NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Default Tickets to all Regular Season Yankees/Red Sox Games at Fenway, for the next 10 years

Posted By: Ted Holden

This thread was approved by Leon in advance of posting.

New York Yankee/Boston Red Sox
Baseball Tickets (2)
To every regular season game between the Yanks and Red Sox,
at Fenway Park, for the next 10 YEARS!

My client is holding a Massachusetts State Lottery Ticket that won the prize noted above. Since baseball is not of great interest to the owner, I have been asked to accept offers for the lottery ticket. I have spoken personally with an executive of the Massachusetts State Lottery and confirmed that these lottery tickets are bearer instruments and whoever shows up to claim the prize with a valid ticket is the winner. It could be you!

Details of the Prize

The advertised value of the package is $26,000, consisting of cash and the above named tickets. The seats are grandstand seats and there is no more specific information as to location or even the exact number of games taking place in the next ten years, as schedules are drawn up each year.

The ticket portion has been valued by the Lottery at $17,000, with the remaining $9,000 in “cash”. However, estimated Federal Taxes of $6,500 and Massachusetts State Tax of $1,300 will be automatically withheld, leaving actual cash of $1,200 for hot dogs and beer. So the net after tax value of the prize is roughly $19,200.

BUT

Please keep in mind the difficulty to score tickets to the Yankee/Red Sox games at Fenway. My contacts in the Boston area, and web sites such as Stub Hub state that these seats are in such high demand, that 3 to 4 times face value is the common price paid in the secondary ticket market. We don’t even know how much ticket prices will increase in the next ten years, but just like death and taxes, we can be certain that there will be increases.

How it Works

•I will be accepting offers for the lottery ticket beginning immediately, with the minimum being the face value of the net prize of $19,200. Offers should be sent to me (Ted Holden) at OrkDoolian@aol.com.
•Offers should include the dollar amount of your offer, your name and telephone number.
•The current high offer amount will be posted here periodically. (For the benefit of those conspiracy theorists, I would be happy to forward all offers to an independent third party such as Leon for verification).
•I will be traveling from Sept. 17-20, and will not have access to e-mail, but offers may continue to be submitted during that time.
•On September 20 & 21, 2007, high offers will be posted here as received, to give everybody an opportunity to reconsider their offer.
•Then, at 7:00 P.M. Eastern Time, on FRIDAY, Sept 21, 2007, the current high offer will be posted. This will be the last posting of high offers.
•Between 7:00 and 8:00 that evening, I will accept FINAL OFFERS from all interested parties. At exactly 8:00 that evening the offer time will conclude, with time determined by email time stamp.
•All final offers will be evaluated and submitted to my client for consideration.

Please note, this is not an auction in that the owner of the ticket reserves the right to reject all offers.

The person submitting the high offer will be placed in contact with the ticket holder to make arrangements to meet at a lottery office. Upon verification to the satisfaction of all parties of the validity of the ticket, and transfer of good funds for the total amount of the offer, the Lottery Ticket will be delivered.

So get some friends together to share the cost and split up the tickets. If you don't live in the Boston area, please forward a link to anybody you know who does. If you have a business, think about taking a different client to each game and writing off the cost. Maybe you could even buy this package, keep half the tickets and sell the other half to pay for the whole deal. Consider the possibilities.

Offers and Questions

To repeat, all offers should be submitted to Ted Holden at (orkdoolian@aol.com).
I will be away from Sept. 17-20, and will not have access to e-mail.
Final offers will be accepted from 7:00 and 8:00 PM September 21, 2007.

Texas Ted