NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Dan McCarthy

Default Harry Pulliam Ball on eBay

Anybody pick this guy up?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was watching it pretty intently but it ended way outta my price range. I don't have much idea of what the value of such a ball is, and was wondering if the buyer got a good deal... obviously it's a rare signature because of Pulliam's tragic early death.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
William Peebles

Nice ball. I'd say the price was a bit low. I would have expected it to end around 1200 or so considering it's condition. The Pulliam signature is a stamp though. It was put there during production by Spalding.

http://www.huntingtonbaseballco.com
Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 PM

Default pullium

I was the person who was lucky enough to win this baseball. I am trying to collect one ball of each of the past league Presidents. I still need to get a Tenor-Lynch- and Young if they exist and also a nice Ban Johnson. The rest I have been able to find through the years. This is only the second Pullium I have ever seen so I am quite excited to pick it up. One last year in Hunt's November auction sold for $1552.00 including the 15% BP so I was happy with the price.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Steven Finley

Nice ball, congrats on the pickup.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
William Peebles

Congrats on the pickup sicollector1954! That's a terrific price for that ball. The seller's error in listing it kept the price very much in your favor. Good luck in finishing your quest!

http://www.huntingtonbaseballco.com
Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM

That ball is VERY Rare and I not been out of town all last week, I certainly would have bid up to $1000 at least (maybe or maybe not have won it but at least driven the price up). In 15-20 years of collecting I have only seen maybe 10 Pulliam balls ever and that includes major auctions/ebay etc. They are 100X-200X Rarer than even the 1909 Ban Johnson balls. Awesome pickup for about half the value on that one!

Rhys
Old 04-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Dan McCarthy

I'd never seen one of them before and had great difficulty finding any examples online -- glad to hear it went to a worthy home! I love the old baseballs with two-color stitching and am going to try to pick one up soon.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Sean Brennan

sure looks autographed to me, even has a little added thing that is faded?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Big League Baseballs

Incredible find, first I've ever seen with that variety of stamping. I'm also trying to find one of each, but my attempt at that ball was pathetic. Just can't hang with the high bidders right now! Who knows when, or if, I'll ever see one again?!

Sicollector, if you're open to it, I'd love to have some hi-res pictures of that ball on my site, for informational purposes. Can I email you about it? Or if it's better shoot me an email at BigLeagueBaseballs @ gmail.com. (minus spaces).

Would like to see what else you have as well.