NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-10-2024, 05:45 PM

Default Display cases for card shows

I am looking to buy a couple of display cases to use at some upcoming shows as my current ones are trashed. Where should I look be looking? Any suggestions would be helpful
Old 01-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Eric Perry

Allstate display cases are popular. They have a website from which you can buy direct. I used them when doing shows in the past. They worked quite well.

Occasionally, you'll find dealers selling used cases, especially if they're getting out of the business of setting up at shows. Perhaps you should check with the promoter(s) of the show(s) at which you'll be setting up. They could ask their dealers in advance, which could possibly lead to you being able to buy cases at the show from dealers who no longer want/need them.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 01-10-2024, 06:46 PM
Steve

I don't own any cases myself (I'm not a dealer).

I've seen these at a few shows and liked them so much I took a picture to remember them in case I want to buy some for hobby / trade night events.

https://ccshowcases.com/
Old 01-10-2024, 07:06 PM

Allstate cases are the ones I’m familiar with although their website is a bit dated. Assuming they are still in business….
Old 01-11-2024, 07:11 AM
Howard Chasser

Default AllState for durability & longevity

I have been using the Allstate cases for years. Take care of them and they take care of you. A big factor to think about is glass or plastic top - plastic scratches MUCH more easily and will start to look crappy over time. If you aren't moving them much that may not be an issue and there are some good plastic top cases out there.

Allstate cases can be purchased new directly from the mfr. I did find a few used ones in good shape on Craigs list. Checking in with dealers at a show is a good idea too. You could also check with Levi Bleam - 707 Sports cards & Jimmy Ryan at JP sports - they both rent cases at shows and may have some to sell used.

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:42 AM

Interesting and timely thread. I'm looking for 2-4 display cases for the Feb. 10 gathering in No. Virginia. Anybody in the Philadelphia area have any to rent/purchase?

Cheers,
Mike
Old 01-11-2024, 08:16 AM

Post-covid, they are pretty hard to find used, everyone and their brother is setting up a show, somewhere, someplace.

I don't believe Levi is in the case rental business anymore, Josh H. took over the business. Most renters are not looking to sell spare cases.

Looking locally is the best bet as shipping is expensive. Perhaps the local flea market or antique mall. But, there are a pair on ebay right now.. don't let the no key hold you back, you can either use them without the key as most are at their table anyway AND you can get the replacement keys pretty easily, the cases have the key number stamped on the case lock.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18624061455...Bk9SR5TwoJGfYw

Last edited by sb1; 01-11-2024 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:01 PM
Joe M.

If any of you looking for display cases are near SW Florida. I have one for sale. $75.00. If you are near SW Florida, contact me. jcmtiger68@gmail.com. Locking case includes key. Thanks Joe to expensive to ship.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1726.jpg (183.8 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1725.jpg (181.3 KB, 378 views)

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13

Last edited by jcmtiger; 01-16-2024 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2024, 05:18 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

If you’re super casual like me, I use the plastic cover Amazon ones like this.

https://www.amazon.com/VIZ-PRO-Tampe...cs_rp_2_i&th=1

They will get scratched up if you dont take care of them but I store mine in the box and use them for a show once or twice a year. You’ll see a lot of people set up with these now a days. They aren’t as thick so you’re limited with what you can put in them but for cards/slabs they are great. Just dont order the massive 48x36 one.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:50 PM

I'm a newbe here to the posts. Thanks for the add..Longtime sports collector , card show dealer and run a monthly card show here in Bristol RI. I absolutely love the rugged and ease to carry Christal clear cases. Saw them and spoke with the owner at the National in July. Affordable too. ! Good luck...(Allstate cases are great but heavy if you have to carry more than 1- the Christals stack up 3 per carry case).
Old 01-12-2024, 08:08 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
If you’re super casual like me, I use the plastic cover Amazon ones like this.

https://www.amazon.com/VIZ-PRO-Tampe...cs_rp_2_i&th=1

They will get scratched up if you dont take care of them but I store mine in the box and use them for a show once or twice a year. You’ll see a lot of people set up with these now a days. They aren’t as thick so you’re limited with what you can put in them but for cards/slabs they are great. Just dont order the massive 48x36 one.
Matt, like Mike P. in Post #6 above, I'm looking to purchase something in which to display some cards at the Feb. 10th get together in No. Va. I figure that whatever I purchase I will then use to display cards in my home. Until I saw your post, I was looking for a lockable tabletop display case like those used by dealers at card shows. These tend to be 3"-4" deep, which allows for the stacking of several slabbed cards, which is something I won't be doing.

Then, I saw your post and your link to a lockable bulletin/notice board, which is intended to be mounted to a wall. Matt, is the back of this notice board flat and fully suitable for use as a tabletop display case (I don't see any info re the back in the Amazon listing)? I realize that this type of product tends to be only 1/2' or so deep, which would allow for no more than two slabbed cards to be stacked, but I don't need depth as I don't do card shows. And, this type of product is significantly less costly than a "regular" display case. Thanks in advance for any further insight you can provide re this product.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 01-14-2024, 09:41 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I don't sell much slabbed stuff at shows, so my need for showcases is minimal. I have three Allstate showcases from many years ago and they are practically indestructible, but they are heavy, bulky and sharp, so I prefer not to lug them. I bought a pair of small jewelry cases made of lightweight acrylic for my local shows. Locking, 16 x 10 x 3, by Marketing Holders via Amazon ($45.99 each with free Prime delivery). They fit nicely on a standard show table, one above the other. They fit into a large canvas tote bag for transport. They were cheap enough that if they get scratched up over time I can just replace them. The company has other sizes too but I wanted them small enough and light enough to put into a tote bag for load-in/out purposes.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-14-2024 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:46 AM
Jim Reynolds

I got lucky. I bought this handmade wood one from a neighbor for $20.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5606.jpg (173.0 KB, 168 views)
Old 01-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Matt, like Mike P. in Post #6 above, I'm looking to purchase something in which to display some cards at the Feb. 10th get together in No. Va. I figure that whatever I purchase I will then use to display cards in my home. Until I saw your post, I was looking for a lockable tabletop display case like those used by dealers at card shows. These tend to be 3"-4" deep, which allows for the stacking of several slabbed cards, which is something I won't be doing.

Then, I saw your post and your link to a lockable bulletin/notice board, which is intended to be mounted to a wall. Matt, is the back of this notice board flat and fully suitable for use as a tabletop display case (I don't see any info re the back in the Amazon listing)? I realize that this type of product tends to be only 1/2' or so deep, which would allow for no more than two slabbed cards to be stacked, but I don't need depth as I don't do card shows. And, this type of product is significantly less costly than a "regular" display case. Thanks in advance for any further insight you can provide re this product.
I’ve used this exact case at multiple shows. Like you said, you can’t stack a ton of cards but you could do 2-3 with no issues. Has a lock, felt type bottom.

I have no need for the heavy metal/glass ones that you see at most shows so it works perfect.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:06 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
I’ve used this exact case at multiple shows. Like you said, you can’t stack a ton of cards but you could do 2-3 with no issues. Has a lock, felt type bottom.

I have no need for the heavy metal/glass ones that you see at most shows so it works perfect.
Matt, thanks for your helpful response. I've just ordered two locking bulletin/notice boards that are smaller than the one you recommend, but which will fit the available flat-surface space in my man cave, after I use them at the Net54 get together.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:35 AM
FredYoung

BOTH CASES HAVE BEEN SOLD!

I have 2 Allstate cases, like new, w/ a matching key that fits both, in their original shipping boxes, that I would sell for $99 if someone wants to pick them up here in RI.

I bought them both when I did cards shows and they look like brand new!

Last edited by GoldenAge50s; 01-25-2024 at 05:15 PM.