NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Default Can you say "shill" ??

Posted By: Dan Mathewson 

Check out good ole " psa-card " on eBay. Up to the old BS again...

Here's one auction worth laughing at...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850050366

The typical mint or near-mint PRO-Graded Trimmed card up for auction, with the PSA-Graded commons card "thrown in" to lend credibility to the otherwise worthless card auction.

Almost EVERY one of his auctions is like this right now. Check it out...do an eBay search under "seller" and look for psa-card. THE PRO Graded vintaqge card, with a PSA card from the 1980's or 90's. What a hoot.

ALSO: look at the high-bidder in all of his big dollar auctions. It's "mood-queen". A zero-feedback bidder. Wow! What a shock.

Can you say SHILL?

What a joke. How sad for the people who end up buying worthless cardboard for several hundreds of dollars...

Old 08-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

The funnier thing is that these two bafoons pride themselves in being PSA-certified dealers**

and they pride themselves in sellinga 52 altered Mantle and E-90-Jackson to your good buddy Koos. They laugh about these things when confronted!

Old 08-18-2002, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Moreland

"mood_queen" has zero fb, but they have bid on a lot of stuff being offered by a lot of dealers.

What evidence do you have that this person is not exactly what they appear to be -- a newbie buyer?

bruce

Old 08-18-2002, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Koos

..try! Here goes. Stand back and give me some delt room!...SSsssssss..Ssshhhhhhhhheel (damn!)...S S S S- Shhhhhhhh (choke, sputter). Water! I need Water!..hold on...(Gulp, Gulp, Gulp) Ahhhh..better! .......LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, LLLLLl (hack)..SSSSSSSSSSS s s s s HHH illllll-llll, SHHHHHHH-ILLLLLL...Harumph! (clearing throat one last time, and tightening the lifting belt in preparation for a Herculean effort).. S-S-SHILLLLL..... (%@*&!!!, while smacking myself in the face)...... SHILL!! THERE, I said it!! (Flailing arms upward as if trying to throw a piano and hit the moon at each attempt at the word!) SHILL!!!! SHILL!!!!!

Old 08-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

"Hey, Joe, cam you spell "cat"?
"Can you spell s**t?"

Old 08-18-2002, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Now every time i see a PRO holder, the card in it looks short.

Old 08-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

I run. I agree 100% with Brian, those guys are con-artists with their trimmed cards and phoney baloney ad copy.
When I see the guys bidding on the Matty like "pimp-jesus" (how in God's name did this name make it past ebay????) and "i-buy-watches",I shake my head...

Old 08-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Koos

..hang of it!! (with far less of a grimace on my face from less strenuous effort)...S-S-S-shhhhhillll (whew!) S-S-Shilllllllaaaa, Shiiiillll! (Taking a deep breath with all the loose papers in the room now hurtling towards my mouth)..SHILL! SHILL! SHILL!. I've got it!!!! SHILL! SHILL! (this is EASY!)