NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2017, 06:16 AM
M1ke Ant1$ta

Default 10% eBay Bucks

Just popped up this morning. Good for purchases in excess of $50 until 2/15/17.

Add in ebates (currently 1% on sports memorabilia...) and your at 11%.

Hopefully many of you received the invite as well.

Mike

Do yourself a favor and sign up for Ebates - save $$$
on online purchases including cards on ebay. I have saved over $700 so far which = free cards!

www.ebates.com
Old 02-13-2017, 07:20 AM

Default rebate

got it; big thanks OP!
jim
Old 02-13-2017, 07:28 AM
Jason Wells

Perfect timing for once on some auctions ending. I usually have to use the BIN to get the bonus bucks before expiration. Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Bruce Fairchild

Thanks for the heads up. I did receive it but can't seem to find the "details". Is there a maximum?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Bruce Fairchild

Never mind, found it at the bottom of the email.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Bruce Fairchild

I have a question, It states a max of $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. I hope to win several auctions tonight, maybe totaling $2K. Should I ask the seller to break up my bill so I will get $100 for one transaction and another $100 for a second?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:41 AM
D.mitr.y D.

Got this in my account this time and upped one of my max bids by 10%, which was just enough to win it!
Old 02-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

The rule says "Up to $100 in eBay Bucks per transaction (regardless of the number of items purchased in that transaction)."

Maybe I am wrong above and you should ask him to bill them separately. Kind of ambiguous.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:18 PM
I@n Cl@rke

If they are listed as separate lots, you'll earn up to the max amount on each item, regardless of whether it's the same seller.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TistaT202 View Post
Just popped up this morning. Good for purchases in excess of $50 until 2/15/17.

Add in ebates (currently 1% on sports memorabilia...) and your at 11%.

Hopefully many of you received the invite as well.

Mike

Mike- Was there a code involved?
Thanks,
Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 02-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Dave Johnson

I did not get the invite this month either...which stinks...I finally have something I was waiting to buy!
Old 02-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Bruce Fairchild

Thanks for the replies
Old 02-14-2017, 07:04 AM
M1ke Ant1$ta

Default Code

Raymond, there is no code, as its not one of those flash sales. You have to have received the invite in your messages from eBay. Never sure how they decide who to send them to...but they have been appearing with increased frequency for me over the past 2 months.

Mike

Do yourself a favor and sign up for Ebates - save $$$
on online purchases including cards on ebay. I have saved over $700 so far which = free cards!

www.ebates.com
Old 02-14-2017, 11:41 AM
B. Schneid.
Ben Sch.neider

But does this apply to cards/sports memorabilia?
Old 02-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nasty Nati View Post
But does this apply to cards/sports memorabilia?
Yes.

Purchases from these categories don't qualify for eBay Bucks:

eBay Motors categories, including Parts & Accessories

Classifieds

Coins & Paper Money > Bullion

Real Estate

eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards and Digital Gift purchases in the Gift Cards & Coupons category

Business & Industrial > Heavy Equipment
Old 02-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Bruce Fairchild

Just checkout, earned $109.72 in eBay Bucks. I didn't have to have two invoices.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:44 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceinGa View Post
Just checkout, earned $109.72 in eBay Bucks. I didn't have to have two invoices.
Sounds right, again as long as items are listed different separately, they should all count regardless of whether they're from the same seller, or invoiced together. $109 is a nice score for you!
Old 02-15-2017, 02:08 PM
C@rl P@rk

For those of us who never get these eBay bucks promo offers, I just got off the phone with eBay... I used to get these eBay bucks multiplier offers all the time and generally took advantage of them. I haven't gotten an offer since June of 2015. eBay confirmed that all of my communications preferences were set correctly and they "apologized" and said "these offers are random and there's nothing they can do." I asked if I've just been extremely unlucky to not get an offer for the better part of two years, and my agent said yes. I ended the call by wishing they had a viable competitor. So there's the non-answer I got to all that were wondering why eBay hates them like they hate me.

Last edited by KingFisk; 02-15-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:46 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
For those of us who never get these eBay bucks promo offers, I just got off the phone with eBay... I used to get these eBay bucks multiplier offers all the time and generally took advantage of them. I haven't gotten an offer since June of 2015. eBay confirmed that all of my communications preferences were set correctly and they "apologized" and said "these offers are random and there's nothing they can do." I asked if I've just been extremely unlucky to not get an offer for the better part of two years, and my agent said yes. I ended the call by wishing they had a viable competitor. So there's the non-answer I got to all that were wondering why eBay hates them like they hate me.
I've made the same phone call a couple times and was told the same thing. One time they felt bad for me and added $20 eBay Bucks to my account. I just find it hard to believe that it is random yet some people get included almost every time and some are never included
James
Old 02-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Doubt very much its random. Everytime in the last year someone has announced on this board an award of 8 or 10% I've gotten it. I'm not that lucky.

One think I do is usually have a pretty good watch list most times. Wonder if that's not a factor they could consider in deciding whether a sweetener would get a nice item purchased.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:44 PM
Kev1n @1les

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Doubt very much its random. Everytime in the last year someone has announced on this board an award of 8 or 10% I've gotten it. I'm not that lucky.

One think I do is usually have a pretty good watch list most times. Wonder if that's not a factor they could consider in deciding whether a sweetener would get a nice item purchased.
Same - and I have not bought on several of the deals - as I am committed to only buying cards that were good value and what I needed.

I have worried that at some point, I will lose the offers if I don't start buying soon - but the list continues to be full so maybe that is why they keep sending...

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 02-16-2017, 08:40 AM
C@rl P@rk

I buy pretty frequently, a few times a month, but am frozen out of these offers. I guess their algortithm figures they don't need to give me an incentive to buy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
I buy pretty frequently, a few times a month, but am frozen out of these offers. I guess their algortithm figures they don't need to give me an incentive to buy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I make a lot of purchases throughout the month. Spend a good chunk of money with them. I think they take that into account plus how many items you are watching.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Larry More.y

For years, I have received EVERY offer such as this on both my buying account and my selling account. The offer for this week is the first I have not received on either account.....I have bought very little this week, likely would have bought more if I had the offer
Old 02-16-2017, 06:03 PM

how does the ebates deal work?