NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Ryan

Default I mean really?

I don't even know where to start on this one. GREAT Description paragraph

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-T206-Ty...item25adce457a
Old 09-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Ben North

I really don't have a problem with this type of listing. Says reprint several times and it is a cool novelty item.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:52 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I really don't have a problem with this type of listing. Says reprint several times and it is a cool novelty item.
And if the "PLEASE READ BEFORE BIDDING" in the title doesn't slap you upside the head, then probably nothing will.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:05 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Let's look at the description again:

Bought a bunch of cards years ago to decorate my man cave and this was one of them. I was told that they are reprints, even though they look 100% Authentic & the labels or cards don't say reprint. So, it might be real!
Great display piece and will be the topic of conversation for anyone who sees it. It was slabbed this way for display purposes. I can't begin to tell you how many people asked me if I would sell it. They had no clue this was a reprint. When I told them, they couldn't believe it because it looks 100% Authentic. A few people even said I was wrong and wanted to buy it anyway. I would just laugh and say "its not for sale".
A few said I was wrong and wanted to buy it. I would just laugh and say "it's not for sale". Yeah, right. After reading this, I believe it is real and all his friends are right!!.

An absolute must have to show your family and friends how awesome your collection is or just to decorate around your home.

Would make a nice coaster for your sweet tea glass.

Last edited by xplainer; 09-22-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:45 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

I have more of a problem with the stupid phrase "man cave" than I do with the reprints. If you're going to buy a Cobb T-206 you should know the difference between a reprint in a weird plastic case and the real deal.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default Wagner

.. or a reprint E95 Wagner

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-E95-Phi...item25ae089dab
Old 09-23-2015, 05:31 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default fake

all of his cards are fake.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocarroll View Post
I don't even know where to start on this one. GREAT Description paragraph

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-T206-Ty...item25adce457a
A pre-war collector shouldn't need to read the description after a glance at the card.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM
Ryan

I think you are getting my point on this with what you highlighted. Its not that he's trying to sell this and fake people out person to person. He's trying to tell people that they can do that to someone else because he's had tons of opportunities to do so but because of his ethics he did not. But for all you "unethical" people out there this is the type of card you could buy and sell as an original if you are into that sort of thing. Not that he is or anything "wink wink", but if you are this is the one that you can easily do that with. Doesn't say reprint or anything on it he says. Why say that in the description if that is not what you are alluding to.

I think for the most part we are getting past people trying to pass off reprints as originals and make money from them on ebay because they will get popped for it with buyer protection. Now its buy this reprint that looks so real and then you can take this card off the ebay site and sell it yourself as an original at your local flea market. That's the direction most of these guys are going now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplainer View Post
Let's look at the description again:

Bought a bunch of cards years ago to decorate my man cave and this was one of them. I was told that they are reprints, even though they look 100% Authentic & the labels or cards don't say reprint. So, it might be real!
Great display piece and will be the topic of conversation for anyone who sees it. It was slabbed this way for display purposes. I can't begin to tell you how many people asked me if I would sell it. They had no clue this was a reprint. When I told them, they couldn't believe it because it looks 100% Authentic. A few people even said I was wrong and wanted to buy it anyway. I would just laugh and say "its not for sale".
A few said I was wrong and wanted to buy it. I would just laugh and say "it's not for sale". Yeah, right. After reading this, I believe it is real and all his friends are right!!.

An absolute must have to show your family and friends how awesome your collection is or just to decorate around your home.

Would make a nice coaster for your sweet tea glass.

Last edited by rocarroll; 09-23-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:36 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I disagree. He says he was told it is a reprint but then goes on to say it doesn't say reprint on the card and some people have believed it's real. In my opinion, he's trying to fool someone into thinking it might be real, or like someone else added in this thread that whoever buys this card can try to pass it off as a real card.

I would say the description is at best misleading to someone not familiar with vintage cards.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I disagree. He says he was told it is a reprint but then goes on to say it doesn't say reprint on the card and some people have believed it's real. In my opinion, he's trying to fool someone into thinking it might be real, or like someone else added in this thread that whoever buys this card can try to pass it off as a real card.

I would say the description is at best misleading to someone not familiar with vintage cards.
agree
Old 09-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

I'm seeing tons of these beauties. My favorite part is that these are "forever encased." Hell no they're not. Not after I crack them out and send them to PSA. Or maybe GAI.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
I'm seeing tons of these beauties. My favorite part is that these are "forever encased." Hell no they're not. Not after I crack them out and send them to PSA. Or maybe GAI.
I think GAI/Global Authority is finally completely out of business. I don't think Damian Werner is still running it out of his garage in Iowa because their website has been gone for a long time. A person can only hope those lying thieves are out of business anyway.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I think GAI/Global Authority is finally completely out of business. I don't think Damian Werner is still running it out of his garage in Iowa because their website has been gone for a long time. A person can only hope those lying thieves are out of business anyway.
The website maybe gone, but i've heard from people that they are still getting cards graded, so his garage is still open for business.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmokramer View Post
The website maybe gone, but i've heard from people that they are still getting cards graded, so his garage is still open for business.
"GA" is still around. They renamed it.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
"GA" is still around. They renamed it.
What is the new name and is it still Damian doing it in his garage?
Old 09-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmokramer View Post
I have a garage so maybe I could be a grading company?