NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Jason Albregts

Default Gilliam Squires Back Stamp Project

In the last couple of years, I have tried to acquire any Gilliam Squires back stamp cards within my price range. I am currently at a measly six T212s, but am always on the lookout. What I would like to do is start a database for myself to try and get an idea of how many are out there and where they are. If you have any Squires cards, please post them. I won't be soliciting you to sell them (that is unless you are looking to sell).

Does anyone know of any other examples outside of T212 or E99?

Last edited by Beatles Guy; 05-02-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Dan Carson

Default Others?

I have seen other type cards besides the T212 with the Gilliam back stamp. I actually looked him up on Ancestry.com once. If I remember right he lived in Oakland, CA.. You might Google him?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Jason Albregts

I did a Google search on him and it looks as if he was from San Jose. I did find some old auction results, including Leon's sale of an E99 Roy Hitt. There were some old threads on here that produced some info as well.

Last edited by Beatles Guy; 05-02-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Here are a few from my previous collection. I don't recall them on other cards but would guess they could be on any from the era. I think the faint red mark on the back of the gold Delmas is not Gilliam Squires but some unknown mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe99group.jpg (78.5 KB, 288 views)
Old 05-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Jason Albregts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Here are a few from my previous collection. I don't recall them on other cards but would guess they could be on any from the era. I think the faint red mark on the back of the gold Delmas is not Gilliam Squires but some unknown mark.
Thanks Leon. The E99 design is growing on me, Squires or not

Last edited by Beatles Guy; 05-04-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:04 PM

I have several.... Maybe 20 or so T212's. I will try to post some pics-

Matt
Old 10-18-2016, 11:44 AM
Marc

Default Taking over Gilliam Squires

I've taken over the Gilliam Squires collection from Jason A (thanks, Jason). From what I can tell, Gilliam lived (as an adult) in the Rose Garden area of San Jose, California, near where I grew up. I thought it would be fun to have these and add to the collection if new ones become available. I focus on players/teams connected with the San Jose/Santa Clara area. It's interesting to now have some cards from an original collector tied to the area. Let me know if you see any that become available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gilliam Squires Obak.jpg (65.2 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg Gilliam Squires backs.jpg (77.5 KB, 211 views)
Old 10-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Very cool, and I think if you keep your eyes peeled you will reel in some more over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
I've taken over the Gilliam Squires collection from Jason A (thanks, Jason). From what I can tell, Gilliam lived (as an adult) in the Rose Garden area of San Jose, California, near where I grew up. I thought it would be fun to have these and add to the collection if new ones become available. I focus on players/teams connected with the San Jose/Santa Clara area. It's interesting to now have some cards from an original collector tied to the area. Let me know if you see any that become available.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:32 AM

Default Another "Restorative Collector"

Marc best of luck continuing Jason's Gilliam Squires stamp collection rebuild.

I think it should be noted that Ed McCollum has inspired a new type of card collecting with his noble pursuit of reuniting an original collection with the aid of that original collector's back stamp. I'm sure Howe McCormick would approve.

Guess you gentleman are "Restorative Collectors" with "Second Chance" collections.

Best of luck in your hunt to reunite the cards of a past collector.

Patrick

Last edited by Vintagecatcher; 10-21-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:18 AM
Marc

Default Gilliam squires

Thanks, guys. Seems like a fun thing to occupy my time, without breaking the bank.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:37 AM

Here are my Squires stamped T212s, both of Miller, San Francisco:

Old 10-24-2016, 09:18 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagecatcher View Post
Marc best of luck continuing Jason's Gilliam Squires stamp collection rebuild.

I think it should be noted that Ed McCollum has inspired a new type of card collecting with his noble pursuit of reuniting an original collection with the aid of that original collector's back stamp. I'm sure Howe McCormick would approve.

Guess you gentleman are "Restorative Collectors" with "Second Chance" collections.

Best of luck in your hunt to reunite the cards of a past collector.

Patrick

I collect F.F. Baker stamped T206 backs
Old 10-24-2016, 12:50 PM
Jason Albregts

I could not have passed this collection on to a better person than Marc. Good luck to you sir.