NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Brian

Default Update from Love of the Game Auctions

I just heard from Al at Love of Game Auctions. He is unable to post to Net54 from his phone, but he wants to share the following update:

From Love of the Game Auctions facebook page --
Hurricane Sandy has knocked us around but we are still standing. All the auction materials are safe but we are in the dark. We will begin packing and shipping winnings as soon as it is feasible (and as soon as UPS and FedEx trucks can get to us). Please bear with us!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 AM

My thoughts are with you and your family Al.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM

Al,
Please be safe and take care of yourself and your family first. Cards can wait.
JimB
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Agreed. Stay safe Al!! Cards will get to folks when they do......
Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

No rush Al. Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Barry Arnold

Default al

i'm so happy to hear that you and the family are well, even with the aftermath of the storm still affecting you and others.
Do know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate through
this trauma.
all the best, my friend
barry
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

No excuse Al, no excuse!

Glad you're ok and great auction.

Cheers,

John
Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Pete Sycks

I hope all is well up there in Jersey. Great auction.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Marc S.

Default Glad that all is well, Al

Was very happy with both my winnings and consignments. Glad that your business was not impacted in a worse way. I'm certainly happy to be patient on items.

Best to you and the family-
m
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Al

Hey everybody!

Thanks for all the warm thoughts. Man, that was a wooly night, but thankfully we came out all right. My thoughts are with those of you that have worse to deal with than we do.

The auction itself went off without a hitch (and thanks to those who participated), and then I spent most of Monday taking care of invoices and making packages, but by 4:00 or so it became pretty apparent that it was going to get nasty so I packed up all the material safely and got it out of harm's way.

We still have no power and I have no idea when it will return, but I did see a FedEx truck drive by this morning, so I suppose that means the roads are more passable than yesterday. We have a generator, but we're using it sparingly because it's awfully hard to find gas. Slowly but surely I am getting winnings packaged, and as soon as our Internet comes back (I can access the net via cellular on my iPad or phone, but that's it) I'll be ale to process invoices and start shipping.

Just as a note of caution - for anyone in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, or Pennsylvania who may have won something, I will not ship to you until we make contact via email. If you are not at home, or if God forbid you have damage or worse, I don't want you to have to worry about cards getting to you safely. They'll be safe here until you tell me it's okay to ship.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, and stay safe!

Al
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Al, thank you for the update and keeping everyone's winnings safe. Having seen the lines for gas this morning, please take your time and conserve as much gas as necessary until you get power fully restored.

DJ
Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Al

Hi everybody:

Just thought I'd take a second to update everyone.

We've been packaging up cards in the dark since last week, and on Monday began catching up with payments and accounting. Our power was finally restored late this afternoon, enabling us to get our first batch of packages out before close of business today. Tomorrow, we'll have all the packages shipped to those who paid by PayPal or credit card through the end of last week.

I estimate that we'll be completely caught up by the end of the week with winnings shipped out to all who have paid, and the first batch of consignment checks sent out as well.

Thank you all so much for bearing with us during the aftermath of the storm, and I look forward to a nice, smooth, easy second auction this winter, with mild weather and working electricity.

My thoughts remain with all those who are still coping with the effects of the storm.

-Al
Old 11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Just wanted to say that I got my winnings in the mail this morning. Thanks Al for running a great auction and doing all you could given the jersey issues the last two weeks.

Dj