NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
We auctioned 19/23 T227 Miner's extras and while two of them are brutally tough it's gotta be doable.

I personally have the 23/25 T220 (Boxing) Silver Borders and I actually know someone who has the James Corbett (one of three) and the Mike Donovan (one of one) and he's willing to sell them fairly reasonably, I'm just not in that rent district.
Just noting that there are at least 4 Donovan's out there, I have scans of at least 3 of them and own 1 (the first that surfaced). Still hunting for Corbett to complete this one
Old 01-10-2021, 06:28 AM
P.aul Orl,in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
We auctioned 19/23 T227 Miner's extras and while two of them are brutally tough it's gotta be doable.

I personally have the 23/25 T220 (Boxing) Silver Borders and I actually know someone who has the James Corbett (one of three) and the Mike Donovan (one of one) and he's willing to sell them fairly reasonably, I'm just not in that rent district.

T227 should be doable... must be a few complete out there. I have been searching for a Brown and Rodgers for years since buying a great lot from the Sotheby’s Halper auction. Anyone wants to help out, I am a buyer!!
Old 01-10-2021, 08:03 AM
Matthew Glidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I think it’s in line...

What’s the toughest affordable set to complete pre-war. Many of the ultra rare are not really possible for a regular budget (and continued marriage ).

Hijack duly noted...1936 Goudey. Relatively plentiful, fewer collectors collecting black and white photo cards, small-size (25), no mega-stars in set (Greenberg the biggest star), and backs that could be used in playing a game, making it seem like a game card set that a substantial number of collectors frown upon.

All of this adds up to an affordable, easy to complete prewar set.

Brian
True, 1936 Goudey R322's an easy enough one to put together. On the flip side for that particular set (pun intended), I leveraged Dave Winer's efforts (via Net54) to identify the entire master set of front/back combos, which totals 176. After a couple years of hunting, I need nine more.

So far, I've paid $5-15 for commons and up to $80 for HOFers, which puts it in affordable territory for many prewar collectors. No clear scarcity differences between R322 front/back combos, so demand's driven by the HOFers and semi-stars like Pepper Martin.

Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest-running on-line collecting club. Find us at oldbaseball.com.

Last edited by Spike; 01-10-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:06 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Just noting that there are at least 4 Donovan's out there, I have scans of at least 3 of them and own 1 (the first that surfaced). Still hunting for Corbett to complete this one
The numbers have steadily, if slowly, increased. there are multiple of both now.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-10-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpaul View Post
T227 should be doable... must be a few complete out there. I have been searching for a Brown and Rodgers for years since buying a great lot from the Sotheby’s Halper auction. Anyone wants to help out, I am a buyer!!
A good friend of mine has the complete T227 set, higher grade at that. Also at least one other person has completed it, probably more.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:43 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

How about the E107s? And I really don't know much about variations, errors or team changes. Kevin S. can you help? John