NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2018, 06:39 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

They have changed ALL turnaround times to estimated.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-11-2018, 06:47 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Sounds like PSAs new slogan should be "we'll get your card back to you at some point, and when we do we'll be fairly sure it's authentic and unaltered".

Sounds like a solid offering.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:53 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Sounds like PSAs new slogan should be "we'll get your card back to you at some point, and when we do we'll be fairly sure it's authentic and unaltered".

Sounds like a solid offering.
Or PSA/DNA " we'll failed 80% of everything, so keep resubmitting and eventually some will pass"

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-11-2018, 07:48 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Yes that may be so.. however, you are being charged by estimated time/service levels and the argument with your credit card issuer is "they are charging me for 10 day service level, my order did not get processed for 40 days." The card issuer usually agrees with the customer especially with egregious delays such as this...remember its not like they are waiting for parts or supplies from vendors and while PSA may be able to get away with say 11-15 days on a 10 day submittal with a voucher or two to drop it, 40 days I would guess wouldn't fly and you would win, get a credit back and PSA would lose out..

If enough people do that they will change for sure as part of their credit card pricing is based on chargeback ratios... and an increase for that reason will certainly sting...
Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 AM
Bob Davies

Thanks to all for the insight. Not being a lawyer, this makes an interesting read. Essentially paying for a service (in terms of time) that they basically do not deliver on.

If the turnaround times for the "fast" service is that far out, has it made all levels behind?

Thanks for the link to the CU page, and the message from Joe O. One comment I found interesting is the following:
"We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time."

Seriously, how hard is it to train someone on how to grade a card? Here are the 5, 10, or 15 things we look at (I have no idea), and here are the tools we supply you to do this. I think putting a Big Mac might be slightly less complicated.

I can only take a perspective from what I do for a living, which is IT system deployment and implementation. It's not like these folks are being trained on the latest SAP release, or an Oracle Financials system implementation.

Last edited by Stampsfan; 02-12-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:19 AM
Jim B.

My experience with PSA - submitted a 1967 Planet of the Apes pack in unbelievable Gem Mint shape - it came back in a PSA 8 holder with a nice big tear in one of the corners. The slabbing of the pack reduced the value by 75%.
What a deal!!!!
I have never dealt with their professional services after that incident.

I also don't understand the fascination with PSA. How nice of a card can we stick in our holder and throw a "1" on the slab. Who needs 'em. My business all goes to SGC. Much more realistic grades.

Last edited by BabyRuth; 02-12-2018 at 03:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:16 AM
Robert Williams

Yes...their treatment of their customers is definitely making me rethink using them in the near future. I know I got the group sub going on, but damn. I really don't like how they are treating people.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 AM
Johnny MaZilli

In my opinion people use PSA for one major reason that being resale value. Until their prodcut, aka slabbed product, takes a hit in future sales I see nothing changing. I believe they have hired a bunch of new graders, many of which do not know vintage or have yet to learn it. Hopefully things will improve. It will take time. Another cycle to go through. I'm in it for the long run so I just roll with the punches. Maybe next year it will only take one or two times for them to grade vintage properly.

John Marsili

Last edited by Johnny630; 02-12-2018 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Relax. I have received word that PSA is actively training new recruits as we speak. And as soon as the new season of "Blue's Clues" ends, they promise to pick up the pace.

5sensesalt.jpg
Old 02-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Thanks to all for the insight. Not being a lawyer, this makes an interesting read. Essentially paying for a service (in terms of time) that they basically do not deliver on.

If the turnaround times for the "fast" service is that far out, has it made all levels behind?

Thanks for the link to the CU page, and the message from Joe O. One comment I found interesting is the following:
"We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time."

Seriously, how hard is it to train someone on how to grade a card? Here are the 5, 10, or 15 things we look at (I have no idea), and here are the tools we supply you to do this. I think putting a Big Mac might be slightly less complicated.

I can only take a perspective from what I do for a living, which is IT system deployment and implementation. It's not like these folks are being trained on the latest SAP release, or an Oracle Financials system implementation.
Internal Memo from Joe O:

Due to our backlog of items to be graded, graders lunch breaks are being temporarily suspended until we catch up. However, to be humane, big macs will now be served in the grading room. Remember the appropriate grade reductions for sauce, cheese and onions on the cards you are grading.

BM1.jpeg

BM 2.jpeg

BM 3.jpeg

BM3.jpeg

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 02-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

Default Hmmm

I got told a new one today...apparently your turnaround time doesn’t start till 24hrs after they enter it in their system. They have always told me it had started once entered in the system. Just another excuse to get a extra day outta ya.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:02 AM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

I received a phone call at 10PM EST one night from someone at PSA who chewed me out over a post I made on their forum about a questionable Gretzky auto. The person who laid me out said that Joe Orlando read the post and banned me for it. That's cool, no worries, but the call was unprofessional and unnecessary. When the phone rang that late my first reaction was that something bad happened to someone in my family. I really shouldn't give them another cent but, to me, aesthetically PSA's cases are perfect. I send cards every month - and they're always late to log in and pop. I'm in no hurry, so it doesn't really bother me.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:22 AM
Richard L.

That took a lot of balls on their part! Can you imagine what would have happened if you took Joe’s hair brush and tooth whitener? Unprofessional is an understatement! That company stock drop must be getting to him?