NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default Dump it to Crumpit

Posted By: Chris

Ten Cent listing day (12-27)on Ebay. I was thinking of listing some stuff but guess I'll wait.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Oh geez, not again!!!!
Thanks for the warning.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

it's so annoying, dealers list 1,000's of cards, all well above retail...

it's a waste.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

having these once in a while...but the frequency of these can be daunting, as we just had one about a week or two ago....especially since Ebay is likely doing this to increase Q4 earnings...which are already going to be higher than the present concensus estimate.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Why do some sellers RAISE the prices from their store inventory when they list things in active auction? If it didn't sell for 3 months sitting on your shelf at that price, wouldn't you lower the price to try and move the card?

Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

Does anyone know how to block certain dealers from eBay searches? It seems like that would solve the problem. I find myself cursing the same few overpriced dealers all the time ...

Old 12-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Chris - I've been begging for that feature for a few years, but no such luck; there is a way to do it on a temporary basis, but once you end your session, it goes away.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed Hans

Just click on the "auctions" tab when searching. That will filter out all the overpriced dealer stock.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Ed - someone suggested this last time - I'm pretty sure that only filters out store inventory - it does nothing to filter all the fixed price auction style listings that result from dump day.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed Hans

I just did it last week. You see only auction formats; no fixed price or store listings. The Pre 1930 category had less than 1200 active listings using this option vs. over 5k the other way. Try it. It works.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Ed - fantastic! I stand corrected.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Sarian

Another tool I use for 10 cent listing weeks is to search for items which have at least 1 bid. This eliminates having to sift through the hundreds of BIN at ridiculous prices. It does run the risk of missing a good item that no one has bid on yet, but it is a minimal risk.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but it does concern Ebay and dealer practices so I figured I could sneak it in. I'm looking for an opinion or two on an Ebay shipping matter.

I won 4 separate auctions within about 15 minutes last night on Ebay. All from the same seller. One card per auction. Each auction stated $5 shipping. In his auction descriptions the seller also stated that winners of multiple lots reduce their shipping costs. Now I realize this is ambiguous. He didn't say "combine" shipping.

When I received the invoice last night, the 4 cards (all Obaks) came to a pre-shipping total of $117. To that he added a charge of $12 shipping. 4 cards, $12, and that doesn't even include insurance. Am I right to feel a little jobbed in this matter?

Anthony Stephenson

Old 12-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Anthony - while it certainly is more then his cost, it is a significant reduction from the $20 shipping total. If you had expectations on what the combined shipping would be, you should have clarified with the seller beforehand. That said, I recently had an incident where someone won two cards from me and before I could invoice them paid for both cards and full shipping on both; I told the buyer since he had won both there was no need and refunded him.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

anthony,by doing this the seller in effect has you (the buyer) paying for the ebay & paypal fees.. you can leave a negative/nuetral or give a low mark in the detailed seller ratings.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

It looks like the seller discounted the shipping by a large percentage. It might still be a little more than it costs but he did discount it heavily vis a vis the total individual shipping cost (quoted) of the 4 cards ...I would let this one slide. He did what he said he would do. regards

Old 12-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: S Gross

Actually, I like dump-days; it gives me another price reference point. I already have my "perceived" value, "book" value, and "market" value I can use in determaning a fair price on a certain card. Dump-days just gives me another tool: The "you've got to be $%&*%@# kidding me" value.