NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default Olberman - I Wonder How Much They Paid Him?

Posted By: vetekbob

Tbob,
Dont hold back on telling us what you really think of the card lol you know you want to share so much more lol

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com

Old 04-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted

I mean seriously, without the t206 olberman, i don't know how anyone can say that have a complete set. I was thinking about selling my psa 3 olberman with a RJ Nabisco Series 862 factory no. 43, special marlboro edition. Any takers?

Old 04-26-2005, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

What is painful isn't the fart joke but the thought of holding in an explosive pants ripper for an hour just to satisfy some loudmouth behind you

Old 04-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

Dan - I think people who have some of the qualities in your joke might get offended, which is why you have to be careful.

Adam thanks for the new TLA: EPR (I will definitely use this one).

I personally like the Olberman card. Olberman is an intelligent guy who loves this hobby - I have no doubt that he knows how to hold a baseball bat. I'm sure he did this on purpose to inject a little humor into the card, like Mowry's e96 or Burns' t206 (glove on wrong hand). Uh-oh...guys being funny again

Dan - you ARE gross. Stop that or we will all hold you down at the National and pound you with EPR's...or is that EPR? Ask ESPN.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

it's easy, the ones who I offended are the ones who have a large epr at home . That is why they have to run to the basement to look at their baseball cards.

I said it was a bit much, but as a family of PRE WAR CARD PEOPLE....some of my family members here would have wanted to know what happened to me . So I figured a reprint card post was the best opportunity to cut up.

My only loss here is that I might not get my Olberman card from one of you, glad Iam not the one sleeping with ya at night , I might change your life for good !!!!

I will be looking forward to the National, Scott, if any of you's want to find me...
you'll see the long line of folks lined up to PULL MY FINGER..and the reward ,a meatloaf sammitch and an OLBERMAN CARD !!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

bake some garlic for breakfast - it spreads nice on crackers, goes down good....and sends your enemies running.

I probably won't be at the National - touring Iowa with my son to do some baseball research. If somehow we are anywhere near Chicago at the right time, we'll definitely stop by. He is making a documentary of the trip so a few minutes of "National" footage would be a nice touch.

Old 04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ted

not sure what the deal is with filming at the national, if you are even considering it, you probably need to get a release.... just fyi as any doc. of that sort we've had to get one.

BlackSoxFan

Old 04-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Are you sure? That's actually me in the brown jacket.

Old 04-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: will watson

in a 1994 article with Collector's Sportslook, Olbermann states "A light brown jacket and about a half leg's worth of jeans? That's me. Well, that's one-eighth of me"