NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Casey

Default Wanted to buy inexpensive Hank Aaron signed ball

WTB - inexpensive Aaron baseball (maybe 30ish bucks). Ball doesn't need to be great. Browning ok. Mostly only interested in strong signature. Prefer MLB ball. PM me with possibilities and pic. Thanks to all. Casey

Last edited by Case12; 12-18-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case12 View Post
WTB - inexpensive Aaron baseball (maybe 30ish bucks). Ball doesn't need to be great. Browning ok. Mostly only interested in strong signature. Prefer MLB ball. PM me with possibilities and pic. Thanks to all. Casey
Hey while you all are looking for an inexpensive Aaron ball, I would like a single signed ball from some guy named George Ruth. I can pay upwards of 100 dollars
Old 12-18-2018, 05:12 PM
Pete Sycks

Finding any Aaron auto ball for $30 will be impossible. Best of luck though.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 12-18-2018, 07:58 PM
$cott N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
Hey while you all are looking for an inexpensive Aaron ball, I would like a single signed ball from some guy named George Ruth. I can pay upwards of 100 dollars

Hahaha!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 06:44 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Is it possible he means TOMMY Aaron?

Case, $30 is not going to get you an authentic HA ball.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Casey

Appreciate the feedback. It's not about the money. Many balls out there for $150. So not the ratio of Ruth suggested. I do have a Tommie Aaron ball and love it - found it digging around at a show. I did sell a perfect authentic HA for $40 a few years ago. So the hunt is more interesting than the price - for me anyway. I am not a dealer and don't look to make a profit. I have even had people give my kids balls for free :-)

Last edited by Case12; 12-19-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:24 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
you should be able to find a really nice fake with a fake COA for 30 bucks.

Good luck! Spend a bean and get a nice one. Or save up your allowance for another couple weeks. Nobody likes a spotted raccoon ball. These Star Aaron's were $80-90. Now go back to work and save save save!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hank Aaron 1 (White) PSA.jpg (67.2 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg Hank Aaron JSA.jpg (68.1 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpg Hank Aaron Steiner PSA.jpg (69.0 KB, 301 views)
Old 12-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Casey

Cool story - I once met Stan Musial in a bathroom. We were looking in the mirror washing hands and I said. "You look just like Stan Musial". He said, "I am!". We proceeded to talk ball for maybe 5 minutes - seemed like an eternity to me. I didn't have him sign anything (gee, we were in a bathroom :-). But loved, a random hunt...
Old 12-28-2018, 02:59 AM
Bob Davies

You couldn't find any paper in the bathroom?

This seems like an unrelated post under the thread you started here, "Wanted to buy inexpensive Hank Aaron signed ball".

May I suggest starting a new thread under the descriptor "Ever met anyone famous in a public bathroom?"

Last edited by Stampsfan; 12-28-2018 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:19 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
I am not a dealer and don't look to make a profit.
If you are looking to buy something that is widely sellable at significantly less than the market value, you are seeking the same or even greater benefits than a dealer would. Also, you are not a kid.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Casey

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
You couldn't find any paper in the bathroom?

This seems like an unrelated post under the thread you started here, "Wanted to buy inexpensive Hank Aaron signed ball".

May I suggest starting a new thread under the descriptor "Ever met anyone famous in a public bathroom?"
That's funny. I should do that. Bet there are neat stories out there.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Chris

I’m confused by your thread. Do you want to buy a Hank Aaron ball or are you just discussing a previous desire to purchase a ball with a strong signature for substantially less than the market price that you’ve subsequently realized is a bit silly and have now given up on? If it’s the former, this is the wrong section to be posting in and you may want to clarify if ultimately decide to post in the right place. If it’s the later, good for you.

As for your bathroom story, I have so many jokes but am not going to mention any of them.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Casey

I did pick up a questionable ball for $24. Folks here ruled it to be fake. So I went ahead and spent more and got a PSA ball for $110. I learned a lot from the forum with this trek. Thank you!
Old 12-29-2018, 09:34 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
I did pick up a questionable ball for $24. Folks here ruled it to be fake. So I went ahead and spent more and got a PSA ball for $110. I learned a lot from the forum with this trek. Thank you!
Good job, 24 dollars isn't a bad price to learn a valuable lesson!

For the future , your first desire should be to find an authentic item, not the cheapest. The cheapest will generally not meet the authentic criteria.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 12-29-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:06 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
If we're going down that road, here's a photo I took inside the men's room just inside the Gate 4 entry at Yankee Stadium after the 2.00pm tour, November 12, 2008.

(Photo taken November 12, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

This photograph was taken, and is shared here, for historical, archival, and educational purposes. It should be noted that when using these urinals for their intended purpose, and in the intended manner, the user would be facing towards the field.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
Good job, 24 dollars isn't a bad price to learn a valuable lesson!

For the future , your first desire should be to find an authentic item, not the cheapest. The cheapest will generally not meet the authentic criteria.
Autograph Hunting 101, first and only lesson
Old 01-03-2019, 09:10 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
If we're going down that road, here's a photo I took inside the men's room just inside the Gate 4 entry at Yankee Stadium after the 2.00pm tour, November 12, 2008.

(Photo taken November 12, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

This photograph was taken, and is shared here, for historical, archival, and educational purposes. It should be noted that when using these urinals for their intended purpose, and in the intended manner, the user would be facing towards the field.
I did run into Ed O'Neil (Al Bundy) in the early 1990's in the bathrooms of an empty Universal Amphitheater during a comic relief warm-up. Nicest guy ever....And Tony Danza and Marcel Dionne at the old Forum Club. I think that's it, but that's all I can mis remember.