NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-08-2015, 10:45 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
I appreciate what you are saying; however, by your definition this Ambrose Puttman card can be considered the "rarest"....as it's back is irrelevant.

TED Z

No by my definition that still wouldn't qualify. That is clearly a t206 proof, not a t206 that was to be mass produced but changed in the process (Like the Doyle and Magie).

[QUOTE=tedzan;1363972]

Furthermore, you refer to a "typical" T206 collector....it's been my experience dealing with many T206 collectors for the past 33 years....that after they have put together a
near complete T206 set....it doesn't stop there.

The Monster has you "addicted". Many collectors will continue the hunt for player sub-sets with all their possible backs. Or, team sets of players with all their possible backs.

TED Z

I didn't refer to a "typical" t206 collector. I referred to a typcial t206 set collector. In which case the set is defined by one of each front with exclusion to what is on the back. There are tough front/back combos but they come into play for other subsets, in which case new "rarities" are defined. For instance if you are trying to build a set of just the backs, you may say the Old Mill Brown is the rarest, and Piedmont 350 is the easiest to find even though a Shaw Piedmont 350 isn't easy. So you are mixing two thought processes.

Your original statement about the rarest t206 being the Doyle is made in reference to building a front set not in regards to a full Master Set with all the front and back combos.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show your T206 card(s) that are more scarce than the JOE DOYLE NAT'L card

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post

No by my definition that still wouldn't qualify. That is clearly a t206 proof, not a t206 that was to be mass produced but changed in the process (Like the Doyle and Magie).

I didn't refer to a "typical" t206 collector. I referred to a typcial t206 set collector. In which case the set is defined by one of each front with exclusion to what is on the back.

Andy

"RARITY" .... is a function of a market driven phenomena. Therefore, it is collector based. And, there are a fair number of T206 collectors that seek certain front / back combos,
printing flaws, and yes...Proofs. I think you will agree that not all collectors strive to complete a 520-card (or whatever) T206 set.

Secondly, Sports and Non-Sports Sets since the 19th Century that are comprised of cards that have printing on their fronts and backs are defined by both factors. They cannot
be considered separate entities [i.e. Set A (fronts), Set B (backs)].

I do not want to get into a semantics discussion here. That's not the purpose of this thread. It was intended to have some fun showing off Net54er's various scarce T206 cards.

TED Z
Old 01-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Show your T206 card(s) that are more scarce than the JOE DOYLE NAT'L card

1 of only 2 graded (Highest graded)

TED Z
Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Steve Woe.lfel

Default Schaeffer Uzit

Ted, I think that Germany Schaeffer UZIT is one of the coolest cards that I've ever seen!!

I'm sure my first Uzit is still a few years down the road, but that is the type of card that I would want. It would probably only grade authentic, but I think the punch out pattern makes it all that much more interesting!! Once again, I'm floored by one of your cards!

Great thread everyone!!
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hi Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf441 View Post

Ted, I think that Germany Schaeffer UZIT is one of the coolest cards that I've ever seen!!

I'm sure my first Uzit is still a few years down the road, but that is the type of card that I would want. It would probably only grade authentic, but I think the punch out pattern makes it all that much more interesting!! Once again, I'm floored by one of your cards!

Great thread everyone!!

This Schaefer card is the first UZIT that I acquired when I started putting together my T206 sub-set of the various T-brands.
I got this card at the Cooperstown Show in the Summer of 1989. I paid only $20 for it.

Also, I like the bold blue ink back on this card. Many UZIT cards have pale blue backs.

TED Z
Old 01-09-2015, 07:26 AM

Ted- yes, majority of Uzits have faded backs...here's mine, one of the boldest i've ever seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UZIT_Mullin.jpg (66.9 KB, 657 views)
File Type: jpg UZIT_Mullin_B.jpg (48.3 KB, 656 views)
Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Very rare OLD MILL's....less than 5 examples are known of each of these 4 subjects

TED Z
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
LOOKING for these T206 guys to complete my EXCLUSIVE 12 run of OLD MILL cards (12 subjects)

..... Duffy ..... Gandil ..... Geyer ..... Hummel ..... Pfeffer ..... Sheckard ..... Tannehill ..... Wheat