NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: What is your response to the recent PWCC revelations?
1. I wasn't buying from or consigning to PWCC in the first place. 166 34.87%
I will no longer buy from/consign to PWCC. 163 34.24%
I will continue to buy from/consign to PWCC. 78 16.39%
I haven't decided 69 14.50%
Voters: 476. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
Exactly. I certainly don't care what one chooses to do with their money. I just find it ridiculous the moral authority that suggests you and I are bad actors for being willing to buy from them. I focus on my collection and mine only. For me I want to continue to build it and that means more to me than being worried about who I buy cards from.
You act like Brent got caught being mean to somebody's Mom. Allegedly, he's been caught red-handed committing fraud and conspiring to commit fraud. He's been a key player in an enterprise that has allegedly scammed hundreds, if not thousands, of fellow collectors out of hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not over a million by now). There's an ethical and legal precedence for this. We pass judgment on people that choose to do business with people like this.

You can buy a gun from a gun store but you don't get to head down to Park Place and buy a gun with the serial number filed off from Joe Gangster out of the trunk of his car. As a society we've established ethical norms and that's not okay. Doing business with people who allegedly commit fraud and try to hurt others for their own financial gain is not a personal preference, it is a conscious choice to go against the societal norms on ethics that have been established.

So, yeah, that's sort of where people are coming from when they say you shouldn't be doing business with him.

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 06-14-2019, 02:42 PM
John Startleman

This guy doesn't even care that the people he decides to do business with are committing fraud. Now imagine how much he cares about our opinions. He's the figurative embodiment of cognitive dissonance. It's like talking at a wall. He's the perfect PWCC/PSA/BGS victim, because he couldn't care less that he's being victimized. Let him sink.

Last edited by sportscardtheory; 06-14-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:36 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
You act like Brent got caught being mean to somebody's Mom. Allegedly, he's been caught red-handed committing fraud and conspiring to commit fraud. He's been a key player in an enterprise that has allegedly scammed hundreds, if not thousands, of fellow collectors out of hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not over a million by now). There's an ethical and legal precedence for this. We pass judgment on people that choose to do business with people like this.

You can buy a gun from a gun store but you don't get to head down to Park Place and buy a gun with the serial number filed off from Joe Gangster out of the trunk of his car. As a society we've established ethical norms and that's not okay. Doing business with people who allegedly commit fraud and try to hurt others for their own financial gain is not a personal preference, it is a conscious choice to go against the societal norms on ethics that have been established.

So, yeah, that's sort of where people are coming from when they say you shouldn't be doing business with him.

I believe in due process. There have been many people executed in the court of public opinion and not in all cases is wrong doing found. I can think of a very significant recent example.

We will find out if Brent is guilty of all of the crimes that have been alleged. They state in the article an investigation is taking place. If there is as much proof as some allege it will catch up to him. If that happens then I won't need to worry about buying from PWCC.

Brent built a better mouse trap and if he ruined it with greed that will be his own doing.

You have passed judgment on me for years so no concern here.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
I believe in due process. There have been many people executed in the court of public opinion and not in all cases is wrong doing found. I can think of a very significant recent example.

We will find out if Brent is guilty of all of the crimes that have been alleged. They state in the article an investigation is taking place. If there is as much proof as some allege it will catch up to him. If that happens then I won't need to worry about buying from PWCC.

Brent built a better mouse trap and if he ruined it with greed that will be his own doing.

You have passed judgment on me for years so no concern here.
We will find out if Brent is charged. There's actually irrefutable proof of what he's alleged. You're choosing to stick your head in the sand because it suits your current position.

As far as me passing judgment on you, I think that's a bit melodramatic. I watched for years while you pumped CU with hype about the cards you were "investing" in and only chimed in when you made statements of factual error. The one time I "passed judgment on you" was here, on Net54, when you admitted that you were propping up the Panini Tyson market because you had so much invested in it. You took a lot of people for a ride but that's all good because you learned about it in an economics class.

According to Harvard, 1 in every 25 people is a sociopath.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 06-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:

Arthur
David Hare and Linda Mealey both put it just above 1%. Your Harvard citation is the first time I've seen it claimed above 2%. Do you recall the name of the psychologist or whoever it was?
Old 06-16-2019, 05:34 AM
David Peck

Quote:
We will find out if Brent is charged. There's actually irrefutable proof of what he's alleged. You're choosing to stick your head in the sand because it suits your current position.

As far as me passing judgment on you, I think that's a bit melodramatic. I watched for years while you pumped CU with hype about the cards you were "investing" in and only chimed in when you made statements of factual error. The one time I "passed judgment on you" was here, on Net54, when you admitted that you were propping up the Panini Tyson market because you had so much invested in it. You took a lot of people for a ride but that's all good because you learned about it in an economics class.

Arthur
Haha

Took people for a ride? I have never bid more than $500 for a copy on EBAY. I got in on the ground floor and yes there has been a pattern of me making people aware of cards and watching them explode in value. It has been nice.

I still have my PSA 10, 5 PSA 9's an 8 and a UK 8 so I got the pump part right but I somehow screwed up the dump part.

Sociopath. Now that is a first. Sorry my collection is much more important to me than fitting in online with the crowd. If you feel better about yourself because you won't bid in a PWCC auction that is great. Life will go on for both of us.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:06 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

A very fine example of how "stuff trumps all".