NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-16-2017, 12:29 PM

Default Trout Question

Hey All, it seems crazy to me that authentic Trout cards are going for $125 plus! On the flip side, his signature like most contemporary guys, is so sloppy it seems tough to aihenticate. Perhaps this is too philosophical for this board, but do you think his signatures will retain value like many vintage autographs do? Obviously this depends on whether his career mirrors an all-timer like Mays, an elite hofer like Griffey and health and such. Anyway, fun to ponder. Also, if anyone has a low grade Trout, I am interested!
Old 05-16-2017, 12:57 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I would not be surprised if it holds. Babe Ruth signed more autographs than any human in history until Mickey Mantle and the Mick signed nearly without ceasing...and yet both held value. Mike Trout is a good signer and I have seen him sign lots in spring training (though I have never been the personal beneficiary of it). Barring some spectacular fall from grace, I think his values will hold.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:47 PM
D@vid Fel@

Jeter is a good comparison to a modern player. He has been signing for 20+ years and his signature values seems to be holding steady and I'm sure Steiner will jack up the prices when he makes the hof.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Kevin

I think he will hold, assuming he plays at this level for another 6-8 years. He is this currrnt young generations Pujols/Arod type player. Taking PEDs, hopefully, out of the mix. As an all around player he is the best positional player in the game and has been for the past 5 years. If he maintains that or very close to that level of play for the next 5+ years, he will already be talked about in the convo for top 25 player all time. Face of the game. He's like Pujols/Ichiro/Jeter/Miguel Cabrera. None have lost any value and all have signed quite extensively for the better part of 2 decades.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:21 AM

His playing on the Angels is a huge benefit to the collecting community because it keeps his prices way lower than they would be if Steiner ever sunk their teeth into him. I think he will end up being one of the top 5 players of all time. I could see him being a 500 homer / 500 stolen base guy with 3,000 hits and he has the potential to end up in the top 5 in runs scored. His current OPS plus of 172 is 6th all time with only the heaviest of hitters ahead of him. And he's only 25.

Last edited by packs; 05-19-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:38 AM
qu@n nguy3n

i'm a big trout fan, and even i won't say he'll be top 5 all time...just too many variables, but at the trajectory he's on that's certainly not out of the question. imo harper is more offensively talented with his god-given natural abilities, but i'll take the steady efficiency of trout going forward.

as for the graphs trout's have at least doubled the last year. i was buying raw trout sigs for $30-$50 nowadays even the fakes go for $80+ and real ones are all over $100. unlike harper he still signs a ton for being a superduper star and does mlb signings for around $200-$225 so not sure his prices will ever be jeter level. kinda like how hank aaron is the living GOAT but his price is $275 while koufax and mays is $400+.

edit: my top 5: ruth, cobb, walter, teddy, bonds

Last edited by chaddurbin; 05-19-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:51 PM

I mean, if Trout can manage to win one more MVP he will be one of only 11 players with 3 MVPs and he could theoretically already have 5 of them. The list of 3 time winners is a who's who of players:

Bonds
Arod
Jimmie Foxx
Mike Schmidt
Yogi
Campy
Joe D
Mantle
Musial
Pujols

Last edited by packs; 05-19-2017 at 12:53 PM.