing this again................
Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Bill Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
I can lose just as easy at $30 as $20. I'll be in for a few.
Thanks for organizing this again................
Tom,
You need to talk to Irishdenny about attitude. Think positive.

Bill
Old 10-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Graig Kreindler

Jim,

It would really depend on the image you're looking to have created in the end. To be honest, many years ago I had done some paintings of ballplayers with family members that I just really couldn't get into, and in my opinion, the quality suffered because of that. So, it would all have to depend on what you have in mind. If it's something that's more on the subtle side, I feel like I'd be more likely to say 'yes' to it.

Graig
Old 10-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Bill Boyd

Getting closer to the start date, I am searching for possible photos that I would consider in I got lucky enough to win. Kaline was my boyhood hero. So naturally I am going to look at photos of him. I did not like the Yanks, but you couldn't help but admire the talent and history in that organization. So I have two potential selections on the more modern era. I have not settled on any dead ball era yet, but here are two post war photos I like.
P.S. Graig, if I win and pick Kaline, sorry for the fence in the photo.
BY THE WAY, I know what Mickey is thinking in the photo.....................what photo should I use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kaline.jpg (25.7 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by billyb; 05-28-2015 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Since we're dreaming. I would love to see what Graig could turn this into. Pee Wee Reese in World Series action.
Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (42.6 KB, 176 views)
Old 10-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Bill Boyd

Attachment 163962

Another great mind stumped, "should I use ty or Babe, ....Jackson is a possibility, how about Walter Johnson, Ryan, Mick or Williams..????????

BUT DON'T TAKE TOO LONG TO MAKE YOUR DECISION.........................

Attachment 163963

Old 10-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Bill Boyd

Here are a few later photos I am considering if my dream were to come true.
Being from Detroit, Cobb and Hank are high on my list.

Attachment 164287

Attachment 164288

Attachment 164289

Cobb and Speaker.jpg

Old 10-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
does the painting have to be one from a photo?
Haha. Perhaps re-paint one of those recent Perez things?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Mich.ael We.ntz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Jim,

It would really depend on the image you're looking to have created in the end. To be honest, many years ago I had done some paintings of ballplayers with family members that I just really couldn't get into, and in my opinion, the quality suffered because of that. So, it would all have to depend on what you have in mind. If it's something that's more on the subtle side, I feel like I'd be more likely to say 'yes' to it.

Graig
Graig,

Would you be willing to do non-sport images?
Old 10-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Graig Kreindler

Michael,

For the most part, I'd only do sports images. There have been a few requests here and there for some people who have had some involvement with the baseball in some capacity but weren't players, and those I'm alright with doing. But yeah other than that, the goal is to keep it being a sports thing (no matter the game).

Graig
Old 10-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Bill Boyd

I wanted to let everyone know that we were discussing the 3rd event already, and it will be down the road a piece. Probably about a year from now. Graig is backed up somewhat, it also gives everyone a chance to get a breather from these first two events.
I wanted to post this information now, so some members do not miss this event and have a long wait until the next one.
Good luck to you all

Bill
Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default If you are merely assessing interest

in participation at a higher price-point - I'm as willing as I was the last time to take the allowed allotment of chances. Only possible glitch on my end might be the timing of the occasional bouts of CRS that might preclude my timely participation in such an event. I wish I could set a snipe.............
Old 10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Bill Boyd

I'll remind you, if I remember.

Bill
Old 10-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Bill Boyd

Hi All,

Today is the day, first step to owning one of Graig's paintings, which you will make the decision of subject and photo to be used in your creation.

For anyone new to the process, at 8PM, a new site will be started by me stating; "Second Kreindler Event", enter here.

Let us know how many entries you want, up to three. On Wednesday, at 8PM, if not sold out, the cap of three, will be lifted, and anyone can request any amount of entries they want.

At some time, go over the rules, and please read about the payment method, before making your payment. Also, make sure I have listed your Net54 handle on the entry list, and have given you the correct amount of entries that you requested.

For the first few hours, if you have any questions, please post them on this site, as traffic may be heavy on the actual Event site, for the first couple of hours. I, or Graig or Lance, will be checking for questions. I will check about every half our or so, as I will be busy with in incoming entries, so it may take a short time before I can answer any question.

Good Luck to all,

Bill Boyd
wboyd4422@gmail.com