NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T

Old 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Ed McCollum

Default F Scott Fitzgerald stamped T206 wanted

Long story...Had one of these at one time, and traded it to someone who had one of Howe's stamped cards (that meant more to me). Now my son, who is an English lit major in college tells me that it was brought up in classes how Hemingway and Fitzgerald used to fight over the integrity of baseball. Mentioned I used to have one of Fitzgerald's cards, and he went nuts (only recently has he paid any attention to my collection). Thought as a graduation gift in May, I'd like to give him a card once owned by Fitzgerald. Between now and early May, if anyone is interested in getting rid of one, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:08 AM

Default Fitzies.....

Ed!

great story.....i have one, but took me a while to acquire.....it wasnt listed as a fitzie.....i nabbed it and had it slabbed right away....unfortunately, i love it and wont part with it.....but i will search for you.....takes a long time....i noticed that there a lot w/ epdg, i think epdg's where more prevelant in the missouri area distributed??

anyway, good luck w/ ur quest....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ewing epdg fscott.jpg (37.7 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg ewing epdg f scott.jpg (32.5 KB, 236 views)
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM

Very interesting!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 AM

very interesting...how do we know this particular "F" is his stamp?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Mike L.
Mi.ke Leid.erm.an

First I ever heard of this story. Very interesting.

I'm not going to ask numbers for prices paid for one of these, but, if anyone wants to offer it, I'm curious. Seems the plan is to find one where the owner just lists it as a marked card.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Ed McCollum

Default seems its been discussed here many times

here is one example...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ald#post960472
Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 PM

Default f scotties....

mike

mine went almost $125.00, assuming the condition is vg +/ex on a epdg....i dont think anyone spotted mine....it prob would've went $350.00 or better if advertised as such.....i'm worried that some jerk wad will start stamping epdgs just to get a premuim, that why i had my slabbed right away....my "F" is real dark and clear.....such prov in a card, i love it.....

best bet is to hunt them when they are not listed as such....but be warned, they are not that easy to find...took me a while