NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-20-2015, 12:59 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

Default Another eBay Scammer - Martin Winkley aka fristbase9

I am having a significant eBay issue with him. He wanted a refund on a card before he even received it. I declined since there was absolutely nothing wrong with either the card or my listing. Now he is trying to get a refund from me, claiming the card is a fake, which it absolutely is not.

Basically, he was trying to flip it and his buyer backed out. Here is the listing if you want to see the card for yourselves.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141472601803...84.m1561.l2649

Thanks.

Chris

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664

Last edited by Bugsy; 01-20-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Fred

Chris,

I'm going to guess that most of the responses will be to refund the money and take it as a lesson learned and don't do business with the guy again.

That's a nice looking Ramly. I can't tell from the scans but are there any creases on it? Heck, you could try selling it on the BST with a reduced price (save the ebay fees).

Are you speculating that the buyer backed out because he had it sold and then that buyer backed out? Or do you know that for a fact?

Good luck with it.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

There are a few creases, but I described them in the listing. It is still a really nice piece.

This guy tried to flip the card and his buyer backed out. He requested a refund right after I shipped the card. Now he is claiming it is a fake, which is a complete lie.

As far as the refund goes, I would always issue a refund if I sell something that turns out to not be right and I always insure items in case something happens in transit. Beyond that, I'm not Walmart. I don't have a 30 day return policy for someone who just happens to change their mind about a piece.

On top of that, the guy didn't even email me. He has just filed twice through eBay. I am far less likely to want to work with someone who accuses me of fraud.

1913 Cravats pennants

Old 01-20-2015, 01:46 PM
John P
Joh.n Per.rotta

Default Ebay

Chris,

Something similar to this happened to me on Ebay.The Buyer backed out and wanted a refund for no reason. My advice is to just refund the Money and Move On. Ebay will side with the Buyer 100% and you will loose the Case anyway. Ebay Buyers protection plan refunds the buyer within 14 days No Questions Asked and if you dont Refund the Money Ebay will put a Strike against you and take it from your Paypal account. I wanted to Fight my case against the Looser Buyer but decided that it wasnt worth my time. It is a Sweet Card and I am sure it will make someone else Happy to Add to their Collection. Good Luck.

Regards
John P
Old 01-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP0621 View Post
Chris,

Something similar to this happened to me on Ebay.The Buyer backed out and wanted a refund for no reason. My advice is to just refund the Money and Move On. Ebay will side with the Buyer 100% and you will loose the Case anyway. Ebay Buyers protection plan refunds the buyer within 14 days No Questions Asked and if you dont Refund the Money Ebay will put a Strike against you and take it from your Paypal account. I wanted to Fight my case against the Looser Buyer but decided that it wasnt worth my time. It is a Sweet Card and I am sure it will make someone else Happy to Add to their Collection. Good Luck.

Regards
John P

Guy filed a "Not As Described" report already with Ebay without even contacting the OP. Ebay has already given him a strike because of this. Unfortunately because Ebay encourages buyers to lie in cases of remorse, the OP will probably have to pay for return shipping also.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:23 PM
An$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Guy filed a "Not As Described" report already with Ebay without even contacting the OP. Ebay has already given him a strike because of this. Unfortunately because Ebay encourages buyers to lie in cases of remorse, the OP will probably have to pay for return shipping also.
What he said - and because of that, you might as well just fight it at this point since there's really nothing to lose. eBay sides with the buyer probably in 95% of these situations but you might have a chance because of his claim of it being a fake before it even arrived...and especially if you can prove to them that his intent was to flip it.

eBay giving sellers the option of not accepting returns is such a farce. Buyers just willfully disregard it. Things were a lot more civil in the old days when you could leave a buyer a negative feedback. I get the intent of why they removed it because of retaliatory feedback, etc., but I had far fewer problems with buyers then.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:00 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

I shipped the item on the morning of January 2nd. Within a few hours, I get a request for a refund. All he said was, "I don't need it anymore."

18 days later, he just files a second request, claiming, "I was about to resell the item but I was informed it was fraud item."

You guys might want to block this guy.

1913 Cravats pennants

Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

Just a quick update. I offered him a refund if he sent the card to either PSA or SGC and was rejected as not being authentic. Of course he said he sent it to PSA, but won't provide any proof that he sent it there or any information on what they sent him.

Of course he never really sent it to PSA in the first place because he already told me that it was his buyer (the one that backed out on him) that supposedly told him it was a fake.

I was on the phone with eBay for an hour. Of course neither person was helpful, but at least I escalated this case showing this was a buyer's remorse situation.

I'm sure the fun is only half over too. I know eBay sides with buyers 99% of the time. If this guy does end up returning it to me, will it arrive in the same condition that I sent it in? Or will it even be the same card?

1913 Cravats pennants

Old 01-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Dave Foster

Sounds like "buyer's remorse." Or the douche factor a seller often encounters on feebay. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Just a quick update. I offered him a refund if he sent the card to either PSA or SGC and was rejected as not being authentic. Of course he said he sent it to PSA, but won't provide any proof that he sent it there or any information on what they sent him.

Of course he never really sent it to PSA in the first place because he already told me that it was his buyer (the one that backed out on him) that supposedly told him it was a fake.

I was on the phone with eBay for an hour. Of course neither person was helpful, but at least I escalated this case showing this was a buyer's remorse situation.

I'm sure the fun is only half over too. I know eBay sides with buyers 99% of the time. If this guy does end up returning it to me, will it arrive in the same condition that I sent it in? Or will it even be the same card?
If you get the same card back in the same condition you sent it in you will be lucky. About a year ago a friend sold a 53 Willie Mays and the seller claimed he got a reprint. Well he did send my friend back a reprint and the seller got a free real 53 Mays and his money back. A few bad people have ruined eBay for many people.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:31 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
If you get the same card back in the same condition you sent it in you will be lucky. About a year ago a friend sold a 53 Willie Mays and the seller claimed he got a reprint. Well he did send my friend back a reprint and the seller got a free real 53 Mays and his money back. A few bad people have ruined eBay for many people.
\

funny that I have made offers to sellers through paypal as a buyer...and the seller feels safer going through ebay and deals were lost as I wasn't willing to pay the additional 10% ...not sure what the seller really gains with that....the buyer..yes..but not the seller.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Chris- maybe I can help. The Raymond would find a good home with me. I'm needing it for completion still and I know you and I chatted before. When you get the card back, shoot me a note.

-Brian