NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Default Card Restoration Question

Posted By: Aaron M.

Does anyone know if the restoration service offered for cards can also work for paper premiums (elimination of stains, creases, etc.)?

Also, who does everyone think is the most reputable card restorer and how much does he usually charge, how long does it take, etc.?

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: botn

is in a better position to answer this question since he has extensive experience with the procedures. I know that he could recommend businesses that offer the service. May want to read this link. If your answer is not there you can always e-mail him.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=153652&messageid=1082763596&lp=1082940745

Old 05-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian H

But, the name that I ususally hear is Richard Towle (SP?)...He seems to have a very good reputation . I don't recall his info..... I am sure its around the srchives somewhere.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

batting around .367 right now !

Old 05-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

I have been to the office of this company several times (when I was strongly considering restoring my Just So Tobacco Jesse Burkett). They do amazing work (most of it not baseball cards), though they can be a little expensive.

http://www.graphicconservation.com/

Old 05-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Anyone have Dick Towle's e-mail address?

Old 05-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

This has been asked before, but no one responded. He also doesn't have his website anymore. I get the impression he tailors his business to a few dealers.

Bill

Old 05-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

andy baran's link appears to be a very professional and upfront organization that could probably restore most paper items and at the same time be very upfront about the results and disclosure.

the other option is a person in california, who's work is equally impressive, but his disclosure is not quite on the same level.

scott

Old 05-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: botn

There was an article/interview in SCD a couple of years ago in which Towle's telephone number appeared. The two posts that I have seen about him reference that he is in either Pittsford or Hammond, New York. In doing a basic search for his name or the company name, nothing came up in either city.

Old 05-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Scott:

Can you please e-mail me the contact info for the person in California?

(The work I'd want done is for an item in my collection and not for resale.)

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy

scott,
i've purchased some beautiful cards from a dealer in california, obviously not all dealers in california are selling restored cards, but i would also like some more info. i'f you email me regarding this i'd very much appreciate it.
thanks

Old 05-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Spillman

In the VCBC magazine, issue 7, Dennis Purdy wrote a question and answer type interview article that he conducted with Daniel Paul of Rags to Riches Restorations of Beverly Hills, CA. Paul states that he not only restores sports cards but also does collectible art and antique documents. Phone number given is 310 289 3141.

Ten years ago Mr. Paul was the man asked to leave the White Plains, NY sports card show by the show promoter, Gloria Rothstein, for handing out his business cards to dealers.

Dick Towle of Pittsford, NY, wrote an article whose subject was mainly concerned with stain removal from cards in the May 31,1996 edition of SCD.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Jerry:

Thanks for the tip re: Rags to Riches. Unfortunately the phone number you provided is disconnected.

I'm not sure if people/dealers are intentionally withholding the contact information to Dick Towle and "the guy on the west coast" in order to monopolize/prioritize their business or if people just plain don't know how to get ahold of them, but it does seem odd that such a supposedly informed and expereinced group of collectors and dealers such as those assembled here would ignore direct questions and refuse to provide information to help a felllow collector.

That's disheartening.