NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued?

Posted By: mzm55

I recently found this card on an ebay search and was wondering if anyone could idenify it ? The card was issued in 1921 by C. Schulz and the symbol at the bottom looks just like w572 logo. At first I thought the card looked like I had seen it before but I searched oldcardboard and couldn't find anything, I found cards that looked almost the same but this card doesnt have the players name or team name at the bottom. Also I couldnt seem to find anything about the back of the card it looks as if it was part of some kind of game. The person selling the card claims it to be uncatalogued and I was wondering if anyone here could identify it better than the seller.

zach

www.picturetrail.com/Uncatalogued444

Old 07-26-2004, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued?

Posted By: leon

It was nice meeting you and your dad at the show. It's great to have some new young blood (Zach turned 15 last week) in the hobby so us old geezers can have someone to pass the torch to. This card obviously has the look of a W573 with some kind of playing card on the back, instead of it being blank. It also has a copyright date of 1921 so that is pretty easy to tell too. I would have to agree that it is definitely a WG-unc. Good find and good luck......and talk to ya soon....

Old 07-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued?

Thanks Leon I talked to you at dinner on how you set values on uncatalogued cards, just give a price and maybe it will be worth it, but do you think this card has any value if so how much ?

Old 07-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued?

Posted By: leon

In general game cards are not worth as much as most others. That coupled with the fact that it is also part of another very low priced issue, "w" cards, means it won't be too too valuable. Since it is cool and uncatalogued I would guess somewhere in the $25-$75 range.....but again, that is just a semi-educated guess......take care...and say hi to your dad for me...

Old 07-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued?

Thanks Leon for the help and I will tell my dad hi. As for the card I think i'm going to try and bid on it and see where it goes just to have an uncatalogued card in my collection. Thanks