NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Default Toni/Jim saga continues

Posted By: jay behrens 

Figured I may as well create a seperate thread for this scumbag so anyone that has anything offer on the this guy and post it here rather than having it buried in a threat about Big Ed.

Jay

Old 11-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I just had a bizarro run-in with an Italian seller named Toni...can't possibly be the same guy.

Old 11-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

Isn't he the guy who copies high dollor items from major auctions and collectors? Then he tries to sell them on Ebay as his, where he only accepts money orders going to another country? Since we (board members and viewers) Make up less than a 10th of 1 percent of our wonderful hobby, looks like this guy Toni will be doing this for a long time to come... Everything catches up to you, most of the time though..

Old 11-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2768962694&category=55917

Here's the link to his scam: a 56 Mantle PSA 9 for only a grand -- as long as you were willing to wire him money out of the country. I had a hilarious running email dialogue with him where he was caught lying about ten times. He also had sent out emails to people claiming that he was in a major financial crunch and was forced to sell the inventory of his card store quickly. As I told him yesterday, "Isn't it amazing that even the dumbest of Americans are all smarter than you?" Finally he has been removed by ebay.

Old 11-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mckee

what happened with big Ed??

Old 11-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Dan,

It's still there:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1069442471&lp=1069853855

I think when Elliot deleted the anonymous posts, the thread accidentally got moved. Just do a ttt.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Couldn't find anything on him. All I saw were the Greg/Leon debates...

Old 12-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: botn

It only took Yahoo 6 weeks but they did do the right thing.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

this is from yesterday
3 hijacked accounts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2770270518

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2770264788

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2770268757

I SAW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY Unopened Box of 1962 Topps Football Wax Packs.

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THE PRICE IS US$2,999.00 (all taxes included).

REGARDS.

Toni Toscana
www.tonis-sports-cards.com
Phone/Fax (UK): 0044.207.900.2484
Phone/Fax (IT): 0039.029.544.1573

Old 12-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: duncan300

I'm new here and didn't mean to post the last annonymous

Old 12-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

These issues are largely eBay's fault. As everyone knows, eBay has for years knowlingly allowed Roy Huff and like scams go unchecked. I bet one hundred different people have contact them to complain about Roy Huff. eBay's philosphy obviously has always been, if it makes them money they don't care ... The problem is that if the Roy Huffs find eBay to be a profitable venture for their scams and know eBay essentially promotes their listings, you can bet that others will join the game using different techniques-- ala these techniques.

So, irrelevant to what eBay representitives claim in an interview 2 monthes from now, eBay is to blame. If you spend 4 years promoting Roy Huff-like scams despete 100s of complaints, you can't turn aroun and claim innocense when other scammers join the game.

Old 12-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

anon post deleted

Elliot

Old 12-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

HEY ELLIOT, YOU DIP****, EITHER BAN ANONYMOUS POSTERS OR REQUIRE PEOPLE TO SIGN UP TO POST!

Old 12-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

shows the anon post was our legal buddy from the big easy....Tbob.....just hit enter too soon.....

Old 12-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

This thread has three posts under the same ip address, by MW, TBob, and "Anonymous", and the "anonymous" one is not TBob.

But back to the topic - Yahoo is a pile of crap...period. Yahoo is so crappy I closed my account a year ago and don't even visit the site anymore. Ebay is also a pile, but the fact is that a lot of vintage material ends up there, so it would be stupid not to use it. Having said that, it should be obvious even to the stupidest Yahoo user that if you want something to get better it's not going to happen if you sit on your butt and keep your mouth shut. So yes, we complain about ebay and we have taken every constructive route imagineable to get them to clean up their act and provide a better product. in some cases it works, some it doesn't. But, no, Yahoo is not an alternative.

Old 12-04-2003, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Runscott is right about the IP addresses -- they are nothing more than AOL proxy assignments. Hundreds, even thousands of different users can have the same IP address at the same time.

Old 12-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gemint

Here's my email correspondance regarding his two 1974 wax boxes for $999. I eagerly await how he responds (if he does)...

gemint - Hello, I'm interested in bidding on the 1974 wax boxes. I'll use buy it now if you allow me to purchase through an independant escrow service. Let me know.

Toni - I SAW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY Two Unopened 1974 Topps Baseball Wax Boxes.

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THE PRICE IS US$999.00 (all taxes included).

REGARDS.

Toni Toscana
www.tonis-sports-cards.com
Phone/Fax (UK): 0044.207.900.2484
Phone/Fax (IT): 0039.029.544.1573

gemint - Hello Toni,

Please confirm if you'll allow me to use a US based escrow company of my choosing to conduct the transaction. That's the only way I will purchase these items.

Thanks.

Toni - Hello,

Thank you for being interested about my item.

The cards are located in United Kingdom. As shipping carrier i will use MoverMAX or Pegasus Cargo so you will receive the package in 2 or 3 business days. The delivery will be door-to-door so you don't have to worry about any other delivery fees when the package will arrive in your country.

To protect my business I have adopted the following polices.

Nobody forces you to accept it. If you don't agree, I believe it would be better that none of us lose his time for nothing.

- I will send the sports cards in advance and when you'll receive the tracking number from the carrier and you see that the package is moving I expect from you to send me the payment confirmation in max. 24 hours from that moment. In that way both of us will be protected.
- As a payment method I have chosen Western Union's services because they always served our interests in a professional manner and helped me gain buyers. I consider promptitude a vital condition on the modern eCommerce markets and a guarantee of quality.

If the terms and conditions above are suitable for you and you decide to purchase please email me back with your full name and address to prepare the package.
After I have the shipping information's from you I will prepare the package and I will contact the carrier.

Thank you again for your interest.

I look forward to a favorable reply and just as soon as I receive it, I will send you my payment address.

Regards.

Toni Toscana

gemint - Hi Toni,

If you're willing to go through "escrow.com" (eBay's preferred escrow service), then I'd be willing to move forward with the transaction. Any other method is of no interest to me. I was burned once by a scam (not saying yours is). It took me over a year to get my money back after the seller was prosecuted and convicted by the USPS postal inspector. He's now spending two years under house arrest and had to pay $40k restitution to his victims. I'd just rather go the safe route per eBay's strong recommendations.

Let me know.

Thanks.
gemint

Old 12-05-2003, 05:58 AM
Administrator

I thought one of the board members agreed to Toni's request and purchased something, saying they had nothing to worry about since they didn't have to actually send payment until the package arrived.

So I have a very simple question - did the package arrive and if so, what was in it?

Old 12-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

I didn't make an anonymous post on this thread, I guess someone is taking out their anger on me for trying to expose the frauds and hijacking of accounts, other than that I don't know.
With regard to toni/jim/whatever, cubbman23 (Dave S.) won the E94 Wagner violet card which of course was a scam and when he tried to contact the "seller" about how to send payment, the "seller" told him he would send the item and email the serial number of shipment at which time the buyer was to immediately send payment by Western Union. You KNOW that Dave would have received an empty box for his trouble, but before that, what happened was the "seller" got cold feet and said he wouldn't send the card because it was supposed to be a 3 day not 1 day transaction. Unfriggingbelieveable...

Old 12-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob M

who the heck is "Jim"? Then tell him you've got several other interested buyers over at your INTERPOL office.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Administrator

I'm referring to a different deal - 2-3 months ago Greg originally informed us about this situation. I was unable to get a clear understanding of what was going on, but Greg assured us that there was a "real" Toni who was being screwed, and that ebay had it taken care of. Obviously there was more of a problem than anyone realized. I believe it was Dan McKee who actually agreed to buy a card from the guy - but I could be wrong. I'm really curious how that went. I would like to know if he actually received an empty box.

Also, an anonymous poster claimed that the scammer Toni was actually David Schnitzer (alias DrBond, Harleyman,etc.) - this I do not believe. The scammer is obviously not a native English speaker, while David Schnitzer knows every 4-letter word in the language, and a few combinations I've never heard of.