NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Default Wagners at the National

Posted By: Chris

Wasn't there an open invitation for all T206 Honus Wagner owners to show off their card at the National? Any idea how many are displayed? Who owns them? For that matter, anyone know who owns some of the Wagners out there?

Old 07-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: mzm55

I saw a total of nine t206 Wagners, Mastro had eight on display including PSA 1s, one in a three, one in a five, and one graded authentic. PSA also had the PSA eight wagner on display.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gary B.

It seems almost worthwhile going to the national just for that! I would LOVE to see a t206 wagner in persn, even better several of them, and even better the psa 8 one! I wonder if the owner of those cards get anything for lending out their cards...

Old 07-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe P.

Any grade?
Graded or Ungraded?

Old 07-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

vg-ex/ex--ex? Nice front?

Old 07-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Pcelli60

What was the latest number anyone, has heard or read ,on how many Wagners are know to excist in any condition? Could it be 100+ ?

Old 07-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

It was pretty neat to see 8 Wagners lined up in the Mastronet display case -

Wow - that display case had some really choice items - N172 (Cal League cards, etc. - WOW!!!)

There were N172 Glasscock and Andrews cards available.... walk a few miles inside the building and you'd pretty much find what you wanted...

TIK's traveling museum was worth the price of admission (as usual).

Old 07-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe P.

Back in the late '80's early '90's, I was keeping an ownership track record of the Wagner's.
Why it was almost better than the genealogical research that I've been doing on my family.
It even included a Wagner that was put on auction by a friend of mine and won by an attorney out in California for $7,000.00.
Yes, 7 G's not 70 G's.
Before you ask me to send you a case of your favorite nectar - let me explain, and describe.
Let me see, the easiest way would be to put it this way.
Visualize if you will, (and try not to cry) a tobacco card that gives you the appearance that two Pit Bulls fought over it.
In other words, if you can visualize an irregular hour glass, you're getting the picture.
Back to your question, at that time, I knew where 45 of the Wagner's held court.
It was just me doing the research, and as more of them kept popping up, I lost interest.
Like yourself, 100+ wouldn't surprise me.
It's the only card I need, but I'm not about to even think of the asking price for the second hardest card in the set.
Happy collecting, and keep searching.
Joe