NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Default Recent Bullsh*t Posts!!!

Posted By: MVSNYC

guys, i am fairly new here (2 months or so)...i really enjoyed it in the beginning, when all you saw were posts on the subtle nuances & differences between the 1914 cracker jacks vs. 1915 set...or how amazing the blue sky & clouds on wee-willie keeler's T206 card looks...

BUT, as of late all i see is garbage posts slinging mud...

Can we please get back to cards?!

Michael Sarno
New York City

Old 11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Damian

You forgot to put "O/T"

Old 11-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Ther's a difference between 1914 and 1915 Cracker Jacks?

Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I totally agree with you. I have a difficult position of allowing free speech and keeping the board focused on vintage baseball cards. I will not censor any bashing of myself or the way the board is run, per the board rules. I don't feel it's my right to do that. I will respond but will not censor. I do have the authority to keep us on track, otherwise, and will try to do a better job in the future.....at the risk of being accused of censoring. I think your comments are well founded and deserved. Must be the full moon or something....

Old 11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

After being guilty of "bickering" myself, I'd also like to get back on topic. Save the arguements for spouses folks, thats what they are there for. In any manner, 13 down 511 to go towards the T206's. woohoo

Old 11-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

The ironic thing is that Sean's crazy posts, while CRAZY, often times had some content in them that made it worth reading. The posts lately are hilarious to me... makes me feel very, very mature for my age.

Keep up the great work, Leon. Hopefully the colors in the banners on the site don't cause anyone any seizures and you won't be liable (insert smiley face here). By the way, how much is an ad?

Take care,
Kyle

Old 11-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Michael- I'm with you completely and no question the board has been in a temporary state of chaos. I've found that after a while it gets back on track and things calm down. Best antidote is to start an interesting thread about a vintage card and everyone will begin to refocus.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Best way to distinguish a 1914 Cracker Jack for a 1915 one is that the 1914 cards are a year older...

Old 11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

... with the 1915's following approximately one year later.

Actually, I think the restlessness of the natives and general board chaos may be related to ... low level of actual card action lately? Here it is Nov 8, and we are still on the first November pick up thread which is up to 47 posts and has almost disappeared off the first page a few times. I think the PU threads are a good rough barometer of card activity, and right now it seems low low low to me. So we are collectively turning on each other to feed until some cards start turning up to buy. lol

Joann

Old 11-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I was serious.... the way to tell the two Cracker Jack issues apart is to look at the labels at the tops of the slabs. E145-1s will have "1914 Cracker Jack" on there, and E145-2s will have "1915 Cracker Jack" on there. The 1914s are a year older, and are E145-1s.

I used to recall all of the other ways to distinguish the two, and didn't know about label reading. But after looking at posts for a while, this label reading is all I can recall. How could it be an old vintage card if it isn't slabbed??

Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

The way I look at it, this message board is still far tamer than the one before it (about 2001). The old FullCount Board was worse in my opinion as far as the mud slinging went.

I dont mind the different opinions/arguments on card questions, authenticity, grading questions etc. But most of the mud slinging lately have been completely unrelated to baseball cards...... So I tend to not even follow them.

Just skip those posts, and this message board is still the best for info.