NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Default Off Topic - Military Collectors ?

Posted By: Brett

This is off topic, but do any of you collect military stuff ? Any World War 1 & 2 collectors out there ? Show us some pics of what you have !!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ramram

You must be talkin to me.

Rob M.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

I like to browse the military auctions, but one expensive hobby is enough for me!

Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

This thread will probably be as popular as Siberian sunlotion but...personally I probably like the military collectibles more than the baseball (Blasphemy!! - that statement alone will probably make Leon delete this thread). I mostly collect soldier's diaries and artwork done by soldiers in the field. I've got material from the Revolutionary War to Vietnam but mostly the Civil War and WWII. Diaries I have include both Union and Confederate diaries, WWI infantrymen as well as naval (British Naval diary covering the battle of Jutland) and several WWII diaries. As far as WWII diaries, I've got a German KIA covering Stalingrad and Kursk, Italian covering the invasion of Ethopia, Japanese, American - POW, bomber pilot and bomber waist gunner and a B29 flyboy (he writes about the low-level bombing of Tokyo and says that "you could smell flesh burning at 7,000 feet"), Medic diary covering the Battle of the Bulge and a few others.

What about your items??

Rob M.

Some soldier artwork:

Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

Other than some items from when I was in the US Air Force....I own a couple of Civil War Colt 45 revolvers.
One still shoots the other one I would not dare to fire it. They are both very valuable collector's firearms.

Talk about "pre-War" collectibles....now we're really talking.....And, just think, if I get them "slabbed"; how
much more they might be worth.

TED Z

Old 03-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

I have 2 ww2 Canadian medals (France & Germany Star without the ribbon and the Service medal). I have a bunch of patches and badges and a crown and pips that go on the shoulder strap for a Brig. General. ww2 German M35 helmet. It was reissued with the Norweigen decals on there, but the original heer decals might still be under there somewhere. A German flag/banner most likely was hanging out of someones window, 4 German medals. I baught them pretty cheap at a Military antique show. Merrit 3rd class, merrit 2nd class, Russian Front medal and the Hindenburg cross with swords. That show was pretty cool because I got to hold a bunch of ww2 guns. bazooka, 3 Thompson smgs, 2 Bren guns, mg34, mg42, BAR, m1 Carbine, ppsh41 and I forgot the Japanese machine gun name. Also, I have a Boer War era to ww1 era British or Canadian binoculars with the original case. The case is missing the strap though I'm hoping to get some more ww1 items, like helmets and medals.

The prices are getting rediculous for pre war baseball cards, so I'll go back to military stuff I guess

Old 03-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

C'mon now....I never delete threads anymore unless they are ridiculous by a troll. ...or if someone makes a mistake and lists a BST request here...then I advise them before I do it. I might lock threads when they have completely disintegrated into yuckiness.....but I don't delete. (I won't say I never will though).. I learned my lesson from Jay B.....As for O/T stuff as long as we keep it to a minimum everyone knows there is no problem....Only allowing our great pre-war baseball cards would get a little stale....take care ...btw, not really into the military stuff but it looks cool

Old 03-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Ah, Leon -

I forgot to put a smiley face after my note about you probably deleting the thread. I know you're actually pretty light-hearted when it comes to deleting threads.

Rob M.

P.S. However - I'm all for you having a heavy-hand on those that need it!!!!

Old 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

Rob, those drawings are very interesting. My Grandmother's cousin was killed in the final days of Iwo Jima. When my Grandmother's sister died my family received most of his belongings including journals, medals and accomodations. He made several drawings of the battles he participated in like the one you listed.

-Clint

Old 03-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Great journal Clint! Would love to hear more about it. Drop me an email (rmorgan4@kc.rr.com) when you get some time.

Rob

Old 03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Williams

My dad collects WW2 military vehicles, amongst other antique cars.

He has a 1941 Dodge command car, a 1944 Willys Jeep, and a little driveable platform on wheels called a mule.

He also collects antique radios, and has many WW2 and earlier radios.

There are pretty organized clubs for both the vehicles and radios that he is a member of.