NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So acting with integrity even if you are a criminal is ok, got it.
I am not following you. I don't think any of those guys is Peter Nash.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Jason B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
Bobby, even as a gold member images are small in size. I realize you've implemented a circular zoom feature by touching the image with the cursor which is great, but do you also plan on having larger images available such as what the old site offered?

Bobby -- Agree with these points fully.

Being able to see a full-sized image for several examples within a given grade is the main utility of VCP for me. Not being able to see a blown-up image of each card within a given grade is a 100% killer.

VCP has been the best and pretty much only way to easily get a sense for what a very "strong for grade" vs "weak" card might sell for. The circular zoom is fine, but it's absolutely impossible to get an overall sense for the card without being able to see a rather large picture of the entire card.

Getting that large image of the card only with a single click would be ideal, and would be an improvement on the old separate popup window version of of the old site. Restricting the circular zoom feature to a hover feature, while being able to open the largest possible image with a single click on the image itself would be my recommendation.
--Or alternatively, making the white popup box substantially larger, so as to take up nearly the entire screen, might get us there as well.

Would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

You said as long as they act with integrity it doesn't matter (I said they could be criminal). I politely disagree. I am not saying what they have done is bad, it's good. But they might not have clean hands themselves and there is no way to know. How do you know for sure that the guys doing the outing aren't fraudsters too? That is just a problem for me and if you don't care, I understand. Again, Moser, PWCC, PSA, me, or anyone committing fraud should be punished, I am not saying they shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am not following you. I don't think any of those guys is Peter Nash.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
You said as long as they act with integrity it doesn't matter (I said they could be criminal). I politely disagree. I am not saying what they have done is bad, it's good. But they might not have clean hands themselves and there is no way to know. How do you know for sure that the guys doing the outing aren't fraudsters too? That is just a problem for me and if you don't care, I understand. Again, Moser, PWCC, PSA, me, or anyone committing fraud should be punished, I am not saying they shouldn't.
They could also be Madonna or Mike Trout. No, I don't know for certain who a couple of them are, but I am relying on my judgment and instincts I guess, formed on the basis of many dealings.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-17-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:41 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggerZagger View Post

Being able to see a full-sized image for several examples within a given grade is the main utility of VCP for me. Not being able to see a blown-up image of each card within a given grade is a 100% killer.

VCP has been the best and pretty much only way to easily get a sense for what a very "strong for grade" vs "weak" card might sell for. The circular zoom is fine, but it's absolutely impossible to get an overall sense for the card without being able to see a rather large picture of the entire card.

Getting that large image of the card only with a single click would be ideal, and would be an improvement on the old separate popup window version of of the old site. Restricting the circular zoom feature to a hover feature, while being able to open the largest possible image with a single click on the image itself would be my recommendation.
--Or alternatively, making the white popup box substantially larger, so as to take up nearly the entire screen, might get us there as well.

I think this is something that can be looked into down the road in making the box larger to make the images larger to start. You also have to keep in mind the decision for that size is also due to about 60% of our users being on phones and not computers. So the larger image size really does not do them any good.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:54 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltman View Post
Bobby, one thing I'm not seeing. You used to be able to search by category, D cards, N cards, etc....not seeing that now?
Sorry about that there is an ACC# search selection on there as well.

Besides the sports selections Baseball, Basketball, etc

It goes

Key Word, Player Name (Full Name-now), Set Name, ACC#
Old 07-17-2019, 07:56 PM
Banned

a 60-40 split is what you based your decision on to go with a format that doesn’t allow larger images? for a hobby in which many collectors place a premium on condition (and lately, as we have seen, larger images help to uncover fraud). the more you post the more i question why you are doing the things you do.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:57 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballcrazy62 View Post
Bobby: one thing that isn’t on the new site that I wish you could bring back is the number of cards that are in the “my collection” header. It used to be in there with “viewing all groups in collection “. Other than that I really like it.
This is now live and we took it a step further with totals also in your groups as well. You may need to do a shift-Refresh or log in and log out to see it.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
a 60-40 split is what you based your decision on to go with a format that doesn’t allow larger images? for a hobby in which many collectors place a premium on condition (and lately, as we have seen, larger images help to uncover fraud). the more you post the more i question why you are doing the things you do.
Bobby -- did you post this on Blowout?

Yesterday, 02:42 PM #4171
ConcernedCollec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys really think it is a good idea to be trashing Bobby?

After all he is the guy that got the buyers ID turned back on for you. Without that a lot of your discovery would be a lot harder.

I am sure he could just as easily turn it off....

Old 07-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Bobby -- did you post this on Blowout?

Yesterday, 02:42 PM #4171
ConcernedCollec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys really think it is a good idea to be trashing Bobby?

After all he is the guy that got the buyers ID turned back on for you. Without that a lot of your discovery would be a lot harder.

I am sure he could just as easily turn it off....
No
Old 07-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Christopher Zu.psic

Quote:
Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks
Wow, that’s painting with a broad brush. I didn’t know posting without your name attached classifies one as likely a scumbag.

Last edited by thenextlevel; 07-17-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextlevel View Post
Wow, that’s painting with a broad brush. I didn’t know posting without your name attached classifies one as likely a scumbag.
I didn't say that. I said it is a cesspool. I am more talking about the way that place is moderated. I would guess most over there Are GOOD people. But as I said there are a lot of trolls too. And they get protected. That isn't good in my book but I guess it is yours. We can agree to disagree. BTW what I specifically said is that the troll saying I was selling drugs to kids is protected. If I wanted to pursue it I would sue the venue for that information and go after them in court. But I am not wasting my time I just left over there... I am sure you would be ok with some troll saying that unfounded crap about you, right?

Last edited by Leon; 07-17-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:07 PM
Christopher Zu.psic

Quote:
I didn't say that. I said it is a cesspool. I am more talking about the way that place is moderated. I would guess most over there Are GOOD people. But as I said there are a lot of trolls too. And they get protected. That isn't good in my book but I guess it is yours. We can agree to disagree. BTW what I specifically said is that the troll saying I was selling drugs to kids is protected. If I wanted to pursue it I would sue the venue for that information and go after them in court. But I am not wasting my time I just left over there... I am sure you would be ok with some troll saying that unfounded crap about you, right?
I’m not speaking for the trolls that you find on any message board, and no, I would not be ok with that degree of slander, but there are a lot of good members there, regardless of their anonymity.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:25 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Leon,

I agree that posting names is a good thing. And I always do it, as you know.
I am also good with people outing fraudsters, particularly if, as there has been, before and after pics are posted that are pretty damning. In that specific instance, I am beyond OK with that even if they don't post names. Would I prefer that they did? certainly. But the evidence is rather compelling irrespective of that. If the authorities decide to take action, they will get those identities, I promise.

I am also good with the initial question Peter asked of Bobby. If you go read the thread, it is pretty clear that the CU reveal that was posted on Blowout indicated that Bobby posted under a, shall we say, assumed name, denied that it was him, and got caught based on previous posts where he had actually posted and identified himself under that same assumed name. It was really quite comical IMO.. I don't think there is anything wrong with calling him out for that either, because that was BS. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Well I agree that outing fraud is good. I just think some of those outing the fraud are probably fraudsters too. I realize you don't have an issue with that (or seem to insinuate that). I do, we can easily agree to disagree. That doesn't mean what they say isn't true.
I was taken to task over there for things I don't/didn't do. And the mods did nothing. And no, I would not answer anonymous posters questions either. IF they want to put their real, verifiable, name next to it I am happy to answer. But it would not be in a venue where those kind of patently false accusations, by anonymous (trolls in my book), don't get reprimanded. Overall, of course I am glad the fraud that was going on was outed and is being dealt with by authorities. I hope whomever is committing fraud in the hobby gets punished to the full extent of the law. It hurts all hobbyists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
Leon,

I agree that posting names is a good thing. And I always do it, as you know.
I am also good with people outing fraudsters, particularly if, as there has been, before and after pics are posted that are pretty damning. In that specific instance, I am beyond OK with that even if they don't post names. Would I prefer that they did? certainly. But the evidence is rather compelling irrespective of that. If the authorities decide to take action, they will get those identities, I promise.

I am also good with the initial question Peter asked of Bobby. If you go read the thread, it is pretty clear that the CU reveal that was posted on Blowout indicated that Bobby posted under a, shall we say, assumed name, denied that it was him, and got caught based on previous posts where he had actually posted and identified himself under that same assumed name. It was really quite comical IMO.. I don't think there is anything wrong with calling him out for that either, because that was BS. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

What's your basis for saying those outing the fraud are fraudsters, or some of them?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
What's your basis for saying those outing the fraud are fraudsters, or some of them?
I didn't say they "are" I said they could be. We don't know. That is the problem. Just like Manny getting booted from here as he wouldn't identify himself. There are some coincidences with him and a certain, well known fraudster, that are suspect to me. But maybe you are right. We don't know, is all we know for sure. I really don't want to talk about it any longer. Good luck and please keep helping to out fraud. I appreciate it (as well as a lot of other hobbyists).
Old 07-17-2019, 10:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I didn't say they "are" I said they could be. We don't know. That is the problem. Just like Manny getting booted from here as he wouldn't identify himself. There are some coincidences with him and a certain, well known fraudster, that are suspect to me. But maybe you are right. We don't know, is all we know for sure. I really don't want to talk about it any longer. Good luck and please keep helping to out fraud. I appreciate it (as well as a lot of other hobbyists).
You said "probably."

But even if we knew their identities, that wouldn't conclusively prove or disprove anything either. People I had thought clean have turned out not to be. One never knows.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-17-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:26 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Well I agree that outing fraud is good. I just think some of those outing the fraud are probably fraudsters too. I realize you don't have an issue with that (or seem to insinuate that). I do, we can easily agree to disagree. That doesn't mean what they say isn't true.
I was taken to task over there for things I don't/didn't do. And the mods did nothing. And no, I would not answer anonymous posters questions either. IF they want to put their real, verifiable, name next to it I am happy to answer. But it would not be in a venue where those kind of patently false accusations, by anonymous (trolls in my book), don't get reprimanded. Overall, of course I am glad the fraud that was going on was outed and is being dealt with by authorities. I hope whomever is committing fraud in the hobby gets punished to the full extent of the law. It hurts all hobbyists.
I would certainly have an issue if they were actually committing fraud which was or could be proven, such as PWCC is doing. But I haven't seen any evidence of that. Zero. So at this point, what you think is speculation at best IMO. I can't really go too far on complete speculation. If you do, OK. I don't. If you have that fraudsters evidence that I haven't yet seen, show me what it is and I will look at it and maybe revise my opinion. I don't like fraudsters either. I just don't know why you are saying that.

Nor do I think that any of the accusations we are talking about are patently false. I actually feel that it is otherwise. And, with respect to the initial question Peter asked, Bobby outed himself. If you are dumb enough to do that, you get what you get. He deserves to be flamed. Its pretty easy IMO.

Last edited by Kenny Cole; 07-17-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:21 AM
Bobby Binder

Just wanted to show you what the new My Collection now looks looks like now with card totals. Top is overall and then it is also in your groups.

Thanks to the member here for the idea...

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563434469
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 9.18.38 PM.jpg (14.8 KB, 340 views)
Old 07-18-2019, 08:13 AM
Arthur R!ch

This thread is awesome on so many levels. I can't stop laughing.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 07-18-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggerZagger View Post

+1000!! I would REALLY appreciate the larger images. If its one or the other, I would prefer the larger images to the magnification function, but would love both.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
Total and utter garbage, and anyone that reads those threads will see that. If you’d just own up to it, you might regain some credibility. The fact that you aren’t has made me rethink giving you the benefit of the doubt about protecting PWCC.
No he won't he lost ALL credibility PERIOD continuing to display the biggest crook in the hobby of all times. BRENT MASTRO PWCC. Makes YOU a crook too Bobby VCP. Why don't you help the BO team instead of hindering them? Everyone is wondering. Just another idiot in on the scam, IMHO.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
No he won't he lost ALL credibility PERIOD continuing to display the biggest crook in the hobby of all times. BRENT MASTRO PWCC. Makes YOU a crook too Bobby VCP. Why don't you help the BO team instead of hindering them? Everyone is wondering. Just another idiot in on the scam, IMHO.
You know this is CRAZY.......

How am I hindering your precious BO Team?

Let me point out one VERY important FACT to you.

Worthpoint, PSA Auction Prices Realized, PWCC Market Prices

These 3 above all use the exact same API feed from eBay as we do so they get the exact same data and information that we do and can all post the exact same information that we do.

WHY IS IT THEY ALL CHOOSE NOT TO SHOW YOU THE BUYER INFORMATION

But we do????

So please tell be again how I am not helping your BO team and hindering their investigation.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:58 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

The timing of this change (especially with a more cumbersome ability to fully magnify the images) is the main thing that raised red flags.

Last edited by perezfan; 07-18-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:06 AM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post

These 3 above all use the exact same API feed from eBay as we do so they get the exact same data and information that we do and can all post the exact same information that we do.

But we do????

So please tell be again how I am not helping your BO team and hindering their investigation.
PWCC doesn't show the buyer info? This is shocking. I am shocked.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 07-18-2019, 10:37 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:

But we do????

It's not MY PRECIOUS BO TEAM", I'm banned from the site. I just call them as I see them....Making it harder for them to look up the pictures. I can tell you from using the site when I purchased my mantle, it wasn't user friendly in the first place, IMHO>ANd take the stupid PWCC banner down, it makes you look like an effin idiot, also IMHO.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Bobby Binder

In regards to the IMAGES and being accused of doing something to hinder you BO team. Check this email out almost a year ago...I think way before your BO team was even in existence.

You can see in detail that it says exactly what we where going to do and did.

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563467856
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 6.34.57 AM.jpg (11.7 KB, 342 views)
Old 07-18-2019, 11:11 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
In regards to the IMAGES and being accused of doing something to hinder you BO team. Check this email out almost a year ago...I think way before your BO team was even in existence.

You can see in detail that it says exactly what we where going to do and did.

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563467856
A little ironic, in that it's very hard to see that as well. It needs to be blown up, but thanks for posting it.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Bobby Binder

You know what....

My Mother passed away last night

Me and who I am as a person. I am as honest and giving a person as you will ever meet. A straight shooter that usually says it as I see it. Hard for me to lie and sugarcoat anything. My daughter is a soccer player and goes to Williams College and won the D3 National Championship last season. Growing up playing soccer after every game we would talk and she would ask me how she played. My reply was " Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear or what I really thought" she always choose what I thought.

And yes sometimes I say some stupid things and put my foot in my own mouth. But that is who I am...

I started VCP 12 years ago and sold all my cards so I could be completely neutral and no one could ever accuse me of trying to manipulate values for my own personal gain. I wanted to be a rock and gate keeper for the market and run this site with integrity and tried to set rules that would make that a reality. In all these years I can't tell you how many times I have been approached to do things that are not on the up and up. Make price changes, make sales disappear, etc, etc..... I have never ever once compromised my principals or have done anything of the sort. I feel obligated to our membership to provide to them the most accurate and timely data possible with no exceptions. Yes there are errors because we are 100% transparent everyone can see those errors and they can report them to us so they can be fixed.

I am approachable but not always agreeable. People may get the wrong idea about me and think that I am mad or angry. Not the case life goes on and all I want is to develop a great product that everyone in this hobby can use to make better decisions.

It really upsets me to be honest that people think that I am a cheat, fraud, or have anything to do with any of this crap going on in this whole mess happening right now in this hobby. Because it is not true...i have ZERO knowledge of any of it and have gained nothing from it.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:

It really upsets me to be honest that people think that I am a cheat, fraud, or have anything to do with any of this crap going on in this whole mess happening right now in this hobby.
Umm... because they're plastered across your home page?

Arthur

Old 07-18-2019, 02:41 PM
Chuck Tapia

[QUOTE=BobbyVCP;1900167]You know what....

Now that is something I am very, very sorry about.
My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:42 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Bobby, terribly sorry to hear about your mom’s passing and condolences to you and your entire family. There will be a time and place to pose questions about some of your other statements but I think everyone should agree right now is not the time nor the place.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
Bobby, terribly sorry to hear about your mom’s passing and condolences to you and your entire family. There will be a time and place to pose questions about some of your other statements but I think everyone should agree right now is not the time nor the place.
+1.

Bobby, I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:10 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
You know what....

Very sorry for your loss.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Tom S@lem

Auction images not uploading at all
www.OPeeCheeInternational.com
Old 07-25-2019, 09:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

Bobby -- when you're back to business after dealing with your family issues -- does VCP have any way to deal with the situation where ebay later marks a sale as unpaid and removes it from its market research tool? As you may have seen BO recently uncovered quite a few major cards that were on PWCC's website and VCP but which did not show up, apparently because they had been removed, on the ebay market research tool. Obviously this can result in misleading information about historical prices if these reported sales did not go through. Thanks.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-25-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Bobby -- when you're back to business after dealing with your family issues -- does VCP have any way to deal with the situation where ebay later marks a sale as unpaid and removes it from its market research tool? As you may have seen BO recently uncovered quite a few major cards that were on PWCC's website and VCP but which did not show up, apparently because they had been removed, on the ebay market research tool. Obviously this can result in misleading information about historical prices if these reported sales did not go through. Thanks.
Peter,

This is done via PWCC and not a tool given via eBay. If PWCC would volunteer us that information that certain auctions did not complete because buyer failed their part we would gladly remove it from our database. REA in the past has done that with us after auctions have closed so that we could report accurately. Otherwise we have no way of knowing which ones did or did not complete.

Just to let you know eBay does not have a Market Place Tool, that is a name created by PWCC all they provide is an API feed.

Last edited by BobbyVCP; 07-25-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: To add more
Old 07-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Peter,

This is done via PWCC and not a tool given via eBay. If PWCC would volunteer us that information that certain auctions did not complete because buyer failed their part we would gladly remove it from our database. REA in the past has done that with us after auctions have closed so that we could report accurately. Otherwise we have no way of knowing which ones did or did not complete.

Just to let you know eBay does not have a Market Place Tool, that is a name created by PWCC all they provide is an API feed.
Bobby yeah that's what I assumed. Thank you. I am glad to see REA at least is cognizant of the potential of reported prices that did not actually happen to mislead. I wish others would do the same.