NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Default Question about ticket stub value...

I recently picked up a ticket stub from a Brooklyn Dodgers vs. Cincinnati Reds game played on June 15th, 1952.

Here is some info on the game and a pic of the stub...was really wanting to know what kind of value/significance this ticket has....

Thanks in advance guys!!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...95206150.shtml
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stub.jpg (73.8 KB, 235 views)
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
I recently picked up a ticket stub from a Brooklyn Dodgers vs. Cincinnati Reds game played on June 15th, 1952.

Here is some info on the game and a pic of the stub...was really wanting to know what kind of value/significance this ticket has....

Thanks in advance guys!!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...95206150.shtml
Hi James,
Nice ticket stub featuring The Bum's vs. The Reds at Ebbet's in 1952. Not much noteworthy to report in the boxscore that would drive value. The heart shaped hole punches indicate that the patron attending the game had a complimentary seat. Tickets of this type were called "Annie Oakley's" because they appeared to have bullet holes in them. All teams did something similar. Value of ticket is $12- $15 max.

I hope this helps!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Scott,

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was looking for. I was able to find one more pretty cool tidbit about this game...Found this on the Walter O'Malley Official Website.

June 15, 1952
As a way for fans to get closer to the players, Walter O’Malley introduces the first Autograph Day in the history of Brooklyn’s Ebbets Field. Dodger players were stationed in booths under the grandstand prior to the game with the Cincinnati Reds.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123

Last edited by jgmp123; 12-12-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Scott,

Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was looking for. I was able to find one more pretty cool tidbit about this game...Found this on the Walter O'Malley Official Website.

June 15, 1952
As a way for fans to get closer to the players, Walter O’Malley introduces the first Autograph Day in the history of Brooklyn’s Ebbets Field. Dodger players were stationed in booths under the grandstand prior to the game with the Cincinnati Reds.
James,
That's a nice extra bit of info that might drive interest with a Brooklyn Dodger's fan.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Scott,

June 15, 1952
That's a pretty cool bit of info. The Dodgers continued that tradition at least through the 70's in L.A. on Sunday home games. Still remember being pissed off that I got Walt Alston after waiting in line...not so pissed anymore
Old 12-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Jeff Sherman

Default Authenticating

With that extra bit of info, it might be worth having PSA authenticate it with the extra designation of "1st Dodgers Autograph Day" or something. Its those little things that make a ticket more valuable. With that kind of kicker, it could carry a premium, maybe as much as $30. I collect stubs and find that the significance of a game definitely piques my interest in the stub. I believe I have on that is identified as "1st Presidential Attendance at Night Game," or something terribly trivial like that.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan View Post
With that extra bit of info, it might be worth having PSA authenticate it with the extra designation of "1st Dodgers Autograph Day" or something. Its those little things that make a ticket more valuable. With that kind of kicker, it could carry a premium, maybe as much as $30. I collect stubs and find that the significance of a game definitely piques my interest in the stub. I believe I have on that is identified as "1st Presidential Attendance at Night Game," or something terribly trivial like that.
Good point, but...
Just curious, how much would it cost to slab the ticket? A ticket doesn't need a plastic holder telling you what it is in order to sell on eBay. Case in point, a ticket to Bob Feller's 1st win just sold for $945 on eBay last night. No PSA slab, BTW.

Full disclosure: My bias is that I don't PSA slab tickets, FWIW. I have never bought or sold a baseball ticket in a slab in 40 years. A well described auction with a xerox copy of a newspaper article describing the event, or a link to the info online will always suffice.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-19-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned

Scott brings up a good point, and I'll just add that one of the nice things about many (but not all) tickets and ticket stubs is that with the date being printed on them, it doesn't take a lot of detective work to find out or verify whether something notable happened in that game. You certainly don't need, in most cases, a third-party grader to state the obvious.