NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
After a very long dryspell with my Lincoln minor league collection a guy showed up to my front door this morning with this beauty. It is a Bobby Shantz autographed baseball...but not just any old Bobby Shantz signed ball...this one was given to Jim Walters, the 16 year old kid who won the contest in 1953 to name the Lincoln baseball team...the ball is a NL Giles ball with the Western League president's signature stamp... I've known about this ball's existence for a long time now, but the guy was unwilling to sell it until today. The ball was also signed "Congratulations from Bill Hayes"...Hayes was the General Manager of the Lincoln club..he was a former Yankee minor leaguer and an umpire.

Here's a great story I found about Bill Hayes from just a few years ago:
http://www.amarillo.com/stories/0715..._7997379.shtml

The kid on the right in the bottom photo is the kid who named the team.
That's a great story and a terrific ball Dan!

That should take away some of the sting from the stolen package of a few days ago.

Best, Jimmy
Old 07-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
That's a great story and a terrific ball Dan!

That should take away some of the sting from the stolen package of a few days ago.

Best, Jimmy
Jimmy, the package showed up in today's mail...not sure why it was scanned as delivered yesterday...also not sure why the postal carrier said that he put it on the porch. But I am very happy today.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:09 AM

I've been picking up more odds & ends than usual this month. Here is a nifty companion piece. A circa 1950's Yankee Stadium Tickets envelope.

YANKEE-STADIUM-ticket-envelope.jpg

YANKEE-STADIUM-ticket-envelope-back.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 07-18-2010 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Boy, that's great news Dan!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Adam B

I just picked up this 1934 Detroit Tigers Wooden Serving Tray. I have never found these with the advertising. I am thrilled to add it to my collection. Joey's Stables was a popular restaurant/nightclub in the Delray section of southwest Detroit and would remained open until 1989. The tray was produced to commemorate their first anniversary in business which coincided with the Tigers winning the AL pennant in 1934. As fate would have it, Detroit Tiger star and Detroit Southwestern High grad Barney McCosky (.312 lifetime BA) would eventually marry the owners daughter Jane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tigers Serving Tray 030.jpg (73.3 KB, 338 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Dan Bretta

Here's some nice provenance for the baseball...the seller found an article explaining how the kid got the ball.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chiefsprovenance.jpg (74.6 KB, 336 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Default here's weird

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Picked this up today...this is one of the weirdest things I've ever bought. A new antiques flea market started up today for the first time at Candlestick Park in S.F. and I went to see what it was all about. Wasn't too bad for the inaugural opening...little eclectic...picked up a 1920's/30's galvano stationary/desk set box that advertised Richfield Oil the lid is an old time race car that lifts off...may jam it on eBay....then drove a short ways over to the Alamany flea maybe 5 miles away...I walked up to this one vendor and he had a lot of advertising....nothing real great....but there was this large advertising figure of a Scotchman I guess it was...and it was holding a strange looking head...I pulled it out to look at it and it was the strangest thing....a rubber football with the face of a bandaged up player one one side....looks 1960's at oldest, but very good condition....Wouldn't you know it...I ask how much and the guy says "you picked the one thing in my booth that's not for sale...I just put it there to attract people"....I looked it over and was kind of taken with it...and I jested to the guy.....now you're gonna make me want it more...is this Ronald Regan?...so I looked it over for a half minute and said....hey look, you're gonna sell it eventually anyway....what do you have to have for it?...the guy grimaces and thinks on my logic...then hesitantly goes....$20.00....bingo!!...I was shocked he said $20....For $20.00 it was a no brainer, I thought he'd say $50.00 or something....it's a little smaller than a real football...First one I've ever seen, no makers mark or numbers of any kind!...I wonder what designer conceived it and what company made it...it's out there!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 07-18-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Joe Hunter

Default George Sisler 1920's store model Bat

Picked up this 1920's Sisler store model bat, today. I referenced this in another thread. It is 32" long and is uncracked with great markings. It does have some condition issues such as initials engraved on the lower barrel and some splitting near the top of the bat. However, for $25.00 I am very pleased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 018.jpg (77.7 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (79.4 KB, 288 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
R@y H0lmes

The rubber football is weird, indeed! My first impression was that it looked like John Wayne...
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 PM
William Peebles

Carlton, I had one of those as a kid in the 80's. I don't recall where I got it though. It may have been second hand. If I can remember the name of the product/company I'll PM you.

http://www.huntingtonbaseballco.com
Old 07-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Jim D

ive seen that football somewhere before, like wacky packs or something, but i think the one i seen was screaming.... is there no little mfg date on it? My guess is mid to late 70's

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:49 AM

Default Official scoresheets from all four Nolan Ryan 19 K games

I just picked up a really neat lot in Hunt's 2010 Live All-Star Fanfest Auction which perfectly compliments my advanced Nolan Ryan collection. Broadcasting great Dick Enberg recently decided to sell many of the momentos that he accumulated in his 40 year career. BTW, growing up in So. Cal during the 1970's, Dick Enberg was always one of my personal favorites and I spent many great summer nights listening to him broadcast Cal Angels games. I purchased his original official scoresheets from all four of Nolan Ryan's 19 career strikeout games from the years 1974 and 1977.

One of the sheets is from the game played on 8/12/74 vs. Boston. In this game Nolan passed Bob Feller's standard for the most strikeouts in an American League game. Rapid Robert had held the former record for over 35 years with 18 K's. Ryan also tied fellow HOF'ers Tom Seaver and Steve Carlton with their NL standard of 19 K's. This record held up until Roger Clemens struck out 20 in 1986. Note: Kerry Wood and Randy Johnson subsequently joined Rocket Roger with 20 K games as well.

The scoresheet from the game played on 8/20/74 was also of particular note. Not only did Nolan strike out 19 Detroit Tigers, but he also threw the fastest pitch ever recorded (100.9 MPH) using the sophisticated and precise measurement equipment provided by the Anaheim , CA aerospace company Rockwell International. To date, this is still the modern standard and remains in the Guiness Book of Sports Records. It's interesting to note that the 8/20/74 game was used as the calibration game by Rockwell for an Angels PR promotion that occured on 9/7/74 where fans were allowed to guess the actual speed of a Nolan Ryan fastball down to 1/10th of a MPH. The winner received tickets and airfare to the 1974 ALCS championship series compliments of the Angels. Like many teams, the cellar-dwelling early 1970's Angels were struggling to get fans into the seats. What better way than to exploit their only marketable asset at the time- Nolan Ryan? LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 436.jpg (29.8 KB, 307 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 07-20-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 AM

Default Hot damn Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I just picked up a really neat lot in Hunt's 2010 Live All-Star Fanfest Auction which perfectly compliments my advanced Nolan Ryan collection. Broadcasting great, Dick Enberg, recently decided to sell many of the momentos that he accumulated in his 40 year career. BTW, growing up in So. Cal during the 1970's, Dick Enberg was always one of my personal favorites. I purchased his original official scoresheets from all four of Nolan Ryan's 19 career strikeout games from the years 1974 and 1977.

One of the sheets is from the game played on 8/12/74 vs. Boston. In this game Nolan passed Bob Feller's standard for the most strikeouts in an American League game. Rapid Robert had held the former record for over 35 years with 18 K's. Ryan also tied fellow HOF'ers Tom Seaver and Steve Carlton with their NL standard of 19 K's. This record held up until Roger Clemens struck out 20 in 1986. Note: Kerry Wood and Randy Johnson subsequently joined Rocket Roger with 20 K games as well.

The scoresheet from the game played on 8/20/74 was also of particular note. Not only did Nolan strike out 19 Detroit Tigers, but he also threw the fastest pitch ever recorded (100.9 MPH) using the sophisticated and precise measurement equipment provided by the Anaheim , CA aerospace company Rockwell International. To date, this is still the modern standard and remains in the Guiness Book of Sports Records. It's interesting to note that the 8/20/74 game was used as the calibration game by Rockwell for an Angels PR promotion that occured on 9/7/74 where fans were allowed to guess the actual speed of a Nolan Ryan fastball down to 1/10th of a MPH. The winner received tickets and airfare to the 1974 ALCS championship series compliments of the Angels. Like many teams, the cellar-dwelling early 1970's Angels were struggling to get fans into the seats. What better way than to exploit their only marketable asset at the time- Nolan Ryan? LOL
Those are pure GOLD...especially for one of the very top Ryan collectors on earth! Well done my friend, well done indeed.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Scott

Now, those scoresheets are AWESOME. Great pickups! I too have always enjoyed Dick Enberg's work in all sports when I have heard him.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:51 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I just picked up a really neat lot in Hunt's 2010 Live All-Star Fanfest Auction which perfectly compliments my advanced Nolan Ryan collection. Broadcasting great Dick Enberg recently decided to sell many of the momentos that he accumulated in his 40 year career. BTW, growing up in So. Cal during the 1970's, Dick Enberg was always one of my personal favorites and I spent many great summer nights listening to him broadcast Cal Angels games. I purchased his original official scoresheets from all four of Nolan Ryan's 19 career strikeout games from the years 1974 and 1977.

Many congrats, Scott! I was at that game in which Ryan was clocked. It was very memorable, and a landmark game, as you say. They really made a big deal of the new radar technology.

I still remember how they made the results suspenseful... posting his fastest pitch by inning on the scoreboard. They really made you wait for the record-setting pitch (dragging it out mercilessly). When they finally posted it on the Big A (the scoreboard was still in left field at the time) the crowd went nuts. It was all people talked about the next few days.

I also remember seeing Enberg drive off in his red convertible after the games in those days. He would always flash a big smile and wave. The Angels were never very good, but Dick Enberg was a class-act, and those early '70s games were sure fun.

If you attended Hunts live, I'm sorry I missed you. I was there with another collector friend... we both won a few lots, and had a good time. It was cool to see the Wagner Strip up close, and there were some nice deals to be had. We should have thought to arrange a Net54 get-together with all the local SoCal people who were able to attend. Would have been great to meet Jimmy "King of Clout" as well... Oh well- maybe next time!

Last edited by perezfan; 07-20-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

As stated above, I was lucky to pick up some nice pieces from Hunts. The Red Yankee Pennant w/names is the first I have ever seen in full-size. I thought it would go much higher than it did. It's been a while since I've added any vintage pennants, so these were some good scores!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hunts1.jpg (38.4 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg Hunts2.jpg (39.5 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg Hunts3.jpg (21.8 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg Hunts4.jpg (25.9 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg Hunts5.jpg (74.6 KB, 290 views)
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 AM

Default red ball pennants

From the recent Hunt auction. An addition to my BF3 collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red ball 6.jpg (67.9 KB, 277 views)
Old 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Scott

Great pickups, Perez fan. That gum box is awesome!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Brock

Great pickups Mark. That mirror has long been a personal favorite of mine. Awesome haul! Congrats
Old 07-21-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
Those are pure GOLD...especially for one of the very top Ryan collectors on earth! Well done my friend, well done indeed.
Thanks Jimmy! I had hoped to win Enberg's scoresheet for Ryan's 383 K game too, but it wasn't meant to be... I'm thrilled to own the four 19 K scoresheets.

BTW, I didn't mention this in my July pickup description, but the 8/20/74 (100.9 MPH 19 K) game was the 1st time that I ever caught a foul ball in a baseball game. The foul ball was pitched by Nolan and fouled off by Ron LeFlore straight back into the first row of the View Section and into my waiting hands. Ironically, Ron Leflore was Ryan's 100.9 MPH record pitch as well as his (4th, 7th, 12th and) 19th strikeout victim in the game. Now there's an ultimate companion piece!

I'm always amazed by what you can find for the collection if you wait long enough. The power of patience has it's definate rewards!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 07-21-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Now, those scoresheets are AWESOME. Great pickups! I too have always enjoyed Dick Enberg's work in all sports when I have heard him.
Thanks Scott!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Many congrats, Scott! I was at that game in which Ryan was clocked. It was very memorable, and a landmark game, as you say. They really made a big deal of the new radar technology.

I still remember how they made the results suspenseful... posting his fastest pitch by inning on the scoreboard. They really made you wait for the record-setting pitch (dragging it out mercilessly). When they finally posted it on the Big A (the scoreboard was still in left field at the time) the crowd went nuts. It was all people talked about the next few days.

I also remember seeing Enberg drive off in his red convertible after the games in those days. He would always flash a big smile and wave. The Angels were never very good, but Dick Enberg was a class-act, and those early '70s games were sure fun.

If you attended Hunts live, I'm sorry I missed you. I was there with another collector friend... we both won a few lots, and had a good time. It was cool to see the Wagner Strip up close, and there were some nice deals to be had. We should have thought to arrange a Net54 get-together with all the local SoCal people who were able to attend. Would have been great to meet Jimmy "King of Clout" as well... Oh well- maybe next time!
Mark,
I saw Nolan pitch lots of times during the 1970's, but never caught one of his no-hitters or the 9/7/74 Ryan Rockwell speed night. I was fortunate to attend Ryan's 383 K game, two of his 19 K games and two 1-hitters. Wow! Thanks for your description of what it was like to be there- how cool! I wish that I had been at that game. I have all of the Angels original press releases and newspaper articles surrounding that game in my collection...

BTW, I actually did fly out to So Cal to catch the All Star game and HR Derby with an old friend that is still an Angels season ticket holder. Good times! I was at Hunt's live auction at the FanFest, but only to bid on the Enberg/ Ryan scoresheets. I'm sorry that I missed meeting you as well. I'm hoping to attend the National in Baltimore (Wed and Thurs). Maybe we can get together and meet if you're headed there as well?

Thanks!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 07-21-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:57 AM

I'm very pleased to add Joe D's Yankees Old-Timers Day 1978 garment bag w/ shaving bag to my matching 1977 suitcase. Both pieces are lined with Yankee pinstripes and come with the original boxes they were shipped in!

DiMaggioGARMENT-BAG-1.jpg

DiMaggioGARMENT-BAG-2.jpg

DiMaggioGARMENT-BAG-6.jpg

DiMaggioGARMENT-BAG-8.jpg

Here is the suitcase. Also, both pieces were never used.

Joltin Joe was some pack-rat...Thank God!

dimaggioluggage1.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 07-21-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:18 AM

Picked up this pin to go along with the card I won a few months back...

Aaron-500-HR-Pin.jpg

aarons500HRcard.jpg
Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Dan Bretta

Picked up this large size cabinet photo of the 1901 Nebraska Indians baseball team. It's the same image they used on their smaller 1902 cabinet photos they sold...I always thought there was something fishy about that "2" on the 1902 cabinets.

The top photo is the 1901...the bottom photo is the altered 1902
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1901cabinet.jpg (76.7 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg niforoc17-cabinet2.jpg (77.9 KB, 262 views)
Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Clint

Nice pick up Dan and good catch on the 1 and 2.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Dan Bretta

Thanks Clint...you finding anything good lately? I'm hoping to post some cool items in a few weeks.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:04 AM

Default Hey Mark...Scott ain't kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Great pickups, Perez fan. That gum box is awesome!
My buddy and I were the under bidder on either the same Matty Fad-A-Way Gumball Box, or a very similar one at a past live auction.

I loved it then and love it even more now. Too bad I can't say the same about any women I know!

Tremendous effort on your part over the last few months in adding a number of fantastic pieces to your already magnificent collection. Mark.

My best, Jimmy
Old 07-23-2010, 11:22 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Thanks Jimmy, Scott and Brock...

I was very lucky to get the Gum Box and the Mirror, especially. Two items at the very top of my "America's Dumbest Want List" seemingly forever. Neither comes up often, so I thought it best to go after both.

This was my "National", and I will now be out of commission at least until all those November Auctions pop up... but well worth it. Until then, I'll have to be content eating 100 year-old Gum (or at leat looking at it!)

Last edited by perezfan; 07-23-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Scott

Quote:
Thanks Jimmy, Scott and Brock...

I was very lucky to get the Gum Box and the Mirror, especially. Two items at the very top of my "America's Dumbest Want List" seemingly forever. Neither comes up often, so I thought it best to go after both.

This was my "National", and I will now be out of commission at least until all those November Auctions pop up... but well worth it. Until then, I'll have to be content eating 100 year-old Gum (or at leat looking at it!)
I didnt know it was that old. wow. I had 1962 gum once, bout fifteen or so years ago. Was black..haha. just bit a corner and it was bitter and dissolved. DONT EAT THE GUM!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:26 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Well, I "rounded up" on the age of the gum... but it's pretty close. Either way, the gum is definitely for display ONLY!

Wasn't there a pertinent Seinfeld episode about Wedding Cake?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Geez, trying to chew "fresh" Topps gum back in the day was bad enough, I can't even imagine trying to chew 100 year old gum. Come to think of it, it would probably give Topps gum a run for it's money
Old 07-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Well, I "rounded up" on the age of the gum... but it's pretty close. Either way, the gum is definitely for display ONLY!

Wasn't there a pertinent Seinfeld episode about Wedding Cake?
Are you sure that gum is original to the container? I always assumed some collector put that in there for display purposes at a much late date.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I bet you're right Dan... Gum that old probably would have decomposed by now. Hope the stuff in there doesn't leave a sticky residue, come to think of it.

Last edited by perezfan; 07-23-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Clint

Dan, nope haven't picked anything up recently. Look forward to seeing what else you have.

On the gum subject I tried a 1968 Topps piece back in the early 80's. It was brown but I was a brave kid. It was the worst thing I ever tasted. It definitely made me think twice about trying the 63 Fleer cookie.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Dan Bretta

Surprisingly gum WILL last for more than 100 years...I found a slug of gum and candy items in my Great Grandmother's possessions a few years ago.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:32 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Very cool, Dan...

That Sen-Sen Gum would make a killer companion piece for anyone who has the Sen-Sen Scorekeeper. Same obviously for the Colgan's Chips.

First time I've seen the actual Sen-Sen product. Great finds!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Dan Bretta

That Adams Pepsin Tutti Frutti gum also has a companion piece

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2009/376.html
Old 07-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Dan Bretta

Picked up this sweet cabinet photo of a Nebraska football player from 1905-06...I found the exact photo in the 1907 U of Nebraska yearbook to confirm it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happylittle.jpg (77.9 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg happylittle2.jpg (58.5 KB, 217 views)
Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Ethan

Default Ruth Rookie -- Red Sox -- Type 1

See photo below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.0 KB, 135 views)
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Ethan

Back...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (60.2 KB, 134 views)
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Ethan

Zoom of Ruth...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.9 KB, 185 views)
Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Default Big additions

My newest Gehrig items.
I got these in a big trade. I had to give up a photo that I really loved. I hated to do it, but it was worth it.

1924 Lou Gehrig type 1.

1927 Yankees infield type 1

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 07-17-2013, 03:43 PM
$teve O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
My newest Gehrig items.
I got these in a big trade. I had to give up a photo that I really loved. I hated to do it, but it was worth it.

1924 Lou Gehrig type 1.

1927 Yankees infield type 1

Great Gehrigs Mark!!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Dan Bretta

How in the heck did this old thread get brought back to the top? This is from 3 years ago!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

You know I didn't even notice that fact. I saw the post before mine and didn't look at the previous post dates.
Well I'll post my pick up in the correct thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned

Picked up this media guide in July 2005.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Kevin O'Gara

Pick up from ebay. Thought I did well. Great condition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130717_214645.jpg (36.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 20130717_214203.jpg (36.7 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by khkco4bls; 07-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Kevin O'Gara

Pick up from ebay. Thought I did well.1890s pen pencil box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130717_214645.jpg (36.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 20130717_214203.jpg (36.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

That Pencil Box was a steal! I already have one, and it still took all the restraint I could muster NOT to hit the Buy It Now!

Great pickup, especially in that condition!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default so nice so nice

you said it twice! I have but one left from this great set of 19th century pencil boxes and it's the same as yours except - that's honestly the cleanest one of these I've seen - by a wide margin.