NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Default Unique CHICAGO CUBS 1954 team signed sheet Early Banks sig

The item I have for sale for many years the center piece of my collection. I have now decided to downsize and allow another Cub fan to own an item that is, without a doubt one of a kind and so unique that no other Cub's fan will own it.

What I have is a Chicago Cubs team signed sheet on yellow paper that features many of the Cub's players who were invited to Spring Training in 1954 which includes Rookie Ernie Banks. This sheet was used to signify that each player received his per diem each week during spring training and the player had to sign this paper to confirm receipt of this money. This sheet contains 45 authentic signatures including Hall of Famer Ralph Kiner, Broadcasting legend Joe Garagiola and a VERY EARLY signature of Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks (signed Ernest Banks). These autographs are written in either ball point pen or the old fashioned nib pen method.

I have impeccable provenance for this item as I worked for the Chicago Cubs for seven years and I pulled this out of the files of the team's former Traveling Secretary, Bob Lewis as the files were being thrown out back in 1985. I know the signatures are real as they were taken directly from the tossed out files of the team's traveling secretary from 1954. Looking back, I should have grabbed all those files from the dumpster but I just didn't have enough time. I can only imagine what I threw out back then. As I mentioned I personally took this out of the discarded files of Traveling Secretary Bob Lewis and will include a letter on Cubs stationary describing how I obtained this item. I would also include a copy of the page in the Cubs media guide in which it shows me as a member of the team's office staff to prove provenance. And to sweeten the pot a bit more I will also throw into the deal a 1954 Cubs yearbook that features great pictures of the team and a program from a testimonial dinner given for the Cubs traveling secretary Bob Lewis that will tie all these items together. Remember, this is Ernie Banks' rookie season and a very early autograph.

Please know, this paper does not have any rips or tears in it and has been stored flat in a acid free magazine board/bag for most of the time I have owned it.

I have had two esteemed autograph experts from the Net54 boards look at this item, not to authenticate the signatures as there is no doubt they are real but to offer an opinion on the value of this piece. They have also confirmed that the value of this item is in the area of 200.00. For the Signature sheet, 1954 Cubs yearbook, a letter from me stating where this item originated and Bob Lewis testimonial dinner program that will go with this item I am asking 185.00 or best offer. If you have interest please let me know your thoughts.

Remember, no other Cubs fan will own an item like this. This will make an excellent Christmas or holiday gift.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:57 AM
bi11h00d

PM sent.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Doug Goodman

Very cool item
Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Thanks Doug. It is a very cool item and one I have had for 25+ years but as I mentioned it is time for someone else to enjoy it.

Item on hold pending sale!!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:14 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Sold

Thank you so much Prof Plum!!