NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2016, 07:42 PM
C@rl P@rk

Default Dreaming of cards

Maybe somewhat OT but after years of having this happen off and on, was curious if any of you out there ever have vivid dreams about baseball cards? Probably have had these for the last ten years, even though I only got back into collecting three years ago. My dreams usually involve walking into a shop and looking through stacks of cards and finding dozens of Carlton Fisk cards I have never seen before (because they don't exist in real life....my subconscious has made up some pretty awesome ones.) When it's not the Fisk cards I am rifling through, it's usually wax boxes or binders full of nonexistent issues. I invariably wake up disappointed that the cards weren't real, and my collection didn't expand. I am sure this recurring dream means something else, but it is always a fun one to have. This happen to anyone else?

Last edited by KingFisk; 05-30-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:35 PM

When I was a kid I would often dream about finding baseball cards all over the ground. Piles and piles of them. And the great part:

one day it came true.

I was walking home from school and found baseball cards all over the playground. I scooped up as many as I could. (1990 Topps, if I recall.) Now, the dream come true part wasn't as good as the dreams were. In the armful of cards that I carried home there were zero stars. Nary a Carlton Fisk to be found. In retrospect it's obvious what happened; someone got their hands on an unopened box or two, kept all the good cards, and literally dropped all the dreck on the ground. But it was pretty exciting for a kid.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:52 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

I'll confess. After poring over ebay listings for three hours I go to bed and do the same thing in my dreams.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have memories more than dreams. I remember opening up packs at the ballpark (little league) and having the sticks of gum stacked high. That was late 1960s - early 1970s. I will never forget the smell of that gum. I hope I don't start dreaming about them as I embark on some of the same cards I collected out of packs as a kid.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:48 AM
Josh

Not baseball related , but still a dream about cards:
When I first joined a card collecting website my collection focus was NHL enforcers. That year the company In The Game released a set dedicated to enforcers, and I had a dream I bought a box of it.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:32 PM

Default Lucid dreaming can cause cardboard cuts

As much as I dream about them doing hours I am conscious, I surprisingly have not had cards creep much into my nocturnal dreams. When I was much younger I do remember having dreams of finding bunches of them at the top of garbage cans. The closest I have come to realizing this dream is when I purchased some Nap Lajoie game cards from a seller on ebay about 5 or 6 years ago who claimed he found them dumpster diving.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 05-31-2016 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added to to end of in
Old 05-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Bry@n

I tell my wife that I was dreaming about cards every time I happen to say "oh yeah, babe" in my sleep.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Bill O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
I tell my wife that I was dreaming about cards every time I happen to say "oh yeah, babe" in my sleep.
Big LOL!!
Old 05-31-2016, 04:16 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Almost without fail, anytime I dream about cards it's in the context of a nightmare--- "where my box of cards go??" or "OMG someone stole my cards"! Great thing about these dreams, is there is no let down upon waking.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Bryan, do I correctly assume that your wife realizes that you are referring to Babe Ruth?
Val