NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Belltown Vintage

Cut the guy some slack - I really think he meant to say 'HOBBIT', which of course makes perfect sense. I mean, Hobbits can't really authenticate anything.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by runscott View Post
cut the guy some slack - i really think he meant to say 'hobbit', which of course makes perfect sense. I mean, hobbits can't really authenticate anything.

haha
Old 04-19-2012, 10:40 AM
pete ullman

i sent the seller a message this morning telling him/her what a joke this auction was as the card is a pathetic fake worth about $1 maximum...I wonder if this had any impact!?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:04 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
i sent the seller a message this morning telling him/her what a joke this auction was as the card is a pathetic fake worth about $1 maximum...I wonder if this had any impact!?
I reported it to ebay as having a "authenticity disclaimer". So even if they got permission for having an ACA graded card, I can't imagine it could make it past the disclaimer problem.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:41 AM

"Why don't those in the collecting hobby except science."
Hobbyists don't disavow science, I think he means why don't they accept science.
I feel sorry for the guy because it's obvious he feels the card is genuine no matter how much opinion and information is stacked against him.
He needs to deal with the fact the card is not genuine. period.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 PM

I was going to ask the sellers this question.

If I were to take an authentic T206 baseball card produced in 1910 that had a Piedmont back and I cut that back off and then glued on the front of a Honus Wagner reproduction, could I also have a forensic examiner test only the BACK paper fibers, have an obscure Canadian company grade the card and say it is an error or unknown variation and then list it on eBay for a starting bid of $500,000 dollars?

I doubt they would list the question on eBay or respond (or if they did, I am sure it would be something derogatory and full of misspelled words).

David
Old 04-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Barry Sloate

Now that ebay shut him down, is it possible he will finally come around to the fact that his card is no good? Or will he look for yet another venue to try and sell it? At some point he needs to face reality.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Belltown Vintage

Hey, one of the cuckoos fell out of the nest...

How the f**k are you. First I have been on ebay since 2002, check my HBO and ESPN videos (www.honuswagnerauction.com) or yutube Cobb and Edwards. Secound Mr. know it all on T206's, what company reprinted my card. I need the company name. Don't call it a reprint and you don't know the company that reprinted the card. Also I have been collecting cards and other items for over 30 years. I know what I have and have done the research to prove what I have is the real deal. Do your research and tell me what company reprinted my card since you are calling it a reprint. Good look on finding that company. And if you are not interested in buying my card, then mind your business and move on.....

- rainbow95x87