NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Mark

Default I got blocked for NOT leaving feedback

I was planning on using today's eBay coupon to buy a pricey item from someone I had bought from before. But when I clicked to BIN I was infomed that the seller had blocked me.

I contacted him to find out why and he replied that he blocked everyone who bought from him and didn't promptly post feedback.

I usually do all my feedback once a month or so and all at one time. Oddly enough I had just caught up on all my feedback two days ago.

He told me he was willing to unblock me but I had already moved on and used my coupon elsewhere.

Seems odd to prevent someone from spending money with you because they don't say anything about you.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:44 AM
Fred

Sounds like he doesn't want the business... what a knuckle head....
Old 06-06-2018, 11:45 AM

What a d-nozzle. I guess he doesn't need business.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2018, 11:57 AM
James
James Kin.chen

If I blocked everyone that didn't leave feedback I would block half of the buyers and sellers that I have dealt with.
James
Old 06-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
If I blocked everyone that didn't leave feedback I would block half of the buyers and sellers that I have dealt with.
James

Yeah, I'd be reverse shilling my own stuff LOL!

What a dumb policy to have.

Is this a very active seller? Seems counter-productive.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:41 PM
An$on

At this rate, I'm surprised he/she even has customers left. When I used to sell on eBay, I probably got feedback about 30% of the time from buyers.

I didn't have exactly that same experience but did notice that an item I was watching specifically stated in the description that you shouldn't bid on his/her items if you were not planning to leave feedback. First time I'd seen that.
T207 (200/200)
E90-1 (118/121)
E90-3 (20/20)
E91A/B/C (85/99)
E93 (17/30)
E95 (12/25)
C59-61 (149/248)
N28/N29 (83/100)
W545 (158/200)
1901-02 Ogden Tabs (1,327/1,560)
1933-41 Goudey (265/478)
1934-36 Diamond Stars (53/108)
1939-41 Play Ball (368/473)

Complete: E47, E49, E50, E75, E76, E229, K4, N88, N91, R136, T29, T30, T38, T51, T53, T68, T73, T77, T118, T218, T220, T225, W512, W513, W542, W552, W565

Founder:
www.prewarcards.com
Old 06-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Robert Williams

What an asinine reason to block someone. Bid retraction? I get it. Star dinging? I get that too. (at least back when that was relevant). Not leaving feedback?? Like someone else said, I would have to block most everyone who has bought from me in the past.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

The same holds true the other way. There are quite a few sellers that have not leave me feedback. Would that be a reason to give them a negative?

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 06-06-2018, 01:33 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Yeah, this seems pretty stupid. I just looked at my last 48 items sold and I received feedback from 24 of them. I just cannot see blocking 50% of the people that buy from me, makes no sense.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-06-2018, 01:38 PM

There are some who make everything about their own ego and adulation.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Bob Davies

Hard to believe. As mostly a buyer, I will consistently leave feedback for a seller, but I find it's not always reciprocated.

However, it wouldn't stop me from buying from them again if everything else was top notch. Seems like a bizarre business practice where you would limit your customer base because of that. Sounds a little narcissistic and insecure.

If I were a restaurant owner, would I still take reservations from a former patron, even if they didn't leave me a positive review on FB, Yelp, or Google.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:43 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
The same holds true the other way. There are quite a few sellers that have not leave me feedback. Would that be a reason to give them a negative?

I try and remember to leave a simple feedback response to everybody who pays, but there is absolutely no reason to leave a negative for no feedback left.........especially since feedback means absolutely zero for buyers anymore.

Ebay won't even let you block a buyer who has zero feedback, but they will let you block a buyer who has -1 feedback, which is theoretically impossible unless said buyer started off as a very small seller first. Not sure why that's even an option in today's landscape. It's irrelevant.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
As a seller, I have my feedback automated to leave it once the buyer leaves feedback. The reason I do not leave feedback upon payment any longer is I have multiple regular customers who have requested me NOT to leave them feedback. I asked a couple of them why.... simple, they do not want others (wife, fellow collector, etc) reviewing their buying feedback and seeing who they are buying cards from.

IMO, there are more buyers who do not care if they receive feedback or not than there are buyers who have to get their feedback fix off of each purchase.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Wow, he must really have some time on his hands, that's a manual entry of the username for each block
Old 06-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Well I hope you learned your lesson ! How dare you be so lackadaisy on your feed back? You should be ashamed of your action and just close your eBay account.

( just kidding )

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 06-06-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:18 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:

I have left feedback for every single one of my transactions, both buying and selling, normally the same day I receive the item, or when I would receive payment. That is an 88.5% feedback rate. So, about 11.5% of the sellers I've bought from, have neglected to leave feedback.

I just checked my feedback history, and found that I have left feedback for 7,593 transactions, while I have received feedback on only 6,720 transactions.

Less than 100 of these transactions are me as the seller, as I haven't sold anything on ebay in over a decade, and then, very rarely.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 06-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Bill Tozer

Default I got blocked for NOT leaving feedback

Wonder if you still would have been blocked if you had given him negative feedback...
Old 06-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Scott Russell

normally you can't even see the items of someone who has blocked you. Not sure how you came across his listings.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Peirce Conboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
normally you can't even see the items of someone who has blocked you. Not sure how you came across his listings.
I sometimes ebay at work during lunch while not logged into my account. Pretty sure a seller can't block a non-logged in user.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Scott Russell

good point
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 06-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I get messages from people I have blocked all the time...............usually to ask me why they are blocked.............except for the last guy who just jumped straight into calling me a "Piece of Sh*t" when his bid didn't go through for him.

So if Ebay is claiming your listings are invisible to blocked bidders, that's just one more thing they're not very good at.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Scott Russell

I think the OP has it right. If you are not logged in obviously they can't block you.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
As a seller, I have my feedback automated to leave it once the buyer leaves feedback. The reason I do not leave feedback upon payment any longer is I have multiple regular customers who have requested me NOT to leave them feedback. I asked a couple of them why.... simple, they do not want others (wife, fellow collector, etc) reviewing their buying feedback and seeing who they are buying cards from.

IMO, there are more buyers who do not care if they receive feedback or not than there are buyers who have to get their feedback fix off of each purchase.

This is also in response to Dave's comments. I don't sell on ebay anymore, but when I did I always left feedback when someone paid and they then left me feedback. I would include in my listing that once the buyer left feedback I would know that they received the item and were happy with it.

Even though it does not mean much to most sellers, I look at it as common courtesy. As a buyer, I will always leave you feedback on an item. I have never left a negative and maybe 1 or 2 neutrals in 18 years. If I do that you should at least extend the same courtesy to me.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 06-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Doug Goodman

I seldom leave feedback. It's a hassle.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:32 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

I got blocked by one eBay seller for asking a simple question about a magazine they had listed.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
I seldom leave feedback. It's a hassle.
I rarely leave it either. Not a hassle but I really do not see the point of it. How many people call and tell Walmart that there purchase was A OK or better yet expect Walmart to thank them for the purchase.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
This is also in response to Dave's comments. I don't sell on ebay anymore, but when I did I always left feedback when someone paid and they then left me feedback. I would include in my listing that once the buyer left feedback I would know that they received the item and were happy with it.
This makes no sense to me. I leave feedback for everyone who buys from me. I appreciate their business and I say so in my feedback. Telling your buyers that you will only leave feedback after they do is poor customer service in my opinion. Are you trying to sell cards or get the highest feedback score possible? I could care less if they leave me feedback, I still appreciate them buying from me. I would rather have the sale than the feedback.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:39 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
This makes no sense to me. I leave feedback for everyone who buys from me. I appreciate their business and I say so in my feedback. Telling your buyers that you will only leave feedback after they do is poor customer service in my opinion. Are you trying to sell cards or get the highest feedback score possible? I could care less if they leave me feedback, I still appreciate them buying from me. I would rather have the sale than the feedback.
It makes immense sense to me. It accomplished two goals. I know they received the item and if positive, that they were happy with the transaction. I don't care about the feedback, but it served a good purpose when there was less focus on every item having delivery confirmation.

If you 'could care less' that means you care. If you couldn't care less that means you do not care at all.

Old 06-08-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
It makes immense sense to me. It accomplished two goals. I know they received the item and if positive, that they were happy with the transaction. I don't care about the feedback, but it served a good purpose when there was less focus on every item having delivery confirmation.

If you 'could care less' that means you care. If you couldn't care less that means you do not care at all.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v...you_might.html

I certainly could care less than you about buyer's feedback, since I don't put preconditions on giving it.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I rarely leave it either. Not a hassle but I really do not see the point of it. How many people call and tell Walmart that there purchase was A OK or better yet expect Walmart to thank them for the purchase.
But here's the thing I have a low feedback # compared to my peers; I am not sure if it matters or not to buyers. I do provide 5* service that's all I care about.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino

Yeah, I've had guys pester me for feedback recently. Like seriously!? You have 3,297 positive feedback and you're losing sleep over me leaving you feedback??
Old 06-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default feedback

I don't buy a lot on Ebay, but when I do, I never leave feedback. I also never leave feedback on Yelp when I buy the Taco Supreme combo at Taco Bell. OR when I buy gas. Why the feedback hang up? Who cares?
Old 06-09-2018, 01:17 AM
Bob Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
I got blocked by one eBay seller for asking a simple question about a magazine they had listed.
That's what happened to me as well. Was trying to purchase an Orioles yearbook. Guy said I had reneged on a previous purchase. It was weird as I had never dealt with him before. I found the yearbook at a better price soon after. This thread jogged my memories of it all so I just checked. He still has that exact yearbook listed. I hope he takes it to his grave with him.

I try to leave feedback once I receive an item but I sometimes fall behind or forget altogether. And there should be an option to have your feedback cover multiple items in the same transaction. When I buy 10, 20 or more cards from the same seller I am not going to jump through all those hoops for each one. But then I have to wade through them all time and again to get to other items as they arrive.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post

I try to leave feedback once I receive an item but I sometimes fall behind or forget altogether. And there should be an option to have your feedback cover multiple items in the same transaction. When I buy 10, 20 or more cards from the same seller I am not going to jump through all those hoops for each one. But then I have to wade through them all time and again to get to other items as they arrive.

Yup. That's why I give buyers a lot of slack when it comes to leaving feedback. As a seller I can leave 200 feedback for buyers at a time in three clicks of a button.

As a buyer it's much more of a hassle. You have to go through each one individually, DSR scores, comments, you can't skip to the next page without losing information on your current page.

I can see how it could be a pain for somebody who wins a lot of individual lots on a regular basis on Ebay.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Rob Ruddy

Default What's so hard about leaving feedback?

First off, my rant is about people that don't leave feedback at all. I hate it when people don't leave feedback. The feedback system is important to both seller and buyer. Especially to the seller. As a buyer, I always leave feedback once I receive the item. Not to do so, IMHO, is rude and inconsiderate.

p.s. I would not, however, block a person for not leaving feedback.

Last edited by auggiedoggy; 06-11-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This-

IF ebay would make it easier/faster for buyers to leave feedback more would do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Yup. That's why I give buyers a lot of slack when it comes to leaving feedback. As a seller I can leave 200 feedback for buyers at a time in three clicks of a button.

As a buyer it's much more of a hassle. You have to go through each one individually, DSR scores, comments, you can't skip to the next page without losing information on your current page.

I can see how it could be a pain for somebody who wins a lot of individual lots on a regular basis on Ebay.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Steve Birmingham

Or, if Ebay made the feedback system the useful tool it was rather than an almost obligatory pat on the back for completing a simple transaction.

If Target wanted an attaboy every time I shopped there, I wouldn't shop there.
If I expected one every time I shopped there, they'd probably ban me.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 AM

I've think I've left feedback on every one of the hundreds of transactions I've done in the last 20 years, both buying and selling. I look at a seller's feedback and scores before I buy from them. I appreciate those who do leave feedback because it helps me evaluate a seller, so I try to contribute as well. Is the feedback system perfect? Of course not, but it helps.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 06-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Falvo View Post
I've think I've left feedback on every one of the hundreds of transactions I've done in the last 20 years, both buying and selling. I look at a seller's feedback and scores before I buy from them. I appreciate those who do leave feedback because it helps me evaluate a seller, so I try to contribute as well. Is the feedback system perfect? Of course not, but it helps.
Same here, I leave feedback on everything I do as both a buyer and seller. As a seller, it just adds some credibility when you have 100% positive feedback with numerous transactions. In a lot of cases, it gives the buyer a sense of confidence in their purchase.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Or, if Ebay made the feedback system the useful tool it was rather than an almost obligatory pat on the back for completing a simple transaction.

If Target wanted an attaboy every time I shopped there, I wouldn't shop there.
If I expected one every time I shopped there, they'd probably ban me.
When you (as a buyer) leave ebay feedback, you aren't rating ebay. You are rating the seller. With hundreds of thousands (or millions?) of sellers on ebay, we as buyers rely on feedback to help protect each other from unscrupulous sellers. Without feedback, a seller could be selling fakes (or damaged goods or not delivering items etc) nonstop and the next bidder wouldn't know.

Its a little different than buying a hallmark card from Wal-Mart and walking thru the checkout line. Hence, the feedback system.

A simple "A+" and 5 stars if it was a smooth transaction. But if you had issues, leave more detail and a neutral or negative feedback. You are helping fellow ebay buyers from going thru the same bad experience you had. Community, blah blah blah
Old 06-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
Same here, I leave feedback on everything I do as both a buyer and seller. As a seller, it just adds some credibility when you have 100% positive feedback with numerous transactions. In a lot of cases, it gives the buyer a sense of confidence in their purchase.
+1
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
When you (as a buyer) leave ebay feedback, you aren't rating ebay. You are rating the seller. With hundreds of thousands (or millions?) of sellers on ebay, we as buyers rely on feedback to help protect each other from unscrupulous sellers. Without feedback, a seller could be selling fakes (or damaged goods or not delivering items etc) nonstop and the next bidder wouldn't know.

Its a little different than buying a hallmark card from Wal-Mart and walking thru the checkout line. Hence, the feedback system.

A simple "A+" and 5 stars if it was a smooth transaction. But if you had issues, leave more detail and a neutral or negative feedback. You are helping fellow ebay buyers from going thru the same bad experience you had. Community, blah blah blah
The problem is that it's not a two way street anymore. It had some meaning when it was.
Additionally Feedback someone doesn't like can be removed. Making it nearly meaningless.

At the non- card shop where I worked I would regularly surprise people who had any problem at all by asking for details, listening and hopefully solving the problem.
It's rare to learn anything from the happy customers, even if they're more enjoyable to talk to. I did however learn a LOT from the few unhappy ones, or even just the puzzled ones.
"This price tag is faded, I can't tell if it's $9 or $9.99" "It's $9" "Are you sure, I don't want to cause you a problem" "Yes, even if it was originally 9.99, it's been here long enough that the tag is faded so it's almost unreadable if it wasn't 9 it should be. And if a dollar breaks us, we failed months ago."

or one who was just a complete nuisance because we didn't do things the way he wanted which was wrong to begin with.
"Not every shop has the same approach, and for some customers the approach might just not work. I think that's what we have here. Shop X just a few blocks away has a different approach than we do and perhaps you'd be happier with them"
Customer leaves apparently happy for once
Boss " did you just send him to our competitor? "
Me "Yes, now he's their problem, and he was happy about it. I'd call that a win"

A month later he was back and reasonable. being overcharged for repairs that don't work can do that.

On Ebay, I very occasionally check feedback. Mostly what I see is sellers with less activity (or even busier ones) whose percentage isn't great because of someone new and unreasonable leaving a negative that's nonsense. "Item never arrived" left two days after the auction ended sort of nonsense.
I'm pretty relaxed about transit time, etc. And usually check the shipping price sometime during the transaction. I'm also pretty relaxed about flaws on stuff I buy when the scans/photos are blurry. If I don't like it enough, I don't bid. I've gotten some nice stuff listed with truly awful pictures, and some real junk. That's more my fault for taking a chance.

I've left I think two negatives. One was a seller who is respected, but had misleading scans and refused to make any contact at all until I left the negative. Then asked me to remove it. The other was a seller that backed out of a sold auction claiming he'd sold the item at a show over the weekend and hadn't gotten around to removing it. But I was welcome to a discount on his fake autographs as compensation.

I do make a point of leaving good feedback for a seller if they do something more than I'd expect. I had a delayed package with no tracking and the seller refunded without my asking, then offered a nearly identical item for free. It wasn't expensive, but the one I won had a variety I needed and the replacement didn't so I passed, or tried to. He'd already mailed it! .The original one eventually showed up, and I sent him a nice overpayment for both since he'd been really great about the whole thing.
He got feedback for sure!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Steve Birmingham

Short version.

To me it's exactly like buying a Hallmark card from Wal-Mart.
They have a product I decide I want.
I pay, I get the product, deal done.

Neither of us deserves a medal for that.
Demanding it comes off as clingy and needy. And that might get someone onto my very short list of people I don't want to buy from.