NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-14-2014, 10:38 AM
J@son.K

Default Live Sports Auctions and GAI

I really feel bad for the bidders who bid on this stuff. How are these guys still around?
https://livesportsauctions.com/catalog.aspx

Everything on this auction site is authenticated by GAI. On top of that, most of the balls are signed on "Official League" balls...not OML balls (except for a few like Koufax).
Just look at these Koufaxs:

Everything else to the Puig, D.Ortiz, Pedro Martinez, M.Tanaka, Darvish, the simplified Ichiro ball, ...they all look really bad to me.

How are they still around and why do people keep bidding on here? I thought GAI was shut down a couple of years ago. Did they get revived? http://www.ebay.com/gds/BEWARE-OF-GA...7237007/g.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gai.jpg (6.4 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg gai3.jpg (7.5 KB, 314 views)

Last edited by Leon; 06-14-2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: resize pictures
Old 06-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Mike Kaminski

It's all GAI/ACE junk
Old 06-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Crai.g Co.ok

I've actually bought numerous of items from them and all has been good. I even submitted several of the items to PSA/JSA and they all have come back legit. Good service, good auction house; just my opinion.

Also those Koufax balls look good to me.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
I've actually bought numerous of items from them and all has been good. I even submitted several of the items to PSA/JSA and they all have come back legit. Good service, good auction house; just my opinion.

Hmm... first post..
Old 06-21-2014, 12:12 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Again the early items from GAI are supposed to be good, so maybe this guy bought items with early GAI COAs. It would be interesting to find out the dates on GAI certs that were good and when they went " questionable".
Personally I buy nothing from GAI .
Old 06-21-2014, 02:08 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Personally I buy nothing from GAI .
^^^This ^^^

If it has a GAI cert I pass on it.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Crai.g Co.ok

These actually were GA authentics.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:48 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Quote:
These actually were GA authentics.
Same company. GAI changed to GA to try and clean up their image.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:03 PM
JT R0berts

freddy; "Also those Koufax balls look good to me."

Those Koufax autographs are horrible.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Crai.g Co.ok

I'm sorry they look identical to this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JSA KOUFAX.jpg (30.5 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by freddy; 06-21-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:44 PM
JT R0berts

Those two are not even close to the JSA one, and the two above are not even close to each other.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:

Can we get full names on this thread?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Can we get full names on this thread?
+1
Old 06-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Wayne Walker

I will agree that the two Koufax autos in the OP are bad and do not resemble the certed one shown later (or each other).

I will also agree that I won't touch anything certed by GAI or GA.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 06-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Richard Simon

Who the f--- is this Freddy?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

GA means God Awful. They are the new Dondald. GAI was not much better. The where going broke and made a deal with B&J to authenticate every piece of garbage in there house.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Steve Zarelli

A stunningly detailed thread was posted on Autograph Magazine Live last night.

Global Authentics, Bob Gryder, Steve Sipe and the Western Forgery Ring

It remains to be seen if the accusations are true, but if so, it could be a watershed moment in the hobby.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Who the f--- is this Freddy?
Fred Cook is most likely the guy who owns Livesportsauctions.com named Craig Cook. He has been selling fakes for almost 2 years through the site, a bimonthly card show in KC and through other auctions.

He claims he arranges signings for guys like Jeter, Puig, Tanaka, Jordan, Kobe or he purchased the hundreds of Ace Authentic (banned by ebay) or Ga items from other auctions houses (who when contacted) have never heard of him

Basically Freddie is a guy who rips off Grandpa and anyone who doesn't know better and gets way with it because there is no regulation in the autograph industry.

The good news is that the majority of major collectors in the KC area (and on the internet) are aware of "him" and his practices--My name is Cody Cook (no relation) nothing to hide I'm one of the largest personal collectors in the KC area and first hand have seen the damage "Freddy" has done to innocent victims

Last edited by touchdowntimekc; 06-24-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Per our board rules every person giving an opinion in this thread (or any thread for that matter) needs their full name in their post. If you don't put it there then I will. Any questions, please post them. Just trying to keep it real.

edited to add, Freddy does look to be Craig, from info I have, so his name has been changed and is now under his id in all of his posts. Welcome aboard Craig.

Last edited by Leon; 06-24-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Zip, I have to tell you that nothing but nothing is going to happen. I know of a case that for five years the FBI has allowed a group of people to sell over 25 million dollars of forged material and turned there eyes. It is a joke.
They have all the evidence you need to arrest them but they keep handing it off to someone else to someone else and it never ends. Yes they got Mastro but these guys are worse in many ways. They get all the little people and Military men and women. The FBI just sits on there a-s and do nothing. It is no longer a joke anymore it is disguesting.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:50 AM

I agree with Shelly...nobody cares..People want to believe it's real or if they know it's not...then they realize there is a resale market and they can flip it themselves

Nobody stands up for what is right because most likely directly or indirectly a lot of people are somewhat invested.

All the scammers do is play dumb and ignorant while they take peoples money..Look how many fake items GA "authenticates" and they have A BBB rating because people don't care what is right...it's all about the benjamins
Old 06-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Per our board rules every person giving an opinion in this thread (or any thread for that matter) needs their full name in their post. If you don't put it there then I will. Any questions, please post them. Just trying to keep it real.

edited to add, Freddy does look to be Craig, from info I have, so his name has been changed and is now under his id in all of his posts. Welcome aboard Craig.
Thanks Cody for the info outing this scumbag. I'm sure Mike, Richard and I aren't the only ones to smell a rat.
Everyone needs to take into account the integrity of the individual posting. And from what I see, this guy is an asshole without any integrity whatsoever. To come on here and post a defense of this crap anonymously (then with a fake name when questioned), all the while being the perpetrator, shows exactly what we as a hobby are up against.
Oh, and welcome Craig! Go take a dirt nap.

Last edited by Deertick; 06-24-2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: forgot mike
Old 06-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
I'm sorry they look identical to this one.
Did you think we are stupid?
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Did you think we are stupid?
Too Funny. I admire you so much Richard. You are a speck of gold in a cess pool.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 AM

Now craig or freddy is accusing me of slander, lol

http://live.autographmagazine.com/fo...ource=activity

I think he did a good job of slandering himself if you ask me

Last edited by touchdowntimekc; 06-25-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:19 AM

My message to you Craig is to stop selling fake autographs...You have knowingly sold 1000's of fake autographs over the past year and made a lot of money hurting honest & good people.

Your lies have caught up to you and there is a group of people who have bought from you directly that are pissed.

Quit the games and the BS because more people than you know are on to you. Oh if you want to play the game of accusing me of slander... that right there is slandering my name and unlike you I've done nothing wrong.

So if you want to play that game I'll play and I'll win
Old 06-25-2014, 10:01 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

The only thing intentical are the baseballs.

Last edited by shelly; 06-25-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Brandon Raber

Slander is only valid if the statement is false (and spoken). I think what Craig means is Libel (published untrue statement). Craig as the "victim", you have the burden of proof. Let's hear it.

Last edited by t206trader; 06-25-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Libel, not Slander...
Old 06-25-2014, 11:51 AM

craig also is selling on ebay under ccook501

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ccook501

some really nice stuff he is selling, lol but if you look at his recent sales it's disgusting people buy the stuff
Old 06-25-2014, 12:12 PM

If you look at his ebay feedback he has been selling mass amounts of GA/GAI/ACE forgeries since 2008....Just amazing 1000's of items
Old 06-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Richard Simon

This sh-- will never stop.
Once in a while a scumbag gets caught and goes to prison, but that is rare.
The FBI has been handed a huge case on a silver platter, huge forgery ring, and I know for a fact that nothing is being done now about this particular case. Perhaps something will happen but at the present time nothing.
Makes me want to give it all up, the business and the collection. It is so damn discouraging.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-25-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206trader View Post
Slander is only valid if the statement is false (and spoken). I think what Craig means is Libel (published untrue statement). Craig as the "victim", you have the burden of proof. Let's hear it.

Craig you can sue me for what ever. If tha Puig is authentic I will give you five thousand. You on the other hand send it to PSA or Jsa and trust me it makes me sick to have you do it. If it comes back bad you owe me a thousand. I am talking the ones you have up for sale that have been authenticated by GAI. They can also sue me for slander I am right next door to them. I would love to see them in court. You cant switch them I have already down loaded the photo. From Morales to ACE, GA and the rest, Garbage is garbage and you people are garbage.
I just posted slander or wait a minute. I just posted my opinon just like you creeps do.

Last edited by shelly; 06-25-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Craig you can sue me for what ever. If tha Puig is authentic I will give you five thousand. You on the other hand send it to PSA or Jsa and trust me it makes me sick to have you do it. If it comes back bad you owe me a thousand. I am talking the ones you have up for sale that have been authenticated by GAI. They can also sue me for slander I am right next door to them. I would love to see them in court. You cant switch them I have already down loaded the photo. From Morales to ACE, GA and the rest garbage is garbage and you people are garbage.
I just posted slander or wait a minute. I just posted my opinon just like you creeps do.
Below is a link to my original Derek Jeter Global Authentics thread.

Steve Sipe blamed this mess on everyone but himself. It is my opinion that Mr. Sipe knew exactly what was going on inside his company.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...aphed-baseball

As for the "Florida" forgeries, it's disgusting.

I made purchases years ago for a certain agency and still nothing has happened. Some of my purchases are still in my possession, and just recently purchased more items.

I will be doing a YouTube video soon on those aforementioned purchases. I've waited long enough.

Tags
craig cook, livesportsauctions.com