NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-21-2014, 03:37 AM
Ni.tin Lal

Default Goldin Auction's evolution

Posted is deleted after discussing the issues and tabling some with Goldin. Leon thank you for updating the name. The objective of the post was not to complain rather it was due to the accumulation of issues that today most of were addressed.

The future seems bright as many of the issues will be remedied in an optimistic and timely fashion and I commend Goldin in heading in that direction.

Last edited by mirice41; 07-21-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Cooler Heads prevailed
Old 07-21-2014, 03:54 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Per the rules at the top of the page, you must have your full name in your post and I don't see that anywhere.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:53 AM
Barry Sloate

This is your first post, and you did it anonymously. Bad news all around.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
This is your first post, and you did it anonymously. Bad news all around.
His name is there now.....
Old 07-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Tom Boblitt

It's a simple equation. STOP CONSIGNING WITH THEM. While it IS their auction, there are many others to go with. Hunts, Lelands, Legendary, REA, Heritage, SCP, Grey Flannel, etc. All of them do tons of memorabilia. If you consistently don't get the terms you are promised, that's breach of contract, and move on to another auctioneer. I agree that any grading should be completely agreed to before it's done. Whether it's MEARS on memo or PSA/SGC on cards, etc. It winds up being very expensive and coming right off your bottom dollar. Good luck whatever you decide but there's more than one game in town............
Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Ken Goldin

This individual has never contacted the office via email or phone call to comment on any of the above.
He has had a number of items that failed authentication, be it from PSA/DNA, Mears etc. People get upset when items fail and a company like MEARS charges the same price for a failed item as they do an authenticated one. I am choosing not to comment on his post and instead contact him regarding his concerns, however I am more than miffed that he creates an account just to post the above without sending a single email, or a single call to the office. Needless to say there are two sides to every story, and you all know me as someone who attempts to resolves issues the SECOND they are brought to my attention
thank you.

In addition, I just spoke with the person I know he was making a reference to (the individual he referred to who I purchased a jersey from ). That individual was shocked at the reference, said he has no issues and never had an issue, and is contacting the poster of this message to remove the reference and does not know how or why that false statement is in here. Needless to say, it was a very unfortunate first post by the OP .

Last edited by kengoldin; 07-21-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Belltown Vintage

Ken doesn't hide from controversial discussions, even when it would be easy to do so.

This thread is formulaic. I wish there were forum rules about someone joining just to bitch about something, especially another forum where he isn't getting satisfaction. If the OP had any desire to be part of our community, he would already be a member - it's not like we aren't the biggest on the planet.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Jimmy

Default Goldin Auctions faux pas

This post is way off topic - and this board is not here to make judgment on any company or auction house. We have been through this in the past, with so much bad news hitting the hobby these days - I just want to enjoy and have fun and this was one site I could do that. I understand board members want to discuss, but please do this in manner that is pleasing to everyone. The post provided too much personal and private detailed information that could have been discussed in an email. We are all open to helping which is why we have an option to send a private email to anyone on the board.

Jimmy
Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

The one thing all of us know about Ken. He wants to make money not throw it away. Your statements don't add up. If you do have proof show it or shut up.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Unless The OP had a premonition from a year ago he didn't make this account to bitch about the auction.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Belltown Vintage

Okay, I missed the join date - the post count of '1' stuck out a bit more.

So he didn't join for that reason, but it's his only reason to ever post.