NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Jeff

Default Ebay picture / description discrepancy

There is a card on ebay that has the picture of a Cubs player but the description of a Phillies player. I would like to buy the Cubs card and have emailed the seller without response trying to find out if it is the Phillies or Cubs card that is truly for sale. If I bid and win, is the seller obligated to sell me the Cubs card as pictured or the Phillies card as written?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Dave

"Obligate" is a strong word. Sounds like a listing mistake. Check his previous listing before this one to see if it gives any clues as to his intentions, and don't bid until you know exactly what is for sale.

Sometimes a description or a photo gets carried over from the previous listing. I have done this by mistake a few times with my own listings and sometimes don't even catch it until somebody e-mails to let me know my mistake.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:51 PM

Yes, I think we all have done at this at one time or another. As a rule of thumb, I have always assumed that if the scan doesn't match the detailed write-up, the scan was wrong. If there is an identical scan on a correct write-up, that's a no brainer.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Matt Hall

Check his completed listings to see if he already sold the Cubs card. I have seen sellers make this mistake a few times and In my experience, they are selling the card described in the title.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Jeff

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice. After a couple emails, he finally put up the scan of the card that matched the description and also made the Cubs card for sale.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default not that you were going to....

Not that you were going to but I personally wouldn't hold a seller to an honest mistake as you described, nor would I want to be held to an honest mistake. Glad it got worked out...
Old 10-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Jeff

Default correct

Leon, you are correct that I would not put the guys feet to the fire for an honest mistake. Had a similar problem a few years ago when a seller was selling some Exhibits. We know there are subtle differences between 1925s and 1926s, etc. and the seller had photos that did not match descriptions, etc. When you are working on those sets, the correct year means a great deal. Then when the cards were sent out, he got them all mixed up. There was considerable angst amongst a couple people who did not get the right card. I was not one of those people with the angst, by the way.
Now, this new situation developed and I was just wondering if there was an actual ebay policy if a person accidentally wrote up one card and added a picture of another. It would be good to know if requesting a refund.