NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-09-2014, 07:22 AM
Jesse

Default Peek into your collection/thoughts of 2015

Hey guys so I was just looking at what I have completed this year in my collection and I have to say I am very happy with what I have done to date. Completed half of my 1934 Goudey set and learned a lot about some future things I plan to get involved in.

Anyway, I wanted to post this topic up about 2015. This year is coming to an end shortly and as some of us, we start to look to what next year will bring. My question to everyone is what are your plans for your collection as of now for 2015? Second question, what do people see for 2015 hot or not? What I mean is what sets or players will be hot or cold. Who will be the 1914 Cracker Jack of 2015.

I myself next year hope to compete my 34 Goudey set. Although it is getting very tough to because the bigger names are next on my list. Anyway, I plan on starting to pick up some of the T213 coupons. I have been reading and learning a lot about this set. Although it will be tough to find I do like the challenge.

As for what I think for next years hot or cold. As alway Ruth and mantle will continue to be hot. Don't really ever think they will stop. I hope to see some of the lesser name tobacco sets start to get the recognition they deserve. But besides that I have got no idea what will happen. Let's hear what you have to say.

Jesse
Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Default I will continue

buying mixed lots on eBay to fuel my personal collection of T51 Murad College Series, which I hope to complete in Master form. I have submitted an article to PSA's mag to try and inform more collectors about this great set, which could be a "next big thing"; it contains baseball, basketball, football, golf, tennis, and hockey cards from a 1910 release, and many people collect items from their own college, presuming they're advertised properly.

I will also continue to look for low-grade Kimball's Champions to make a set on PSA as well. I have 2/3rds of a Hardie Henderson card, so that's my oldest baseball card in my collection (1887).

I will also look to increase my personal collection of Georgia Tech cards/autographs, attempting to build the top private collection of GT items, spanning sports and non-sports legends.

What's hot in 2015? Hmmm, Mecca double and triple folders. I think they're really neat, and are still reasonable for new collectors to latch onto.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:56 AM
D@v!d R. Fuhrm@n

Location: Denmark (don't worry, I have a USA mailing address!)

After collecting exclusively t206 for the past few years, I am going to take a break in 2015 and target other selected prewar and 1950s cards. Monster beware, I shall return...
T206 back run: 21/38

Last edited by BicycleSpokes; 11-09-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Jesse

Wow leaving the t205 next year well taking a break. I can understand seeing the same type of card for two years nice to change things up. Best of luck next year

Last edited by kamikidEFFL; 11-09-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Mike Mattsey

I'm planning to finish my T201 set. I've got 10 cards to go, and Cicotte is the only real non-common I need, so that should be doable with a little patience.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Tony Ooten

For me, a lot can change in 7 weeks, but as of now I think my 2015 will look like this:

1. pick up a few of the big cards from my '48 thru '79 topps/bowman/leaf regular issue hof sub-set - I should have all of the easy ones by 2015.

2. continue to tweak my monster. Less common backs, Back stamps, unique marks, etc.

3. pick up a few more cards from my favorite sets in my pre-war type card set. I suspect some of the 30's sets will get my attention. Butter Cream, DeLong, tattoo orbit, Gge C Miller.

4. continue a modern card autograph set chase I've been working on a couple of years now.

5. may even break out my box of 80's cards to see what's in there

Tony

Last edited by tonyo; 11-09-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Brad Francis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post

2. continue to tweak my monster....

Tony
Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist. Tony, that is a bit too much personal info. Go ahead and "tweak" what you want, but keep it to yourself.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
For me, a lot can change in 7 weeks, but as of now I think my 2015 will look like this:

1. pick up a few of the big cards from my '48 thru '79 topps/bowman/leaf regular issue hof sub-set - I should have all of the easy ones by 2015.

2. continue to tweak my monster. Less common backs, Back stamps, unique marks, etc.

3. pick up a few more cards from my favorite sets in my pre-war type card set. I suspect some of the 30's sets will get my attention. Butter Cream, DeLong, tattoo orbit, Gge C Miller.

4. continue a modern card autograph set chase I've been working on a couple of years now.

5. may even break out my box of 80's cards to see what's in there

Tony
1. crossed 44 cards off my list. down to 8 needed. I decided to not chase the remaining 48 leafs, so my sub-set starts at 49 bowman now !
2. tweaked my monster 42 times
3. Picked up a tattoo orbit Dizzy Dean and a Gge C Miller Goose Goslin
4. added 51 auto'ed cards to this set
5. decided to extend my HOF base card run thru the 90's . Topps, Donruss, Fleer, UD in the 80's, Topps and several of my favorite sets from the 90's
It only took me 2 or three months to complete this and add several hundred cards, but it was a lot of fun filling all those holes from the 80's and 90's

In addition to my listed goals I also have picked up 7 t207s and 5 e-cards for two subsets I'm working on in those sets. Also picked up 5 Barry Larkins for my Larkin collection.

Last but not least I recently noticed a hole in my football rookie cards from my formative years, so I picked up a 76 Payton to fill it!

All in all it's been a fun year of collecting !
Old 07-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Mike Mattsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsey9 View Post
I'm planning to finish my T201 set. I've got 10 cards to go, and Cicotte is the only real non-common I need, so that should be doable with a little patience.
Looks like I had just enough patience as I completed the set earlier this year. My pre-war focus has shifted to the 1934 Goudey set. I've now put together 28 of the 96 cards with The Meal Ticket being the newest card.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:12 PM
J.O.N

Vintage pirate pennants
HOFer cards
And continue with my 1909 Pirates.

Good stuff guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

2015 is the year I will add a Babe Ruth to my collection. Shooting for the 1933 Goudey with yellow bkgd. Anything beyond that is a distant second, though I am holding out hope I may find the June 18, 1959, Jet magazine with Henry Aaron cover.

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 11-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Matt

I hope to finish my T206 Non-Hat Portrait set in 2015. I am only 17 away but all are either SL or HOF.

Matt

Successful transactions with: Wildfireschulte, bengineno9, Davids resale shop, dougcats, wcsportscards, Bryan Long, Moonlight Graham, sycks22, Set Builder, itjclarke, mybuddyinc x 2, Double-P-Enterprises, Michael McGuffin, sebie43, T2069bk, JollyRoger, LukeLyon x 2, drjdog5150, Beatles Guy, GehrigFan, piecesofthegame, AddieJoss, Marty, HOF Yankees, FrankWakefield, Tim Fritz, vcuono, T206blogcom, btcarfagno x 3, Bleedinblue, Tolstoi, brewing
Old 11-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Justin

Default 2015 goals

Not too specific, but I plan to work on displaying my stuff. It's time to get things out of boxes and on the walls. Then get my type card wantlist in order and keep my eyes open. Hopefully hit up a few more shows (Chicago National, maybe an east coast show or two).
Old 11-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikidEFFL View Post
My question to everyone is what are your plans for your collection as of now for 2015? Second question, what do people see for 2015 hot or not?
Normally I have no plans, but I do for 2015. I didn't offer up many of my cabinet photos for sale this year, but plan to cull out my favorites and then put the rest up for sale. I might also keep some prints, but my collecting focus will be on 19th century mounted photos and tintypes.

What will be hot? That's easy - Old Judges and other mounted albumen tobacco sets. I say this because I might start collecting them again, so their prices will certainly shoot up during the period I am purchasing. I can also predict when the bottom will drop out.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Jason Wells

I hope to finish off at least one other T210 Series and keep working on the others. Also to maybe complete my T209-2 Richmond team set. I dont think I can duplicate 2014's success but it will be fun trying!

Last edited by Jason; 11-11-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:40 PM

Took a fair amount of time off from collecting in 2014. Had to re-evaluate my focus, as I had far too many changes. I decided to go back to the Red Borders, as that set has always intrigued me. In 2015, I'm looking to slowly add to my current (small) crop of T210's, along with picking up a few favorite type cards along the way.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Jesse

Some really nice stuff people will be collecting next year. I can't wait.