NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-06-2020, 10:40 AM
Scott

Default What does Baseball mean?

Hey gang: I just wrote this a few days ago, and hoping to get it printed somewhere or published, especially if I can get paid a little something for it, with my issues. Let me know your opinions guys. Hope you enjoy it!!

Scott

BASEBALL, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

What does baseball mean? It means people playing this weird new game and having fun

What does baseball mean? It means the Flying Dutchman and The Cyclone in the first world series

What does baseball mean? It’s the Guys named Mugsy and Matty owning the world

What does baseball mean? It’s the sad unbelieving eyes of a little boy saying “Say it Ain’t so, Joe”

What does baseball mean? It’s the guy they call the Bambino smashing another one out of the yard

What does baseball mean? It mean’s the tearful farewell of a once Great man broken down by disease

What does baseball mean? It means the rivalry and brilliance of Teddy Ballgame and the Yankee Clipper

What does baseball mean? It means a fresh faced Oklahoma kid filling the shoes of a legend

What does baseball mean? It means the Mick becoming the idol of kids, men and women alike

What does baseball mean? It means the screams of a boy pulling a Mickey Mantle out of his first pack.

What does baseball mean? It means a strong courageous man fighting hard and breaking the barriers.

What does baseball mean? It means an old codger Casey leading his team to 5 straight series wins.

What does baseball mean? It means the Man, The Say Hey Kid and the Duke winning our hearts.

What does baseball mean? It means the lean kid named Sandy with the rocket arm and filthy curve.

What does Baseball mean? It means families and singles alike transporting themselves into a new dream

What does Baseball mean? It means new names Yaz, Tom Terrific, Schmidty, and the rest joining in.

What does Baseball mean? It means the pain of having to say goodbye too early to a yankees captain.

What does Baseball mean? It means a new game, big $, cheating, and controversy.

What does Baseball mean? It means it is bigger than its problems and will carry its way with the new stars

And for me? What does Baseball mean? The memorabilia, the smell of fresh cut grass, the Hot dog vendor hawking his wares, the sticky cotton candy, our cardboard heroes and the sound of “Play Ball”

But What does Baseball mean most for me? HEAVEN ON A DIAMOND

Scott Roberts 2020
Old 03-06-2020, 11:22 AM
Brendan Mullen

i thought it was good!
Old 03-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
i thought it was good!
Thank you sir!
Old 03-06-2020, 08:14 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Honestly, it sounds like an older gentleman wrote this. There has been 35 years of baseball since the last name you mentioned, and those 35 years certainly don't hold a monopoly on cheating, salary disputes and substance abuse.

I like where you are going, but give it some fresh ink - talk about the Unit, or Trout or Bo or Mo or Jeter, or any number of great players/teams in the last 35 years. There are still good things to come in baseball.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 03-07-2020, 05:51 AM
Ge0rge Tr0end1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Honestly, it sounds like an older gentleman wrote this.
I resemble that remark.