NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Nope...I think people know the difference between Asking price and what a price sold for....they could be the same..but could be not.......we would know the max paid for it was $100 though...card prices go up and down from that point on but we will know the asking price on that date ...
Of course they know the difference, but it doesn't change the fact that the asking price is irrelevant and potentially misleading after the fact. Please explain how knowing the seller's asking price helps the collecting community in any meaningful way if you don't know what the card actually sells for?
Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Of course they know the difference, but it doesn't change the fact that the asking price is irrelevant and potentially misleading after the fact. Please explain how knowing the seller's asking price helps the collecting community in any meaningful way if you don't know what the card actually sells for?
well in your example we know the card didn't sell for more than $100...that's gives more information than zero....if its not a big deal about the asking price...then why not leave it?

If I see a card listed for $300..and there are 4 price reductions to $200...and now $200 is the asking price...and it sold last week.....I know I wouldn't value that card at $300 when asking price was $200 after many reductions....how is that info bad for me to know...maybe sold for less than $200 as well..

I do know if the asking price is deleted..i don't think that helps the community..... if I am a new member and there is no past sales history ..and the guy that bought the $200 card says he needs $400 for it cause he just paid that last week on net54...do you think that's good for the community?

plus if you say 'of course they know the difference' between asking and sell price..than its not potentially misleading after the fact..because they KNOW the difference..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-14-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
well in your example we know the card didn't sell for more than $100...that's gives more information than zero....if its not a big deal about the asking price...then why not leave it?

If I see a card listed for $300..and there are 4 price reductions to $200...and now $200 is the asking price...and it sold last week.....I know I wouldn't value that card at $300 when asking price was $200 after many reductions....how is that info bad for me to know...maybe sold for less than $200 as well..

I do know if the asking price is deleted..i don't think that helps the community..... if I am a new member and there is no past sales history ..and the guy that bought the $200 card says he needs $400 for it cause he just paid that last week on net54...do you think that's good for the community?
Because it's useless information and potentially extremely misleading!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:36 AM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I have sold cards here on the bst in the past at apparently prices that were too low. I did my research...thought about what I paid and what they were worth and set my prices.

Dealing with many members scolding me for selling too low caused me to start deleting my sold item prices. It's nobody's business what I choose to sell my cards for...so there!!!!
price-shaming, it's what we do here petey! point finger and laugh at your lack of salesmanship for not 5x the asking price of what you want it to sell for then incrementally bumping it down 2.5% every day...

i do remember that one post where your card sold within 30sec and the board had a mini-meltdown about it
Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:

plus if you say 'of course they know the difference' between asking and sell price..than its not potentially misleading after the fact..because they KNOW the difference..
We know the semantic difference, but there's no way of knowing what the actual sale price is on a private sale unless buyer or seller make it public. So in my example one could assume the card sold for any amount up to $100, when in reality the card sold for 80% of the asking price. Therefor the asking price is useless and misleading, particularly to a newcomer.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:44 AM
pete ullman

damn straight Quan!!!

to me...as a vintage collector for 35 years or so...I don't like how pricing in the hobby...as well as knowledge...seems to have become something that can be looked up and a fairly decisive conclusion made quickly and easily.

i certainly realize that the grading companies...and the registries...and the VCP's of the world...the ebay's...the message boards...have all contributed to this framework.

i suppose it's just the evolution of a given area of knowledge/collecting when technology is thrown into the mix?

most of us seem to agree...that we pay what we are willing to pay for an item. A lot of the time I don't look up past pricing for a card...because if I want it...and am willing to pay the asking price...I will buy it...and be happy!

I'm apparently a barely middle aged dinosaur! P-rex...sorry ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
price-shaming, it's what we do here petey! point finger and laugh at your lack of salesmanship for not 5x the asking price of what you want it to sell for then incrementally bumping it down 2.5% every day...

i do remember that one post where your card sold within 30sec and the board had a mini-meltdown about it
Old 08-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Mike

This may be over simplifying things but...This is a board of collectors. There are many reasons a card sells for what it does. Pricing on the BST is not a straight forward eBay minus fees. I am less worried about the prices remaining visible than the actual transaction remaining in the post. I am looking for something? I like to see who sold one recently. That way I can reach out and ask "Do you have any more?" "Do you know who might?"
Old 08-14-2015, 10:03 AM

I'd like to be able to see what items sell for, particularly for non-card memorabilia. I like getting a sense for what various memorabilia may be worth. However, sellers using BST here certainly have the right to do what they want on this issue and, after reading this thread, I have a better appreciation for why some sellers here opt to delete the price after a sale.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
This may be over simplifying things but...This is a board of collectors. There are many reasons a card sells for what it does. Pricing on the BST is not a straight forward eBay minus fees. I am less worried about the prices remaining visible than the actual transaction remaining in the post. I am looking for something? I like to see who sold one recently. That way I can reach out and ask "Do you have any more?" "Do you know who might?"
Absolutely...this makes perfect sense Mike. What doesn't make sense is pretending knowing an asking price provides anyone with any useful or relevant information. If I want to see asking prices I'll just look at buy it now listings on ebay. That's always good for a laugh or two.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:14 AM
M.att C H A R L T O N

Just rereading for giggles and I saw something that I missed. Do you ACTUALLY EMAIL PEOPLE AND ASK THEM WHAT THEY SOLD THEIR CARD FOR? What planet are you from?
Old 08-14-2015, 10:16 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Lol Matt!
Old 08-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Most of the time there is no evidence of who bought it. So the argument of protecting the buyer losses merit.

I'm on the side of leaving the asking price. In my opinion it's substantially more helpful than hurtful.

I've asked sellers what items sold for and I get a response 50% of the time.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Just rereading for giggles and I saw something that I missed. Do you ACTUALLY EMAIL PEOPLE AND ASK THEM WHAT THEY SOLD THEIR CARD FOR? What planet are you from?
Um, I have received multiple emails and pms from people--mostly hobby friends--who have asked me that very question. I have personally and with my own eyes seen them at various times right here on planet Earth.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 08-14-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:56 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Um, I have received multiple emails and pms from people--mostly hobby friends--who have asked me that very question. I have personally and with my own eyes seen them at various times right here on planet Earth.
asking prices usualy arent 50X more than what the card sells for.....if a guy has a card he wants $3000 for and there is no other price history out there...but i see a forum where someone is asking in the thousands. versus 100 bucks...i would gleam something from it....it can all be a scam.but so can VCP like OP said on this thread....its information...how good it is...who knows..but i not sure how its worse than knowing nothing....
Old 08-14-2015, 10:58 AM
Brad Pencil

See I take out the prices because I've been asked too before by buyers and tend to do it by default now, maybe they are going to flip it, I don't know. But I also don't care if they do because I got what I deemed was a fair deal. I tell people to PM me and they do and I usually give them the price I sold it but also give them a range of what I've seen others sell. It really depends on the card, not all 1's are equal just like in any grade. So I think its up to the person to do what ever they want in their own BST.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil1974 View Post
See I take out the prices because I've been asked too before by buyers and tend to do it by default now, maybe they are going to flip it, I don't know. But I also don't care if they do because I got what I deemed was a fair deal. I tell people to PM me and they do and I usually give them the price I sold it but also give them a range of what I've seen others sell. It really depends on the card, not all 1's are equal just like in any grade. So I think its up to the person to do what ever they want in their own BST.
noone said people cant do what they want with the card...just giving more options and many people here agree that putting the asking price is better than nothing and does zero harm to the buyer....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-14-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:40 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxcat View Post
I have asked what a card sold for twice when I was actively looking for a card and just didn't get to a post in time.

I can see removing the asking price if a buyer requests it. I see no harm in leaving the information up. I have purchased a few cards from the b/s/t pages of Net54, and it never crossed my mind to make such a request. If I buy a card that was listed in a public forum, it's with the expectation that the asking price is already a public record. I may send a private offer via message and can understand why a buyer or seller might want to keep that offer and final price private.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:42 AM
S Gross

I do sell a bit on BST.

When a card sells, I remove price and put in "sold."

Why ??? Simple, the card sold. Where I see and agree/disagree with all the "discussion" here, it really never crossed my mind.

I just keep it simple (maybe like my mind ).
Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

I'm not sure why some here expect private transactions to be public knowledge. I'm hoping that those who would like the prices to remain don't feel that the access to 'free' information is a right. The only people who this should matter to, and who should have a say in the information around the transaction, would be the seller and buyer of the item.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:59 AM
qu@n nguy3n

i mark my prices as sold so i don't keep getting 50% offers on the price i list. i don't really understand all this argument about "asking price" vs "selling price" in this thread. i'm probably doing it wrong but most of the time my initial listed price is the selling price, or very close to it.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:10 PM

i dont really see the value of leaving *asking* prices up. there is too much noise in that variable for it to be a real meaningful input in one's decision about purchasing a card in the future. one person's asking price can be wildly higher or lower relative to another - and it further varies by card type, condition, graded or not, and other card and transaction specific characteristics.

i think the asking price becomes valuable only when we know the sold price. that way we can gauge how initial prices differ from the *true* market value. by itself, the asking price provides little information.

Last edited by majordanby; 08-14-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:21 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
I'm not sure why some here expect private transactions to be public knowledge. I'm hoping that those who would like the prices to remain don't feel that the access to 'free' information is a right. The only people who this should matter to, and who should have a say in the information around the transaction, would be the seller and buyer of the item.
In my opinion, a private transaction does not take place on a public forum.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:28 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
In my opinion, a private transaction does not take place on a public forum.
Private transactions happen all the time in public places, but it doesn't make them any less of a 'private transaction'. Buying an item at Walmart is still a private transaction.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:35 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Private transactions happen all the time in public places, but it doesn't make them any less of a 'private transaction'. Buying an item at Walmart is still a private transaction.
Walmart doesn't delete their asking price from public record. The asking price was posted publicly, for the card, and to me it seems strange to remove it after a sale.

The post was not meant to be confrontational. I had seen others mention the issue in other posts. I wanted to share my opinion, and see what others thought.

At least now I know why it's done, even if I don't agree with the reasoning.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:46 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Walmart doesn't delete their asking price from public record. The asking price was posted publicly, for the card, and to me it seems strange to remove it after a sale.

The post was not meant to be confrontational. I had seen others mention the issue in other posts. I wanted to share my opinion, and see what others thought.

At least now I know why it's done, even if I don't agree with the reasoning.
Jesse,

My apologies. Didn't mean my reply to come across that way either. But it seems like there were some here who 'expect' to have access to that information.

And while I would prefer to see sale prices remain, it's not my business if the buyer/seller don't want it to be my business.

And FWIW, the few items I've sold I've used the strike out method and marked the item sold (since it's what I prefer to see from others). But I probably would have honored a request from the buyer to delete the price as well, if so asked.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Danny Smith

Quote:
really not a secret....people know how much you paid for your house...but you worry about what a card costs for 400 dollar.....theres is VCP and ebay out there.
Exactly!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Mike

There are also times when a seller has more cards than can fit in a post (18 scan limit). When I have a post going (like I do now) where I am using the same framework over and again to sell a larger amount of cards, I will mark it sold but eventually, when I add new scans, will delete the first group entirely to keep things simple. I mean, does anybody but the seller & buyer care what a P350 common T206 sold for? or even THAT it sold?
Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
There are also times when a seller has more cards than can fit in a post (18 scan limit). When I have a post going (like I do now) where I am using the same framework over and again to sell a larger amount of cards, I will mark it sold but eventually, when I add new scans, will delete the first group entirely to keep things simple. I mean, does anybody but the seller & buyer care what a P350 common T206 sold for? or even THAT it sold?
i dont think i would ever look up price history on that type of card....for a $1000 card i would look at many places though..
Old 08-14-2015, 01:11 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Jesse,

My apologies. Didn't mean my reply to come across that way either. But it seems like there were some here who 'expect' to have access to that information.

And while I would prefer to see sale prices remain, it's not my business if the buyer/seller don't want it to be my business.

And FWIW, the few items I've sold I've used the strike out method and marked the item sold (since it's what I prefer to see from others). But I probably would have honored a request from the buyer to delete the price as well, if so asked.
No apology needed. There seemed to be stronger opinions on the subject than I anticipated so I felt I should clarify the original intent of the thread.

I wasn't trying to argue with anyone, and I'm actually pretty excited right now because I finally got my 52 Mantle in the mail yesterday.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
No apology needed. There seemed to be stronger opinions on the subject than I anticipated so I felt I should clarify the original intent of the thread.

I wasn't trying to argue with anyone, and I'm actually pretty excited right now because I finally got my 52 Mantle in the mail yesterday.
Wow...congrats on the Mantle! I'm looking forward to the day when one arrives at my doorstep

As far as the original topic goes...I tend to side with leaving the sale price up for future purposes and also it allows me to gain more knowledge about the card(s) up for sale. I do, however, understand if someone wants to delete it, but let's be real, most of the cards have a relatively known price point and it's no secret....so why be so hush hush about any of it? If anything, keeping the price hidden only harms future buyers/collectors because that allows sellers to create a new price that they could easily take advantage of buyers that don't have a lot of info on certain cards. Yes, that example can be a bit extreme, but it's true. In the present, we are allowed to do what we please as far as leaving and deleting prices go.

Good discussion and let's keep enjoying this wonderful site and hobby we all share!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 08-14-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:22 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
Wow...congrats on the Mantle! I'm looking forward to the day when one arrives at my doorstep

As far as the original topic goes...I tend to side with leaving the sale price up for future purposes and also it allows me to gain more knowledge about the card(s) up for sale. I do, however, understand if someone wants to delete it, but let's be real, most of the cards have a relatively known price point and it's no secret....so why be so hush hush about any of it? If anything, keeping the price hidden only harms future buyers/collectors because that allows sellers to create a new price that they could easily take advantage of buyers that don't have a lot of info on certain cards. Yes, that example can be a bit extreme, but it's true. In the present, we are allowed to do what we please as far as leaving and deleting prices go.

Good discussion and let's keep enjoying this wonderful site and hobby we all share!

For all the posters who say asking price means nothing..there seems to be a lot of people on cards on b/s/t when there is no price listed always saying 'whats the asking price'........if asking price isn't important..why do you ask..why not just make an offer like the seller wants.....buyers usually want an asking price.....sometimes an asking price will make a buyer not interested at all.......anyway theres more than Zero information learned by knowing the asking price.....
Old 08-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
For all the posters who say asking price means nothing..there seems to be a lot of people on cards on b/s/t when there is no price listed always saying 'whats the asking price'........if asking price isn't important..why do you ask..why not just make an offer like the seller wants.....buyers usually want an asking price.....sometimes an asking price will make a buyer not interested at all.......anyway theres more than Zero information learned by knowing the asking price.....
Now your moving the goalposts. Yes, asking price is important...when a card is still available for sale. It's useless otherwise, and potentially misleading as I've already explained. Clearly there will never be a consensus on this so why keep it going?
Old 08-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Brad Pencil

Exactly, let people handle their own BST threads the way they want. If you want to put your sold prices in 72 pt Helvetica Extra Bold Extended and put them in the title of YOUR thread, have at it.

But if I want to take the price down, I will and there is nothing anyone can say or do to change that. Just the way it is. My only ask would be not to hi-jack someone else's BST as I've seen a few people do.

Last edited by pencil1974; 08-14-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:42 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Exactly, let people handle their own BST threads the way they want. If you want to put your sold prices in 72 pt Helvetica Extra Bold Extended and put them in the title of YOUR thread, have at it.

But if I want to take the price down, I will and there is nothing anyone can say or do to change that. Just the way it is. My only ask would be not to hi-jack someone else's BST as I've seen a few people do.
I have said you can do what you want...never said you have to do anything regarding not putting the asking price after a card has sold...its your choice...why do you imply that im telling you what to do? My posts consistently say you can do what you want..

there have been other posters here that agree with me and may start listing their asking prices...... someone said asking prices dont matter...so i was making the point that they appear to matter more than zero because people keep asking for the a sellers asking price before making an offer as just one example that they might means more than zero...

"Now your moving the goalposts. Yes, asking price is important...when a card is still available for sale. It's useless otherwise, and potentially misleading as I've already explained. Clearly there will never be a consensus on this so why keep it going?"

I am not moving the goalposts..it was directly on point......and we already handled that an asking price of a card thats sold isnt misleading at all...people know the difference between asking price and sale price...plus its misleading when seller says that a card consistently sells for $600 when there are 2 prior sales where the asking price was $300 a month earlier , but no asking price is now listed.......basially you cant say having an asking price is misleading without addressing that the fact deleting information can also result to misleading info..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-14-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:39 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
I have said you can do what you want...never said you have to do anything regarding not putting the asking price after a card has sold...its your choice...why do you imply that im telling you what to do? My posts consistently say you can do what you want..

there have been other posters here that agree with me and may start listing their asking prices...... someone said asking prices dont matter...so i was making the point that they appear to matter more than zero because people keep asking for the a sellers asking price before making an offer as just one example that they might means more than zero...

"Now your moving the goalposts. Yes, asking price is important...when a card is still available for sale. It's useless otherwise, and potentially misleading as I've already explained. Clearly there will never be a consensus on this so why keep it going?"

I am not moving the goalposts..it was directly on point......and we already handled that an asking price of a card thats sold isnt misleading at all...people know the difference between asking price and sale price...plus its misleading when seller says that a card consistently sells for $600 when there are 2 prior sales where the asking price was $300 a month earlier , but no asking price is now listed.......basically you cant say having an asking price is misleading without addressing that the fact deleting information can also result to misleading info..
Yes, yes I can. You seem to be implying that the only way for someone to estimate market value is by finding previous BST threads where the exact same card has been listed for sale (without acknowledging that information is useless and furthermore misleading if the cards sells for $300 but shows up in thread as $600 SOLD), which is so completely asinine that it's unworthy of discussion...yet at the same time seems to be your best argument. Let it go man.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 08-15-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:49 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Yes, yes I can. You seem to be implying that the only way for someone to estimate market value is by finding previous BST threads where the exact same card has been listed for sale (without acknowledging that information is useless and furthermore misleading if the cards sells for $300 but shows up in thread as $600 SOLD), which is so completely asinine that it's unworthy of discussion...yet at the same time seems to be your best argument. Let it go man.
No I am not implying its the best method...I am implying its just one possible way to ascertain some information on the card, or at least knowing more than having 'sold' in the forum

I don't think anyone thinks I ever implied that b/s/t asking prices is the best method to estimate market value at the time of the sale.......I do think seeing 'sold' is useless though.....
Old 08-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Do you at least acknowledge the information regarding asking price could be misleading as pointed out in my example? It's a yes or no question, no need to qualify your answer with anything more than yes or no.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:02 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Do you at least acknowledge the information regarding asking price could be misleading as pointed out in my example? It's a yes or no question, no need to qualify your answer with anything more than yes or no.
Its not misleading..its an Asking price....you can look at other sources , are Buy it now prices misleading on ebay? or past sales that say 'best offer accepted' and we see the asking price but dont know what it sold for?'

So ebay has a million times more traffic on their 'best offer accepted' when look at past sales....you do see the asking price.......basically i am saying its already a very very very common practice to leave up the asking price....like ebay.....things tend to be more misleading when its not a very very common practice.

here is an example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-W...item3cffeaf5a9

is anyone mislead about this mays having a list price for $3824...and best offer accepted...how the heck is it misleading? If someone tried to sell me the same card for $6000.00, i would find it useful to know that the asking price on the same card was $3824...maybe it sold for that..maybe it sold for $1000 less...but the sold listing including the asking price (but not the sale price) isnt misleading..

if the past sale just said 'sold' and didnt have ANY price..i dont see how thats better.....if i paid $6000 for that card convinced on what the seller told me and then I listed it at auction and got $3500.00 i would of wanted to see that asking price....yeah you have to do your homework on buying a card that is expensive...but again seeing 'sold' allows for a future seller to be misleading. I dont think sellers are misleading but just showing you that worrying about the aksing price being misleading isnt anything to be worried about versus what else it out ther

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-15-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Gobucsmagic74

It was a yes or no question as I stated. Yes or no? It will let everyone know if you are reasonable or if you are just going to blindly defend your position. I'm done debating either way, but I'd appreciate your answer sir. As far as above, I agree you would have more information than if no asking price is shown, albeit useless information.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 08-15-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:13 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
It was a yes or no question as I stated. Yes or no? It will let everyone know if you are reasonable or if you are just going to blindly defend your position. I'm done debating either way, but I'd appreciate your answer sir.
No.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Brad Pencil

Default But if you know the trick...

You can see what any Buy it Now sells for...

Here is your example...So you might even be screwing yourself worse because if you can't see the actual sale prices on eBay, that is way worse than just seeing SOLD on the BST.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 10.24.28 AM copy.jpg (70.6 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by pencil1974; 08-15-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:01 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
You can see what any Buy it Now sells for...

Here is your example...So you might even be screwing yourself worse because if you can't see the actual sale prices on eBay, that is way worse than just seeing SOLD on the BST.
yeah i dont know the trick.....but i didnt assume it sold for the asking price...what is the trick? im sure many will want to know that

and 3100 is a lot for psa 6 non centered...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-15-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:56 AM
Brad Pencil

If I remember correct there has been many threads on the trick to seeing it Buy it Now's on eBay.

I do the item.ebay.ca (then all the info that is already there). It has worked every time I want to see an item.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:55 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
If I remember correct there has been many threads on the trick to seeing it Buy it Now's on eBay.

I do the item.ebay.ca (then all the info that is already there). It has worked every time I want to see an item.
thanks...for the many that don't know the trick though which may be in the millions..they just see the 'accept best offer'..

ill do your method as its better to know sale price of course.....(how dare we put sale price here!)