NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Default Huggins and Scott Auctions Now Open

Posted By: Josh Wulkan

All:

Just a quick note to let you all know that our current Winter Masterpiece auction is now open for bidding. If you have not registered yet, you must do so in order to bid. Please feel free to visit our website and browse the auction. There are many vintage cards, sure to please most collectors. Also, please take notice of our new sliding scale buyers premium.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or call our main office.

thanks,
Josh Wulkan
Vice President
Huggins and Scott Auctions
1-866-462-2273
www.hugginsandscott.com

Old 01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

best of luck, Josh.
i won what i wanted in the last auction and have a bid in
on the one
i'm after this time!!!

great stuff.

best,

barry

Old 01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

This is not a 1949-50 Ansco card.

-Ryan

Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: stefan

Ryan,

What is the Connors card? Im guessing just mislabeled by SGC?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Wulkan

Ryan,
can you let me know what the card is. Looks like the Ansco, just without the rubber stamp on the back and the "Almendares" name is consistent with the Cuban issue. Do you know what the card is and I can modify it and maybe even get SGC to reslab it with the correct designation.

thanks,

Josh Wulkan
Huggins and Scott Auctions
josh@hugginsandscott.com

Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Josh,

The year is correct, but they are really not that similar to Ansco cards. The issuer is unknown. I've been told they were given out or sold at the ballpark and meant for fans to get autographs on them, although I've only seen a few signed. They are much more common than Anscos.

They are also on a completely different stock (card stock vs. photographic) and measure differently (3.5" by 5" for these vs. 3" by 3.75" for Ansco).

Plus, Ansco cards say "Ansco" on an advertisement on the front of the card. Not all have the stamp on the back.

Other than that, I guess they're pretty close.

SGC blew it on this one. I take it you guys sent this one yourselves? Not sure how SGC would come up with this being an Ansco card, so I assume whoever sent it in put that on the invoice. They still should have caught it.

SGC used to call me to ask questions when they received a submission with Cuban cards they weren't sure about. Probably would have been a good idea on this one.

Still a great card of the Rifleman.

-Ryan

Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

"SGC used to call me to ask questions when they received a submission with Cuban cards they weren't sure about. Probably would have been a good idea on this one."

If the grading companies would do this more often with the known experts in the different areas of the hobby, I think they would improve their services.

And I am sure most of us would be glad to offer any information we could. As Ryan stated a mistake would have never happened if he were contacted on this card.

Hope the family is doing great Ryan, Dan.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I have gotten calls from SGC on a few esoteric issues but they didn't call me on the fake E94 Overprint....probably should have and I was told they probably will in the future, if there is a questionable card. I too feel it is a good idea for them to call folks with specific knowledge on issues that are not commonly seen. It only makes sense.....regards